BWV trip report

cobbler

DIS Veteran
Just back from my first stay at the BWV, actually my first stay at a DVC resort other than my home.

Anyway we had a great time, it was my son's birthday trip.

Just some general observations. First off the hallway, hokey pete can that hall be any longer?? It didn't make or break our trip, we were in room 4009 and there were only 4 rooms that were farther down from us. We were in the Crest of the Wave bldg, right next to the red wall. That obstructed our view a bit but not to horrible. The bldg needs power washed quite bad!! We were in a one bedroom with a BW view.

We had 2 balconies, but hardly ever used the one off the master bedroom.

Likes about BWV - location is quite nice. Ok this is how my mind works so completely bass ackwards but being so close to the parks made me not feel so bad that we didn't go into them. We never went to Epcot and we only were at MGM for 4 hours. I think that being right next to them makes me feel better about not going to them and when I am away from them, it makes me want to go to them. Sometimes I don't work with a full deck :laughing:

Maintanence issues on our room. I called them, and apparantly you aren't calling maint. for your resort, you are calling a centralized location and to be honest I don't think they even cared. So I made a list and turned it into the front desk upon check out.

1 - Hole in the drywall about the size of a quarter next to the mirror in the entry way. Not a big deal, didn't ruin our trip but this has the potential of getting worse.
2 - Dryer is on the way to it's final resting place. That thing made the quite an irritable high pitch screetch every time it ran. Hubby thinks the belt is about to die.
3 - Toilet started running every so lightly on the last 2 days of our trip.
4 - Coffee table leg was broken so when you moved the table to pull out the sofa, you had to put the leg back in place.

Now I did call maintanence on these issues and they just said "Thank you" and hung up so I did turn in the list to the front desk.

Bell services was not really on the ball, or someone wasn't anyway. My locker was delievered on Saturday (we arrived Sunday) I finally went down there Tuesday to get it as no one notified me and I found out it was there by asking the place that stores it. They gave me a look like I was nuts (bell services) that I had something there since Saturday but found out I was right. They did apologize and offer to help me upstairs with it, which I declined.

We got lots of Welcome homes. That was great. Loved opening the balcony every morning and night to listen to the music coming from the BW. Loved the view of Spaceship Earth. Hubby didn't care for the loud fireworks every night though.

The walk to MGM wasn't bad, for some reason I thought it would be longer but it was decent.

Bus service. Now I hear people say bus service from so and so is bad and what not. I am an avid believer of bus service is hit or miss anywhere. While waiting for DTD we saw 3 MK busses and 3 AK busses before one DTD bus. Another day it was 2 and 2 before the DTD bus came. And I totally don't like having the endless stops associated with the resorts. We quickly learned to get off at the Swan and walk over. Now this didn't ruin our trip, because we know bus service can be good or bad at any place at any time.

Parking was tricky while there, self parking was really full a lot of the time. That surprised me for the time of year we were there. Bell staff upon arrival were on our vehicle like vultures. Hubby dropped me off, we decided that if our room was ready we would park and take in our luggage (only had 2 suitcases, it was a short stay) and if not then we would be off to Wal-Mart for some groceries. They were overly helpful, almost in an annoying way. I had to tell the person 4x that we didn't need help getting our luggage out or bringing it up because if our room was ready we would go ahead and do it, if not then we were off to Wal-Mart. I guess they couldn't get this through their head.

I had my choice of a ground floor right then or I could wait for an upper floor, I opted to wait so we went off to Wal-Mart. By the end our our grocery shopping, our room was ready.

I really like the BW and may contemplate an add on there. I really like SSR too but both I like for totally different reasons. Kind of backwards but I would choose SSR for more park going days and BW for a more relaxing non park days. Crazy huh? But maybe we will see how hard the 7 month window is before we decide about an add-on.

Thanks for the report cobbler! How nice to get a BWview! We are staying at BW for the first time in just a few short weeks. We have only stayed at BCV so far.

It must be a michigander thing because I recently returned from the BWV and didn't miss going to the parks at all. We just enjoyed going to jellyrolls every night. One night Dsis and I sat on a bench on the boardwalk and watched the fireworks from the world showcase. We had room 2014 and even though it was a long walk from the lobby it was an easy walk from JR's every night. We would just come in the back door and almost be to our room.Of course getting to old ladies up the flight of stairs after a visit to JR's was a whole different story:rolleyes1 . Glad you had a nice relaxing stay. I'm also an SSR member but like to stay at BWV for non park stays. Susan

Parking was tricky while there, self parking was really full a lot of the time. That surprised me for the time of year we were there.

why did you self park? Valet is free to you. (besides the tip!!)

Just some general observations. First off the hallway, hokey pete can that hall be any longer?? It didn't make or break our trip, we were in room 4009 and there were only 4 rooms that were farther down from us. We were in the Crest of the Wave bldg, right next to the red wall. That obstructed our view a bit but not to horrible. The bldg needs power washed quite bad!! We were in a one bedroom with a BW view.

We were leaving BWV Friday morning . We stopped at the bakery and while we were on the boardwalk , they had a lift crane and POWER WASHING equipment. I was thinking that at 9 am , if they were at my windows/balcony making all that noise I wouldn't have been happy. I don't know if they were going to do the whole entire building but at least they were cleaning a part of it , so maybe they do it in rotation? :laundy: Location was above the bakery area.

We didn't valet because hubby likes to have control of the vehicle - who knows, he is quirky that way.

And for the power washing, yes they were doing some, over by the Wyland Galleries during our stay for a day or 2 but that was it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter