called cruiselineformal and 2 local rental places - no luck -- Updated

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
All say DH needs to get measured for his coat size! Especially since the waist size is larger than the chest size. DH refuses. Says he did enough getting his birth certificate!

Well then don't rent him a tux. All tux rental places do require that you get measured, so if he's not willing to do that I guess he doesn't get a tux...

ahh so I take DS10.5 to formal & semi-formal nights and myself to Palos?

There's hope yet guys - DH just picked up DS at the library (bus lets him off here after school since noone is home) and I gave DH the tux rental forms. Told him I need his coat size or he's out of luck. He asked when we needed it by and I told him 2 wks (I think Disney may be 1 week?)

Barb,
Then just rent his tux and when it doesn't fit you can just shrug your shoulders.
As for Palo....sometimes there are people going on the trip with their grandkids or sister....maybe the first couple days if you meet a nice lady ( I'd say or guy but I now that wouldn't go over well in my house!) that doesn't have anyone to go with you could go together? I wonder if they ever get any requests by travelers to pair them up with someone for dinner because they do not want to eat alone. I'm sure you are not the first person this has happen to! :) Keep Smiling! Its almost here!!!!!

Does he own a jacket you can pack? Or a suit? I would just pack those and not worry about the tux, he could wear either on formal night or at Palo and be fine.

My belief is you can only give someone as much assistance as they are willing to take. :) Don't let your enjoyment of the cruise rest on what he is or is not willing to wear. If you're always worried about being sure everyone else is happy sometimes you forget that your own happiness is important too. :)

You do have stubborn family members.

If they simply will not, down right refuse to cooperate, and you don't have anything they already own that would work (nice suit with tie for DH, nice pants- shirt and vest for DS) just skip those nights and do room service or the buffet place up top. I know it's not what you want to do but it would be in poor taste for them to show up in super casual clothes while everyone else looks nice. Would be like walking into the President's Innagural Ball in shorts and a tank top, AIN'T HAPPENING!

When they see everyone else having a great time and all dressed up, they'll be the ones regreting their decisions. I seriously say go without them to dinner. They can have hot dogs in the room if they feel the way they do. I'm sure your table mates will make sure you have a great time irregardless.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.:(

No he doesnt own a suit that fits! Is there anyway to measure the suit coat he already has and just order a larger one? There was no size in the sleeve, collar, etc. He did try 2 suits on that he has outgrown and there is no way! I dont think he's been in a suit since his dad died 6yrs ago!
I attached a note to the tux order form and will leave it on his dresser - let him decide what to do with it. He had his brother take his other measurements last week. I wasnt getting involved in case the size was wrong. Maybe I'll ask him what I should do about the coat size. Is there a trick to coat size? At least as big as the biggest measurement whether it's chest or waist?
And you're right - if he doesnt rent (or buy a suit) it's his loss - Im still gonna have a great time! And if I eat at Palos myself so be it.

Good greif is RIGHT! Wow not trying to be mean hear cuz I feel for ya! First he says hes not going then he is, now he refuses to wear a tux.....does he like stressing you out or WHAT?!
If he were my husband I'd leave him HOME!
Sorry not trying to sound mean,but I would. I'll go with you!:Pinkbounc

I'm with 4crusinransiers - Good Grief!

I don't know what more you can do. He agreed (begrudgingly) to go with you, maybe you have to (begrudgingly) give up on some of the dress up stuff? Maybe that's the compromise that would work? Otherwise he is going to wear you down to your last nerve.

Not that I want anypart of this one but...
Chest size on a man determines the coat size. It is a simple around the chest measurement in inches. I am a 46. I'd say I am about average, not thin not fat but hey I admit I have the over 40 beer thing happening OK. Then you need to know is he a short medium or tall person. If he is under 5'8 I'd say short. Over six feet, I'd say tall, in between, you have it figured out. The coats go by S for short R for regular or L long for tall. Waist size is a no brainer, then you need inseam for pant length. It is that simple.

Good luck,

The tux rental place sounded like they wanted to try to work with me. However, when I told them the waist size is larger than the chest size they had a problem. Said he's not a regular size tux. Guess DH is a little Pooh sized!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter