Bypassing Housekeeping

mickeyforpresident

DIS Veteran
We're staying at POFQ in a few weeks time. Does anyone know if there is truth in the rumours that you now get an option of not having housekeeping and instead can receive $20 dollars a day........

Would have like to have done this at a Pop Century this week then some of my stuff wouldn’t have gone missing!

We head over to POFQ in just under 3 weeks time and will post what happens for us once we get there. Some people are saying you have to request this when you check in. Also the figure people are quoting at the moment is $10 a day for your length of stay less one night. e.g. We're going for 5 nights. We arrive on a Friday so would only need our room serviced on the Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday mornings before we check out on the Wednesday morning so 4 nights. I have also read suggestions that it won't be offered over the holiday period.

Mrs TT

I would love this, we hardly ever get house keeping where ever we go, hard to see how this is cost effective compared to the money they pay house keepers.

We recently came back from CSR and did not get offered anything when we checked in at desk but on a facebook group we are on for CSR someone got offered it 3-4 days after we checked in. It seems to be a lottery of who you get on the front desk when you check in

I just came back from POR last week and they didn’t offer us anything like that at check in so I would assume it’s the same as POFQ.
Perhaps they would offer during busy periods though.. It was pretty quiet when we were there so housekeeping may not have been too busy.

we were in POFQ first two weeks of December. We opted out of housekeeping as we prefer to make our own beds. You can call housekeeping at any time to request fresh towels, coffee that sort of thing easily.

Checked in to POFQ on Friday for 5 nights and weren't offered anything. Just off several flights so didn't think to ask!

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!