Can borrowed points be transfered?

rescuetink

DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! W
I have 52 points remaining for 2019 and I have booked a vacation with the remainder. We are taking a DCL vacation this year and I rented out my points to pay for the cruise. Can the remainder of my 2019 points be borrowed and transferred to another DVC member this year? Any help is appreciated!! :thanks:

No. Neither banked or borrowed points may be transferred. However, the recipient of the points may bank them ( but not borrow them).

You should be able to transfer your 2019 points once you are in your 2018 use year. No need to borrow them into 2018.

No. Neither banked or borrowed points may be transferred. However, the recipient of the points may bank them ( but not borrow them).

You should be able to transfer your 2019 points once you are in your 2018 use year. No need to borrow them into 2018.

Thanks for the response, but I'm very confused!! Sorry!! My use year is February, and I borrowed 144 from 2019 to make a reservation for someone. And I wanted to rent or transfer the remaining 52 points. If another DVC member needed them this year could I transfer them to another member before February 2019? These are my own points that I want to be able to transfer to another member if I couldn't rent them and another member needed them. Does that make sense? Thanks again!!

If they remaining points are still in the current use year, you could transfer those to another member. That member cannot borrow them, but they can bank them. The year must match. So if you are in your 2018 UY, you would have to transfer them into the other member's 2018 UY and they would need to use them for a 2018 reservation (or Jan 2019).

Doesn't sound like OP has any 2018 points left.

OP can transfer the 2019 points to another member's 2019 use year. The recipient could use them for a trip that occurs between 2/1/2019 and 2/1/2020.

You can transfer the 2019 points but you don't borrow them to do so. They have to transfer as 2019 points and you would be able to do that anytime now.

If you have already borrowed the points you cannot transfer them. But you can transfer your 2019 points to someone us if they are still in your 2019 account.

Doesn't sound like OP has any 2018 points left.

OP can transfer the 2019 points to another member's 2019 use year. The recipient could use them for a trip that occurs between 2/1/2019 and 2/1/2020.

Thanks to you all for your input!!

You summed it up well I think Carol! SO the 2019 52 points I have CAN be transferred now, but the person I transfer them to could not use hem for a vacation this year, 2018, they would have to wait and use them next year, 2019!?!?

And DenLO thanks for that info! I have not borrowed them yet, and so if I understand correctly now that if I did borrow them then I couldn't transfer them to someone else they would have to be used for a reservation made by me!?!? WHEW!!

Thanks to you all for your input!!

You summed it up well I think Carol! SO the 2019 52 points I have CAN be transferred now, but the person I transfer them to could not use hem for a vacation this year, 2018, they would have to wait and use them next year, 2019!?!?

And DenLO thanks for that info! I have not borrowed them yet, and so if I understand correctly now that if I did borrow them then I couldn't transfer them to someone else they would have to be used for a reservation made by me!?!? WHEW!!
Your transferred points retain their UY and resort. So 2019 points would be good for whatever they would be good for you or they could bank them. They cannot borrow them. Borrowed and banked points cannot be transferred.

Your transferred points retain their UY and resort. So 2019 points would be good for whatever they would be good for you or they could bank them. They cannot borrow them. Borrowed and banked points cannot be transferred.

I think I get it now!! WHEW!! Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter