Cabana Bay, Adventura or somewhere else?

ozliz

DIS Veteran
I’ll probably be arriving in Orlando a few days early because flights are cheaper. Before heading over to WDW I’m keen to check out Volcano Bay and maybe do some shopping at the premium outlets. If I go to the universal parks it would just be for a Halloween horror night and not to do the full parks. Where would you stay (no kids and no car)?

Last time I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel which was great for the express passes but I don’t need that if I’m not doing the main universal parks and also arriving late the first night. The cheapest rooms at Cabana Bay and Adventura are close enough in price that I would happily stay at either - but in their cheapest available room options. Which is better or should I look at somewhere else as some of he non-resort hotels may be a better deal?

Might be easier just to book one of the onsite value hotels

If you only plan to hit Vbay and one night of hhn, stay onsite and use their transportation for the short time period

Could be a time saver for you as if you booked a room near UO, you would have more travel time to the parks

Cabana Bay is definitely an easy walk to Volcano Bay, and quick shuttle service to the parks.

Although if it's purely budget you could opt for the new Endless Summer resort, it should be a quick trip to get to VB as well. Really all properties are close by, it's not like WDW where you could spend a good chunk of your time simply travelling. Everything is well under 10 minutes.

Thanks. I’m leaning towards Cabana Bay because their pool area looks good and I like the idea of walking to the water park.

Surprisingly, the rates I’m getting for the new endless summer resort are not cheaper than Cabana Bay or Adventura but to me it looks like the advertising is putting it in the cheapest category.

If you stay onsite, you can pool hop to any of the hotels

Cbay does have a great pool/lazy river set up!

I'd for sure pick CB for the various reasons mentioned:
  • It's literally next to/attached to VB, so the absolute fastest walks to VB
  • It's pools are my favourite among all of the on-site resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter