BWV Inthusiast - whats the store behind the chairs?

Chloe'sMom

I'm wonderful in my imperfection!
2wn8rqa.jpg

Aren't those things just about the scariest thing? I think they fit in with the Scary clown slide. You can't sit in the lobby or visit the pool without nightmares. :scared1:

New name for BWV - Scary Boardwalk Villas.

Aren't those things just about the scariest thing? I think they fit in with the Scary clown slide. You can't sit in the lobby or visit the pool without nightmares. :scared1:

:rotfl2: As much as I love our BWV home, perhaps the Creepy Clown Things from Spectromagic would be a fitting mascot for the resort! :scared1:

I figure I'm either going to finally be able to get over my clown phobia by continuing to confront it at BWV or I'll be so freaked waiting for the slide and chairs to come alive at night that we'll have to sell our contract there!!! :lmao:

I believe they are called Nanny chairs. :)

NOT good for clown phobics like myself!:scared1:

But I also think Ronald McDonald is a complete:scared1: nightmare!!!!!!

If you look on the wall where the chairs are it explains what they are. If I remember correctly they were part of a carousel. My kids love to sit in them everytime we go through the lobby.

Absolutely, clown slide offspring... probably ran away from home.

That's too funny! I was just going through our Christmas vacation pictures this morning, looking for the next batch to put in my trip report. I came across a beautiful picture of the BWV fireplace - it was really nice, except for those chairs!!! I decided not to post the picture in my TR, because I didn't want to scare anyone! LOL! :lmao:

chairs.jpg

-Michelle

If you look on the wall where the chairs are it explains what they are. If I remember correctly they were part of a carousel. My kids love to sit in them everytime we go through the lobby.

As much as we've sat in that lobby, I've never seen the description on the wall. Thanks for the tip! I'll check that out next time.

I agree. The little chairs are even more freaky in person.

Side note, on our last trip, a bride & groom were having their pictures taken in front that fireplace while sitting. I hope they didn't have those chairs in the pictures...

....now if I could only afford a small Disney vow renewal..... I know my DW would love it..

Those chairs looks like they can come alive at night! If anyone saw "Night at the Museum" (maybe wrong title- something like that) with Ben Stiller, it reminds me what kind of creepiness can happen at BWV:scared1:

My 1st trip to BWV is in March and I have never heard of the chairs. I am going to be on the look out for them, but maybe just to avoid them.

Kind of glad the kids aren't coming with us. Those are a on the scary side. :lmao:

Am I reading this wrong or is the OP asking for the little store off the main lobby, "Dundy's Sundries" instead of the story about the chairs.

I believe they are called Nanny chairs. :)
Yes, as in, "Be a good little child or Nanny is going to feed you to these chairs?" :eek: Talk about incentive.... yeeeesh!
As much as the Boardwalk is my home, I don't walk through the lobby alone after midnight.... they really are unnerving. :scared:

That's too funny! I was just going through our Christmas vacation pictures this morning, looking for the next batch to put in my trip report. I came across a beautiful picture of the BWV fireplace - it was really nice, except for those chairs!!! I decided not to post the picture in my TR, because I didn't want to scare anyone! LOL! :lmao:

chairs.jpg

-Michelle

You could always crop them out of the photo. :)

~Amanda

I am learning every day on this board. We have our first long stay in May. I had a one day stay in Aug and I did not even see the chairs. I am going over this Lobby with a fine tooth comb when I get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter