Can a budget 2 weeks in Paris including DLP be done? Or am I crazy?

lynette j in la

Mouseketeer
Background - I am a teacher in the USA. I have all of June and July off. The last five years I have spent the summer in Copenhagen, Denmark. At first with my Danish Husband and daughter in the family apartment. Long story, but we are no longer married, so the last few years I have rented a small airbnb apartment in the suburbs for June and July and my young adult daughter and I took a DCL cruise for a week. My daughter gets a summer vacation from school for 5 weeks and some of them overlap while I am on holiday. There is no longer a reason to stay in Copenhagen all summer. Copenhagen is very expensive and I do love it, but I want to do more this year since we are not cruising this summer. I'll stay in Copenhagen in June while she is still in School.

So my crazy idea is to rent a Airbnb near DLP for at least 2 weeks in July, get us yearly passes and hang out in France. Go to DLP when we want, go to Paris or even a quick 1 or 2 day trip to London. I figure I am going to spend the same money, do it some where else!
Is this too late to plan?
I thought if we got year long passes in July they would still be good next summer and we could do a few more days after our Med Cruise in June. Two trips in one!

Background - I am a teacher in the USA. I have all of June and July off. The last five years I have spent the summer in Copenhagen, Denmark. At first with my Danish Husband and daughter in the family apartment. Long story, but we are no longer married, so the last few years I have rented a small airbnb apartment in the suburbs for June and July and my young adult daughter and I took a DCL cruise for a week. My daughter gets a summer vacation from school for 5 weeks and some of them overlap while I am on holiday. There is no longer a reason to stay in Copenhagen all summer. Copenhagen is very expensive and I do love it, but I want to do more this year since we are not cruising this summer. I'll stay in Copenhagen in June while she is still in School.

So my crazy idea is to rent a Airbnb near DLP for at least 2 weeks in July, get us yearly passes and hang out in France. Go to DLP when we want, go to Paris or even a quick 1 or 2 day trip to London. I figure I am going to spend the same money, do it some where else!
Is this too late to plan?
I thought if we got year long passes in July they would still be good next summer and we could do a few more days after our Med Cruise in June. Two trips in one!

I don't know if it's too late or not. If you do it, get a paris musuem pass! That saves a lot. Make meals at your airbnb when you can...so many lovely markets to shop at...

Oh this sound wonderful... There are a lot of rental sites, and I found out that sometime when you stay a longer period of time sometimes you can get a reduced price...We rent through home away for a house in North Carolina, It was a huge house,and we had family coming and going and we wanted just a few day of family time for just our family and then a few day for just DH and I.... We wanted it for 2 weeks, but it was really costly so when I approached the owner, I just asked if there was a reduce price for and longer length of stay.... he took off 600.00 - 300 for each week.... so I told my friend about it when she was ready to going to stay for a month in London for work, and she was going through VBRO, and the owner was willing to negotiate.. so she ended up staying 6 weeks, the last 2 weeks she took as vacation... All they can say is no..so it might be worth a try...

We are making our 1st trip in six week to Paris and DLP for 10 days, There is so much to see...its really overwhelming...But I have a list and some sort of start... to get a rough draft of things that we want to do...

Have a wonderful time.

European reporting. I've lived and worked in Paris 4 years, what would be your budget?

Because Paris is crazy expensive, the Métro is expensive, food is expensive, your morning coffee is expensive, and of course DLP is expensive. If you go for airbnbs and cook there, you may avoid the most expensive part, accomodation, but you will still shell out non-negligeable sums for food and transportation. If you mostly spend time sightseeing, taking pictures, and visiting museums (and Disneyland of course), you may stay within the limits of your budget.

If you want to still go 2 weeks to France and save money, I can recommend you to spend time in other cities close to Paris, such as Reims, Lille, or even to visit the small cities of Northern France. Saint-Quentin, Laon, Château-Thierry and Guise are quite nice, you will save lots of money on accomodation and food there, and train fares are quite decently prices. Plus, if I remember correctly, you can have direct train tickets from most big French cities to DLP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter