Cabana question not answered by doing a search?

mhelsley

DIS Veteran
Well i did it again, i changed our Universal plans for the third time(DH is hoping this is the final time). I got a crazy idea to do a search on the cabanas at the HRH and thats what started it(also HRH was my first choice). So now we will be at the HRH instead of RPR and have cabana#2 for the Fri. dive in movie. IS this a good location for the movie any help from past users of cabana#2. When i booked this i forgot to ask about what sodas were included and what brand of water they provided(i'm a water snob) can anyone help? I need diet drinks for DH? My DH thinks this is great idea,a day of R&R but he has his doubts that i'll be able to just sit there as i'm a real park trooper and i don't stop for nothing,it'll be a challange but i did promise him some down time in exchange for more days in our WDW/Universal trip. Well if you see someone chained to cabana 2 stop by and say hello and thanks for the help with the questions above.

The water recently has been Zephyrills. We requested diet soda and they had diet coke in the cabana. We stayed in cabana #2 and it was a great location. It is one of the best for the dive in movie and close to the beach bar but far from the kiddie pool if that matters.

I would call when you check in and request the drinks you would like. Have a great trip!

This is a great location! We were their last weekend and #2 is great in many ways. #1 is maybe better for the movie by just a littlle bit, BUT is not better in many other ways... ie it is near a walkway.

Have a great time.

Bob

Hey Bob can you give more details on why #1 might be better. I would also like a list of what you feel are the pros and cons of each. I still have time to change to cabana 1 if what you say makes a difference in my choice. Thanks

Hi there..

I was just at Hard Rock and had cabana #2 on the dive in movie night.

It is a great view of the movie screen from your cabana. There is a tree in front of you and the trunk blocks the view from the left side of you cabana.. but it was no problem as we just sat on the right side....

The water was "Hard Rock H20" it is their own brand, with a black label that has the company logo and H20. I am not sure where they get it from.

Every day there was 2 bottles of Hard Rock water, 2 cans of coke, 2 cans of sprite and 2 cans of diet coke.

There was also a fruit bowl with 2 apples, 1 orange, 4 or 5 big strawberries, a bunch of purple grapes and a banana.

Hope this helps

>>^..^<<

Thinking about PBH next summer. What are dive in movies. Can anyone book a cabana. When are the movies? What else besides a room should I book ahead? Thank you so much.

Hi,

Dive in movies are movies played on a large outdoor screen poolside. At Hard Rock they play them Friday and Sunday and the week I was there the movies were Jimmy Neutron and Back to the Future.

It is fun, everyone is swimming and watching the movie or sitting around the pool.

Cabanas can be booked by hotel guests.. full days or half days (no half days on the weekend) you don't need a cabana to see the dive in movie...

Nothing I can really think of to book in advance of your arrival... have a great trip

>>^..^<<

Cabanas are great for resting and for staying out of the heat and still enjoying everything the pool area has to offer. Can't wait to rent mine.

Assuming we book PBH what nights are the movies and which number cabana is best. Also, how much does a cabana rental cost? Thanks ahead.

#1 cabana gives you a better view of the screen, because you don't have the big tree (when your there you will understand) in front of you. BUT #1 has a lot of traffic not only in front, but on one side. #2 just has the traffic in front.

Bob

Bob if you were to have a choice which would you pick? We will most likely be floating in the pool for the movie and it sound like from another post listed that the view would be fine as long as we sat on one side of the cabana. I also like the idea of being away from the crowd. So all of you help me choose?

I would take #2 again! We loved where it was, and as far as the movie is concerned... we only watched a little of it, and we had no problem with the view. If #2 was gone, then I would take #1 as a backup.

Have a great time.

Bob

Hi.. I would pick Cabana #2 as well.... it is more private.

Cabana #1 is at the end and there are lots of people walking along the side of it.. on their way to the bar ;)

>>^..^<<

Thanks for your help i'm keeping cabana#2 as i like the idea of it being more private and i really don't need a clear viewof the pool as we don't have any kids to watch. Here's to keeping my fingers crossed for good weather on that day in Dec. as i really want this more for my DH than myself.

if they have movies in Dec.... I thought they were only during the summer months. Not that that would detract from getting a cabana, I'm just not sure about the movie.

Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter