• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cameras

lizzie c

Earning My Ears
First timer - only 5 weeks to wait now! I want to buy a new camera to record everything, can anyone tell me if it's worth waiting and buying one when we get to Orlando?

:Pinkbounc

Lizzie, I can't actually help with your question, but did just want to welcome you to the DIS :wave:

Feel free to post away with any other questions you might have :D

Penny :D

Welcome!

I would probably buy one here, just because you don't want to be trailing off to Walmart trying to find a camera on the first day of your trip, and you don't want to miss out on any pictures before you get a chance to buy one.

What kind of camera are you looking for? I've just bought a new Olympus which I am really pleased with.

Bev

I don't think that prices in Orlando are that much cheaper than you can get from a good mail order company in this country. You might save a few quid, but in return you might have extra hassle if you ever need to claim on the warranty. As Bev said, do you really want to waste precious holiday time searching out the camera that's right for you?

Regards

Rob

Buy here and try it out first. Shoot a roll of film (or equivalent if you are going digital) to make sure it works and to get to know how to drive it.

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking of a compact APS, but it's probably better not to waste valuable holiday time!!

Lizzie

PS This message board is wonderful - I've picked up so much useful information, and everyone is so helpful.......

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter