California Grill-Brunch at the Top

eastendlights

DIS Veteran
Has anyone gone in the last month or so? I read many outstanding reviews of the brunch from over the summer and fall but noticed that towards the end of the year some aspects were changing-no bread service (even though it is still listed on the official menu) and only one entree per person. I'd like to know if these changes are still in effect, have there been any others and how long the meal took. I have an ADR for next month. Thanks!

From what I've read, the bread/rolls are now available at the buffet. Trust me, you won't want more than 1 entree. We ate there last November and there was tons of food to try even without the entree. We thought it was worth it to try at least once. Again? Not sure due to the price.

We were only able to choose one entree when we went in November. I was a little bummed because Narcoossee's had let me do half portions of two different things so I could try them. I thought they would allow it. Oh well. There's still plenty of food.

Sad to hear about these changes. We went in July and so loved it. Great balance between self serv and table service.

It was nice and relaxing being brought the bread service to enjoy while settling in. Not the same experience being included with self serve items.

And yes it is a lot of food but it was very enjoyable being able to split the pancakes and bacon as a "side" with our entrées.

Having four distinct courses felt elegant, indulgent, relaxing, and worth the hefty price tag.

Hope it changes back.

Sad to hear about these changes. We went in July and so loved it. Great balance between self serv and table service.

It was nice and relaxing being brought the bread service to enjoy while settling in. Not the same experience being included with self serve items.

And yes it is a lot of food but it was very enjoyable being able to split the pancakes and bacon as a "side" with our entrées.

Having four distinct courses felt elegant, indulgent, relaxing, and worth the hefty price tag.

Hope it changes back.

Yes, it is not that we could eat more than one entree each but nice to know you could order half portions of different items to try. We will still go as we love to try new dining experiences and we just missed this on our trip last year, but it is disappointing to read the initial stellar reviews and then learn that the brunch has been diminished somewhat.

:( One of the reasons I wanted to do the Cali Grill brunch was because of the "unlimited" aspect. It just feels so indulgent to be able to order as many as we like (especially since we like to try everything). Now I am wondering if I should switch to the Narcoossee brunch. Anxious to read more reviews.

We went a couple weeks ago. The breads are all available on the buffet, they are no longer brought to the table. Everything, as far as we understood, was unlimited, including entrees. Our waiter specifically told us we were welcome to try more than one entree, although we were so full from all the awesome buffet options we didn't. You can also ask for additional dessert tray items, too. Mimosas are bottomless. Bloody Marys are an additional charge. It was a great experience overall. We would return.

I like what they did with the bread offerings.....

We were there in 11-2016. First time. Being 64? I just kept going down the buffet line - right into the rolls. A kind CM explained that they would bring these to the table :).
If one now needs to pick these up? I see this as a logistical improvement.... far less confusing, and you can grab what you like.

We ate here in Oct and Dec of last year. I'm October they brought the bread, in December, we got our own. I preferred getting my own. A) there's limited space on the table. B) we didn't care at all for the gluten free scones, most tables around us were untouched too. C) I can now get as many of those apple caramel muffins as I want!!!! I asked for 1 pumpkin pancake in addition to our meal and it wasn't a problem. That was in October and December. Both times were wonderful and I really want to go back but we're going to try Narcoossees for Easter brunch instead. I really hope it's as good.

We ate here in Oct and Dec of last year. I'm October they brought the bread, in December, we got our own. I preferred getting my own. A) there's limited space on the table. B) we didn't care at all for the gluten free scones, most tables around us were untouched too. C) I can now get as many of those apple caramel muffins as I want!!!! I asked for 1 pumpkin pancake in addition to our meal and it wasn't a problem. That was in October and December. Both times were wonderful and I really want to go back but we're going to try Narcoossees for Easter brunch instead. I really hope it's as good.

Thanks for your report!

Please do report back after your Easter brunch to let us all know what you thought! There aren't a lot of reviews for Cali Grill brunch - but even less for Narcoossee's version! I'd love to hear more comparisons between the 2.

I was there on Christmas day. It was a favorite from our trip. We definitely plan to return. The food and service were outstanding.
It was convenient to get the bread we wanted from the buffet. My only negative was I wanted blueberry pancakes, but they had pumpkin at the time.
My photos are posted here.

I read in a past thread that tip is included in the $80 per person if paying with a TIW card. Is this true?

We had Sunday Brunch for the first time on Sunday, November 6, and it was amazing, wonderful, delicious, and worth every penny! We asked if we could order an extra entree, and were told yes, although it did seem the server hesitated a bit before answering. There were three of us, and we ordered two extra entrees to share between us. I don't have photos of all our entrees, as I didn't want to be obnoxious and ask my friend if I could photograph her plates, LOL, but I do have pics of mine & my husband's. I seriously can't wait to do this again. I hope it doesn't go away. Even if they stop allowing extra entrees, it's still worth it, in my opinion. I'll add more photos in next post. I'm afraid they all won't fit on this post.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Wow, thanks for those photos! Did you order eggs benedict on potatoes instead of on an English muffin? I love eggs benedict, but never seem to eat the muffin!

Teresa, thanks for this. I have a reservation for this for April 30th and was umm-ing and ahhh-ing about keeping it, but your photos make me realise that I'd regret it if I got rid, so it's in to stay.. :)

Wow, thanks for those photos! Did you order eggs benedict on potatoes instead of on an English muffin? I love eggs benedict, but never seem to eat the muffin!

You're welcome! That was my husband's plate, and I couldn't remember if he specifically requested them this way. He always gets his eggs with potatoes if he can, no matter where we go for breakfast. I went to Allears, and apparently that's how the dish comes, but you can also get it the traditional way.

"Poached Lobster Benedict - with Butter-Poached Tail, Two Soft-Poached Eggs, Honey Ham, Yuzu Hollandaise, Marble Potato Hash. Additionally available as regular Eggs Benedict or with Smoked Salmon."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!