Campsite Halloween decor for 2020

cosmicdaisy

Mouseketeer
Hello guys! We are camping at the Fort and checking in on Sept 30. This is only our second time camping as we usually stay in the cabins, but camped last summer and fell. in. love with camping!

I have some questions regarding decorating for Halloween. I have researched this board and the mom planning disney site and youtube and anywhere I could find to learn more about decorating your campsite. This will be our first time ever staying at the fort in the fall as well as camping in general during a holiday season. Here are my questions:

Do you think Covid will affect decorating either in decorating at all or earlier decorating at the beginning of October like I've read is the norm?

We are pretty macabre halloween people. Think old baby dolls, candles, lace, lots of black, crows, rats, bones, etc. I read during my research that "blood and guts" should be avoided for decorating. However, I also saw a youtube video from a few years ago in the middle of October no less with two cute school girls that then almost get their necks sliced lol. Sooooo does pretty much anything go, within reason?

Basically, the root of my questions are because I don't want to waste money needlessly. I am totally fine spending $40 on scary baby dolls on sticks and figuring out how to transport these things because of all the years we decided to fly this time around. I just want to know do decorations really run the gamut before I get too excited over creepy dolls maybe standing around a cauldron of human bones like their making gingerbread hag soup.

"Kid friendly" is latest rules as they have been put to me. No gore is allowed anymore.

Folks will decorate as usual, covid or no covid but won't be as many i fear simply due to decreased attendance.

I like inflatable decorations myself, but there are those on here who consider those to be "cheating".

I would keep it toned down. I do have scarry stuff at home but we did simple and festive. And there wasnt a lot of room in the camper to bring my stuff with me. Have fun with it but remember its disney. And i will bet no trick or treating >:( so , more old school Halloween, think home made oufits and an occational eye ball in my drink rather then mike myers halloween, where i get the eyeball attached to a severed head in my drink.

"Kid friendly" is latest rules as they have been put to me. No gore is allowed anymore.

Folks will decorate as usual, covid or no covid but won't be as many i fear simply due to decreased attendance.

Kid Friendly for sure; after all, we are talking about Disney World where Dreams Come True. Think of your probable audience, little kids and Seniors (like DW & me) who couldn't survive a heart-stopping scare. Think Disney Channel and Disney Junior level decorations.

I've been checking everyday for weeks now and still see ALL campsites NOT available for the weeks prior to and immediately after Halloween 2020. Either most campers are waiting to cancel, or they are willing to do whatever it takes to enjoy their planned vacation regardless.

The end of this thread i posted some pictures from last years sites. https://www.disboards.com/threads/non-park-days-non-park-trip.3810032/page-2#post-62262994

thank you for the link! I loved the one with all the glow sticks. I’ve really got to get my thinking cap on. My kids are older and as they’ve grown, Halloween decor has grown with them. Plus my daughter is just as macabre as I am so that helps lol. Last year I had old, large, jacked up stuffed animals like you win at the fair sitting out in kids rockers in the front yard. You know, arm halfway turn off, maybe missing a glassy eye. Nothing major just kinda spooky. Inside we had a giant baby doll in an old carriage. Very much like Toy Story 3. That doll was creep city lol.

20161007_184333.jpg

At home i usally do stuff like this. I did have carnivores pumpkins eating doll parts one year. Neibours actually complaned.

I actually was thinking of a super-sized Covid 19 virus "ball" consuming doll parts, but DW said that might hit too close to home for some.

I actually was thinking of a super-sized Covid 19 virus "ball" consuming doll parts, but DW said that might hit too close to home for some.
I’m wondering how many Covid style, contagion-esque Halloween scenes we might see this year. (Not at Disney, just in general) I do get what your wife is saying though.

. However, I also saw a youtube video from a few years ago in the middle of October no less with two cute school girls that then almost get their necks sliced lol.

I've never seen anything like that at the Fort. Not saying there isn't the occasional misfit, but I have only ever seen kid friendly nightmare-free decorations.

Think smiling pumpkins, not dead babies. 👻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter