Cafeen's Online ADR Tutorial

Hmmm I retrieved my reservation and it pulled it up, we are 136 days out and have the dlxdp but it will not let me just do the credit card hold wants me to pay in full for CRT.

Anyone else have this problem?
I personally haven't seen that, but I know others have experienced similar issues. I would suggest calling Disney Dining and doing it through there. Alternatively, if you can swing it, you can pay now and then get refunded during the trip.

The website is not know for stability or consistency :( (And I'd really like to have more than a few words with the product management, qa management, and lead developers on the site :p)

Nice job! I booked this morning for our upcoming Nov trip. I am not a big fan of the WDW site either, but they have made a lot of improvements since booking online last year.

I wanted to let you know that I was able to book dining online at 6am for 5A 5C and didn't have to call the group line at 7am for parties of 10 or more. I got my confirmations and can pull up the info under My Vacation tab. I'm curious to see if anyone else tried this.

Quick question.....I thought if something was in your cart, it was on hold for you until you checked out or your session timed out whichever comes first. I saw a post today that makes me think I may not understand that correctly. The person said they had 5 things in their cart, but only one went through because they hadn't checked out before other people got them. Now I'm confused.

We're trying for some high demand places. Do I have to place each one in my cart and finish it, log out and back in to make sure I get each of them?

Quick question.....I thought if something was in your cart, it was on hold for you until you checked out or your session timed out whichever comes first. I saw a post today that makes me think I may not understand that correctly. The person said they had 5 things in their cart, but only one went through because they hadn't checked out before other people got them. Now I'm confused.

We're trying for some high demand places. Do I have to place each one in my cart and finish it, log out and back in to make sure I get each of them?
They way it's "supposed" to work is that you place items in your cart, they are "yours" until either of the following is true:

• Session Timeout occurs - This happens with the 20 minutes of inactivity on the site
  • What I call the "Cart Timeout" occurs - This happens when the item has been in your cart for 2 hours (though still active in the site). I am not entirely sure how this works though, if it clears the whole cart at the 2 hour mark, or if each item is given its own individual timer.
  • You check out - Well, then they're still yours :p, but they won't be in the cart anymore.
Now, that's not to say that what the person saw doesn't happen. It's just not meant to be that way, but the system is not bug free (heck, I don't think even my company would have even released it in the state it originally was in). I typically recommend that you break them up into batches, don't need to relog or anything, but click the "check out" after every 3-5 (especially the high demand ones).

There could be a few explanations for what that poster saw, but without having been there (or being privvy to the data/code), I have no idea. The site can get pretty quirky though.

Thanks for this. This as well as your spreadsheet are very helpful.

One question - I put in the resort reservation to associate all the ADRS with it, and we are going down for free dining, yet, it doesn't show the text under the prices that say we can use our disney dining plan as fulfillment for payment of this meal. Any idea why not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter