Calling all Sea World veterans....

CatOne

Mouseketeer
We are going to be in Orlando the first week of Dec. doing Sea World and WDW. Can anyone tell me what the crowds are usually like on Saturdays at Sea World? Also, do they decorate the park with a Christmas theme or do anything special this time of year? AND, last, can anyone give me a strategy for this time of year, what time to arrive, what to see first, etc. Thank you so much for ANY help!!

CatOne:confused:

The first week of December is a pretty quiet period. Saturdays are generally the most crowded days for Sea World. However, crowded for Sea World is about 1/4 of the crowd for the Magic Kingdom. Even on its most crowded days, Sea World will seem quiet compared to the big boys in Orlando.

I will check on holiday events.

It's the same story no matter when you go. The park usually opens at 9am.

Be at the gate 15 minutes before 9am, they let you in to the first part, Go left to the ropes, national anthem plays at 9am, ropes drop. Walk quickly to the back of the park. Go on Kraken and JTA, in the afternoon, these rides have a 1 hour wait. Next go see the dolphin show, then the Clyde and Seamore show. It really doesn't matter what order you do things after that, as long as you get to each show 20 minutes before it starts.
There is a simulator ride near the front of the park leading to the polar bear exhibit. Skip the ride and do the terrain walk thru which will take you right to the polar bears. The ride usually has a long wait and is the kind of simulator that makes people sick.
Go feed the dolphins in the afternoon, feeding times are 2pm, 3pm and 5pm. Get in line before the fish food window opens and buy a few cups, they're $4 each.

WOW!! Thank you both very much!! That is just what I was looking for. I have two more questions for you, are there any guides for Sea World I should take a look at before we hit the park? (I actually have a map from May but we didn't really get do anything because we were so limited for time that day.) And do you have any food recommendations from personal experience? I know it is mostly counter service but I believe I read about one sit down, is it worth it or should we grab a quick lunch?

Thanks again!!!

CatOne

We ate at the Bimini Bay Cafe. It is a sit down restaurant and was quite good. Pick up a map when you enter the park. It lists all the show times so you can plan out your day. DEFINITELY go right back to Kraken (if you like roller coasters) right away and ride it several times before it gets crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter