Cabana at Aquatica??

luckycharliegirl

Mouseketeer
Is paying for a cabana at Aquatica worth it? I've watched some videos to see what the lounge chair situation is like but what I see are lounge chairs on the walkways' sides.
It's just me and my husband going one day around May 1st and wondering if grabbing lounge chairs first is a good idea (with the idea to probably switch areas later in the day, variety, ya know?) Or getting a cabana so we have a quieter space (quieter than a walkway area).
Your opinion?? TIA

It really depends on how you plan to use the park - if it just the two of you and you plan to be on the move most of the day, then I would say not - I find it works best as a meeting place for "larger" groups especially when members of the group have different interests.

Good things to think about! Thanks. I think I will get one. One more question. Do they get booked fast/ How late am I able to get one? (first week of May)

We LOVE the Aquatica cabanas. We find them to be a fabulous value: in fact, so much so that we've never been to Aquatica without one.

In addition to your private space, you'll get a large locker (inside your cabana and away from the hullaballoo of the general locker areas), a fridge stocked with 12 bottles of Dasani water, rental towels, and a 20% discount on all your park purchases (dining excluded, but including photos) for that day. The cabana has two loungers, two chairs, a ceiling fan, and a side table.

Here are some photos from our Roa's Rapids cabana that we rented in October. We paid about $55 for the day. You CANNOT beat it!

45119632_10157137053951416_5945025479797899264_n.jpg

45011683_10157137053861416_5272384492588236800_n.jpg

And this was the view from the rear of our cabana:

44967124_10157137054011416_5629974969912918016_n.jpg

How soon you should book depends on WHEN you will be going in May. Is it after the southern kids are out of school for the summer? Or a weekend? If so, then the park will be much busier and you will need to book earlier. If its a weekday early in the month, then you'll have more time.

Normally I'd say no way! But that's based on pricing at our local park, Water Country USA, which is a sister park of Aquatica. WC is only open in the summer, so pretty much every day is peak season, and the cabanas start around $150.

Gina, Bo Bina, I can't believe you got that for $55!! Wow, total steal!! So, I'm revising my opinion. OP, if you can get a great deal, go for it!

So MAD! Just went to book the cabana and the price went from $60 to $160!! So no cabana for us. I am trying to look for lounger price but can't find them, so I assume sold out.

So, if you're ever planning to get a cabana book as early as possible!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!