• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV Views your thoughts?

disneyfanbcv

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am a DVC Member, We stay at the Boardwalk every year as we are this year too. However I usually book the Boardwalk view. For the past few years when Jellyrolls and the dance club let out we are always wake from our sleep. In the past couple of years there have actually been security and police breaking up one thing or another. SO this year I booked the pool view! :confused3 I am hoping I will not regret it! yikes! I am going to miss watching the boardwalk, BUT will it be worth not getting up to a noisy crowd. Would appreciate any thoughts. I could wait list the view or should I just stay where I am over looking the pool. OH it's a two bedroom villa. THANKS!!!

We usually get boardwalk view and request high floor which diminishes the risks you mention. However, the times we have not had boardwalk view (particularly way back in the days when boardwalk view was simply a request not a bookling category) we had views in all three of the other preferred view areas for which you can make a request -- Luna Park, Quiet Pool and Activity Lawn (see http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931467). None were bad particularly if you get high floor, and our favorite of the group was Luna Park view mainly because you are usually closer to the elevators; for quiet, the quiet pool area was just that as not many actually use that pool. The activity lawn area (misnamed since there is no activity at all there) is right on the channel and the only real risk of noise is boat horns which do go off at times right in that area.

I also will be getting pool/garden again in Feb, a rare event these days, not because I did not want boardwalk view but because of Southwest Airlines. For a couple days earlier this month, Southwest dropped its fare for early Feb from Chicago to Orlando to $99 one way and we decided to go in Feb as a result and boardwalk view was already closed out.

I've never had a Boardwalk view, DBF hates the noise...we always reserve Garden/Pool View.

This trip we requested high floor in specific range of room numbers near elevator, and we ended up on a high floor not in the section we requested...but I expected that. Our walk from the elevators wasn't bad either.

I think our unit was 5040/5042. We had a beautiful view of the scary clown slide and Tower of Terror. It was the best view we've had a BWV!

I think the high floor request is key...otherwise you are just looking at trees! Best of luck!

I've always loved the boardwalk view but to save points this year I'm doing standard. I've been so pleased with my views. One room, 4111, we could see Illuminations. Loved it.

We LOVE the Boardwalk View. We've only stayed there, and we've gone 4 years in a row, and honestly, we would never stay anywhere BUT Boardwalk view. It's not loud at all really. We love being able to sit on balcony and watch Illuminations, and just people watch. Honestly, it's the music in the AM that I always notice. They play it early, and if you're an early riser, it's not an issue. It isn't something that will deter us from getting the Boardwalk view though. :) I'm sure this is a post that you either get Boardwalk view lovers, or haters! It's all in the eye of the beholder. Enjoy!!

We've had the Activity Lawn view, higher floor, several times (the last two at my request) and we love it. It's awesome to sit on the balcony and watch the boats travel the canal.....both early in the a.m. with a cup of coffee and in the evening with a glass of wine! However, be aware it is a long walk to the elevators, but, if you don't mind steps there is a stairwell which opens right to the pathway behind Jellyrolls which gives very quick access to catch the boats at the Swan/Dolphin. We've never heard any noise from Jellyrolls because the rooms are around the corner facing the canal. The stairwell is room key accessible from the outside. Unfortunately, even though we do love that view we haven't had good luck with housekeeping at BWV the last few times we stayed.....so have pretty much decided we won't be staying there in the future. Such a shame...because it really is great access to both HS and Epcot. But, our rooms really were not up to par...the last time it wasn't just a few things....it was downright dirty....so it's been close to 3 years since we've stayed there.

We've had the Activity Lawn view, higher floor, several times (the last two at my request) and we love it. It's awesome to sit on the balcony and watch the boats travel the canal.....both early in the a.m. with a cup of coffee and in the evening with a glass of wine! However, be aware it is a long walk to the elevators, but, if you don't mind steps there is a stairwell which opens right to the pathway behind Jellyrolls which gives very quick access to catch the boats at the Swan/Dolphin. We've never heard any noise from Jellyrolls because the rooms are around the corner facing the canal. The stairwell is room key accessible from the outside.

We just had this view but it was rooms 3004 and 3006, 2 doors from The Attic. The stairwell was right there for easy access to Swan&Dolphin which we went to quite often and the boardwalk.

Loved the view and would request it again but oh, that walk to and from the parking lot!!!

have you tried requesting near elevator?
as said, higher floors are also less noisy. if you make only those two requests, you have a better chance of not being near JRs.
we have gotten the same group of studios (x029 or x031 :love:- above BRG, near thimbles & threads) for years, and put in the just those requests. it seems that if you don't request something other than what you have gotten in the past, they assume that you are okay with that section.

personally, we can't give up BW view - sipping coffee as the sun brings the BW alive, wine as we watch the buskers and illuminations bursting over the eiffel tower, or just sitting on the balcony, soaking in all the beauty of the resort is what our dreams are made of :cloud9:

btw, we had 3008 (over the croquet lawn) 10/12-15 (lost BW view bc of hurricane sandy:guilty:), and used the stairwell by the attic to go to mini-golf & the dolphin. when going to the BW, DHS, BWV pools, or parking lot, we would walk (not far at all) to the stairwell we used when in 3029 - around a corner from the trash room. that stairwell leads out to luna park, and is a short walk to the BW itself.

if you love BW view, i would try o book i and just put in the requests. we haven't had noise problems with any BWV villa in years :)

have you tried requesting near elevator?
as said, higher floors are also less noisy. if you make only those two requests, you have a better chance of not being near JRs.
we have gotten the same group of studios (x029 or x031 :love:- above BRG, near thimbles & threads) for years, and put in the just those requests. it seems that if you don't request something other than what you have gotten in the past, they assume that you are okay with that section.

personally, we can't give up BW view - sipping coffee as the sun brings the BW alive, wine as we watch the buskers and illuminations bursting over the eiffel tower, or just sitting on the balcony, soaking in all the beauty of the resort is what our dreams are made of :cloud9:

btw, we had 3008 (over the croquet lawn) 10/12-15 (lost BW view bc of hurricane sandy:guilty:), and used the stairwell by the attic to go to mini-golf & the dolphin. when going to the BW, DHS, BWV pools, or parking lot, we would walk (not far at all) to the stairwell we used when in 3029 - around a corner from the trash room. that stairwell leads out to luna park, and is a short walk to the BW itself.

if you love BW view, i would try o book i and just put in the requests. we haven't had noise problems with any BWV villa in years :)

Laurie! Go back to my TR, I added another trip and I have a surprise just for you. :goodvibes

OP,

I would stick with your choice. It might be interesting to try another view. I know I want to. I've done a myriad of BWV stays, it's my home, but they've all been BW view or Standard.

Last trip, my family was booked into the courtyard view, mostly studios, and I thought it was fantastic.

So now I'm curious to give others a try. Once for you might be interesting.

Someone please show this slow girl on a map where this Activity Lawn view. A la which side of the pool view? Thanks.

Someone please show this slow girl on a map where this Activity Lawn view. A la which side of the pool view? Thanks.

Slow girl? Ha! I certainly can't keep up with you. Or does that mean I'm super slow?!? :scratchin

Here's Granny's wonderful BWV map:

BWVRoomViews.jpg

The activity lawn is the backwards L shaped red marked area furthest to the left so just off the end of the Boardwalk views. Very peaceful whenever we walk thru (ie, NO activity that I've ever seen!) and looks towards the Swan/Dolphin.

BTW - I've caught a bit of one of your more recent trip reports - awesome and loved the pics!! I don't hit the trip report board enough since they created it. :confused3

Most of the 2 bedrooms boardwalk view are on the end above Big River & near Jellyrolls. Not many near the elevators. The first part of the hallway near the elevators is actually pool/garden view.

We've had a Boardwalk View many times, either on the 4th or 5th floors and really haven't had a noise problem and I'm a very light sleeper.

Slow girl? Ha! I certainly can't keep up with you. Or does that mean I'm super slow?!? :scratchin

BWVRoomViews.jpg

The activity lawn is the red marked area furthest to the left so just off the end of the Boardwalk views. Very peaceful whenever we walk thru (ie, NO activity that I've ever seen!) and looks towards the Swan/Dolphin.

BTW - I've caught a bit of one of your more recent trip reports - awesome and loved the pics!! I don't hit the trip report board enough since they created it. :confused3

Well look - this slow girl couldn't even put together a coherent question about the Activity area. :rotfl2: Go back and look. And now you've pasted my nonsense and I can't even edit it. I would insert a word here but I love my time on the DIS. :rotfl2:

I agree. I loved when they were just on the other. :sad2: A lot more. I have to force myself to go over there. Alison and Ellen's TRs help.

I took a pile of pictures of the children off my TR this week. There were so many hits when it was on the second page. And since no one has written to date me :rotfl: or otherwise ;) - I got a little creeped out. ;) And probably a tad paranoid.

Thank you for the visual with the map. I needed that. I thought it might be there. I'm really excited to try other views. (No trips planned though :sad2:)

Thank you Kathy. I hope life is wonderful. :goodvibes Catch me up!

BWVRoomViews.jpg

The activity lawn is the backwards L shaped red marked area furthest to the left so just off the end of the Boardwalk views. Very peaceful whenever we walk thru (ie, NO activity that I've ever seen!) and looks towards the Swan/Dolphin.

Oh, I just realized what a perfect area this would be for the Molasses Boat. ;) I always get off at the Swan/Dolphin for the BW anyways, I can never remember which is which despite the huge statues as clues, so that would be perfect. You're right there. :thumbsup2

I need some BWV trips!

Oh, I just realized what a perfect area this would be for the Molasses Boat. ;) I always get off at the Swan/Dolphin for the BW anyways, I can never remember which is which despite the huge statues as clues, so that would be perfect. You're right there. :thumbsup2

I need some BWV trips!

well, now that you've got the visual, here's the "walk thru":
walking from the S/D, make a right to the DHS walkway (from the BW itself, make a left to the walkway after JR's & ADH).
pass the dumpster area on your left & viola! the activity/croquet lawn (there was an all-white event - didn't look like a wedding, just a party with food, decorations - there a few weeks ago).

and if anyone has not read lisa's TRs, i feel sorry for you (tsk;)) & would highly recommend you do so ASAP. the photos are amazing, and she is a great story-teller.
i'm just surprised she's not on the NY times top 10 yet :confused3

Well look - this slow girl couldn't even put together a coherent question about the Activity area. :rotfl2: Go back and look. And now you've pasted my nonsense and I can't even edit it. I would insert a word here but I love my time on the DIS. :rotfl2:

I agree. I loved when they were just on the other. :sad2: A lot more. I have to force myself to go over there. Alison and Ellen's TRs help.

I took a pile of pictures of the children off my TR this week. There were so many hits when it was on the second page. And since no one has written to date me :rotfl: or otherwise ;) - I got a little creeped out. ;) And probably a tad paranoid.

Thank you for the visual with the map. I needed that. I thought it might be there. I'm really excited to try other views. (No trips planned though :sad2:)

Thank you Kathy. I hope life is wonderful. :goodvibes Catch me up!

Hee hee - sorry about that Lisa! Strange on the hits - maybe me stalking the thread but not posting? :scared: I'm woefully ignorant of all those types of things and what might be going on. :confused3

Things are good and I snuck in a quick trip a couple of weeks ago - have contemplated a little trip report but that's usually about as far as I get - contemplating it! :rotfl:

well, now that you've got the visual, here's the "walk thru":
walking from the S/D, make a right to the DHS walkway (from the BW itself, make a left to the walkway after JR's & ADH).
pass the dumpster area on your left & viola! the activity/croquet lawn (there was an all-white event - didn't look like a wedding, just a party with food, decorations - there a few weeks ago).

and if anyone has not read lisa's TRs, i feel sorry for you (tsk;)) & would highly recommend you do so ASAP. the photos are amazing, and she is a great story-teller.
i'm just surprised she's not on the NY times top 10 yet :confused3

I know, eh? I saw one of those party set ups on my last trip. I get so curious. I call it curious. It just might be nosy. :goodvibes popcorn::

As for the TRs - thank you. But this last one was simply pictures with me then rambling excessively at the end. So not the best.

THE BEST was that Christmas/NYC/Boardwalk Brownie one, Laurie. TRs are never about the writer as much as the interaction. And that one was like a party with you all. I've actually gone back to look at it once or twice it's so funny - some of the comments from other DISers. Especially Nemo, still kills me. ANd so ridiculously dramatic - someone hurt me badly just as I started.

And I didn't say so on the TR at the time. But I finished up about ten hours before a major surgery. I remember sitting in a hotel the night before thinking "I'm getting this SUCKER DONE is it kills me". It was beyond a lovely distraction.

This one - http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2626545

Hee hee - sorry about that Lisa! Strange on the hits - maybe me stalking the thread but not posting? :scared: I'm woefully ignorant of all those types of things and what might be going on. :confused3

Things are good and I snuck in a quick trip a couple of weeks ago - have contemplated a little trip report but that's usually about as far as I get - contemplating it! :rotfl:

DO IT, Kathy! Pretty please. Do pictures only then. :love:

I have no trips planned. And I'm putting those pictures back up - they were too beautiful of them. I was probably being paranoid anyway.

OP, my apologies for babbling all over your thread. Rude of me. However, I did want to say that your thread has made me long to get to BWV as much as I can and try more views instead of sticking with BW view and Standard each and every year.

So thank you. :goodvibes

If you do not want noise I would request a Garden View - the pool can be loud and that clown is scarey at night- lol. We really enjoyed the garden view looking at the Swan/Dolphin resort and waterway. It was nice at night watching the families walking back from Hollywood Studios- or even Running back in the rain. The boats going by was also nice and relaxing- my kids loved watching them.

I have been happy with my standard view on a high floor, quiet but I could see Illuminations fireworks from my balcony. Less points, and quiet unless you get the room above the magic express cages :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter