Cabanas lunch menu cuisine rotation for 7 day cruises?

I asked about this a while ago but didn't get a response. It used to be that every day in the Personal Navigator, there used to be a section where the "theme" of the lunch buffet was listed. I heard they cut back on the length of what the Personal Navigators format was, so I didn't hear back on if the lunch buffet theme was listed or not.

I think I read in a recent trip report that the Wonder had Taco Tuesdays and had mexican themed food in Cabanas

Depends on ports etc. for example last year on Jamaica day was jerk chicken and other jamaican stuff, if in Mexico will be mainly tacos, etc. although I have been in the Caribbean on Pirates night and they had a taco bar. So it kind of depends.

i just got off 7 nights fantasy 2 weeks ago, i dont recall having taco tuesdays or mexican theme

I can't tell you all the menus but my favorite was the German fare on Rapunzel day. I loved the desserts every day at lunch but that day everything was so good!

I can't tell you all the menus but my favorite was the German fare on Rapunzel day. I loved the desserts every day at lunch but that day everything was so good!
The German fare has been one of my favorites too -- I was hoping to figure out the schedule so I could plan around it.

I never realized there was any "theme" at all to Cabanas' buffet meals. :confused3

With the "old" Navigator style, every day they would post the buffet theme (Steakhouse, Italian, Mexican, etc). I looked at a newer abbreviated one, and it wasn't on there.

With the "old" Navigator style, every day they would post the buffet theme (Steakhouse, Italian, Mexican, etc). I looked at a newer abbreviated one, and it wasn't on there.

Oh really? They took it off? I wonder if its on the app as somebody else mentioned. I had family members that would see that and then decide whether to just grab a burger or pizza by the pool. Although it was usually pretty easy to figure it out just by looking at the names of the first couple main dishes.

Interesting. I never noticed. I'll have to see if I have any of the nice Navigators left.

Oh really? They took it off? I wonder if its on the app as somebody else mentioned. I had family members that would see that and then decide whether to just grab a burger or pizza by the pool. Although it was usually pretty easy to figure it out just by looking at the names of the first couple main dishes.

There always used to be signage of some sort, at least on the Classic ships (I can't remember right now what was on the Dream class), of the buffet theme. Would make sense to be in the app if indeed they removed it from the paper Navigators. If memory serves, the theme (Italian, TexMex, Tropical, Steakhouse, Seafood, Colonial) was only listed on the buffet of the Classic ships. Maybe there is no theme on the Dream class?

There always used to be signage of some sort, at least on the Classic ships (I can't remember right now what was on the Dream class), of the buffet theme. Would make sense to be in the app if indeed they removed it from the paper Navigators. If memory serves, the theme (Italian, TexMex, Tropical, Steakhouse, Seafood, Colonial) was only listed on the buffet of the Classic ships. Maybe there is no theme on the Dream class?

That would explain why I had no clue this theme thing existed. I have only done Dream Class until Feb.

And on the Magic in Feb other than embarkation day we didn't eat lunch at Cabanas - we were ashore in Key West and Castaway and did Palo brunch on the sea day.

Last edited:
I understand the ecology reasons for making a smaller navigator but I absolutely do not want to use my phone during vacation. I don't like companies pushing apps. How about having a place to choose before the cruise which form of the navigator you'd like? And talk about upcharging, I'd happily pay $1 a day to get the full one if it's a financial thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts