BWV - Exploring Purchasing, could use feedback

I walked away from the deal. Thanks for the feedback guys. Maybe I'll revisit in the future.

I was too concerned that the number of points (106) on the contract just wasn't enough.

Maintenance fees question..

Apparently, the rate for Boardwalk went up 9.5% last year. Is this sort of thing typical? At 100 points with a steady 9.5% increase, maintenance fees would be over 5K in 2041.

I know it's all speculation, but wanted to get the pulse. Should we be nervous about that?

In the last few years, there have been two events that caused the higher than usual percentage of increase in dues. One as mentioned above is a new union contract that significantly raised the hourly wages and benefits of the Disney employees who serve the resorts. The other is that a new county assessor was elected in 2016. He campaigned by asserting that the properties owned by Disney, Universal, and other large companies had for decades had been greatly undervalued and, as a result, eren't contributing their "fair share" of property taxes. He promised to end the incompetency of all prior assessors by greatly increasing the assessed value of the resort properties so they would pay their "fair share" of taxes. Over time, and doing only portions of WDW at a time, he has increased the assessed value of Disney World (and other) properties although numerous lawsuits have developed that have reduced a number of those assessments (but not down to what they were). Coupled with the rise in property assessments has been a rise in the percentage of the assessed value that is charged for property taxes. Net effect is that the dues increase in 2019 is also caused by a significant increase in property taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!