Can I add on to DDP?

Master Grayson

<font color=blue>Haunted Mansion Ghost Host
Have 4 adults and 1 child on the dinning plan for July can I add another child without adding him to the room? Long story short I have a 1-bedroom at BWV that sleeps 5 can't get another room(all booked) DS9 was staying home for BB camp but hurt his arm(in cast now) wants to go. What to do? :confused3

Sorry but they have to be on the reservation to get the dining plan. The dining plan and reservation are tied together so that would be a red flag that you were going to be over your occupancy limit and could be made to get a second room somewhere. I understand your delima who wants to tell your child that they can't come with you to WDW?

fyi...disney will allow 5 to a one bedroom but they will warn you that they will only provide linens for 4 people.

If you call to add your 9 year old, it won't be a problem. The previous poster is correct, though, that you must add them to the room to add them to the dining plan.

He has to be listed in the room to get the DDP. What about 2 rooms at a different resort?

If I'm reading your post correctly, you've already got 5 in a 4 person room. Could you possibly get 2 studios (which would allow 8?)
I suppose he can bring a sleeping bag and sleep on the floor of a one bedroom and you could have other tickets for him (not on a KTTW). You could pay OOP for his food or share--ith 5, you should have plenty of food to share. But, doing this would not only be a DDP problem. He couldn't stay on any of the night EMH.

Four adults and one child in a one-BATHroom villa is challenging enough. If you are a DVC owner and you act quickly, you might be able to move to OKW or SSR and get two studios, which would be much more comfortable for everyone.

If you try to sneak DS in, you could have a problem.

You don't say when in July....remember that people frequently cancel at 31 days. If you call at 30/31 days, you can frequently make changes without any problems--sudden availability.

Also, if you can't get what you want right now, ask them to waitlist you and keep calling. There is one person assigned to "work" the waitlist each day. You can sometimes get availability that she hasn't caught yet!

I think I would go with 2 rooms at a moderate as well. I couldn't leave my ds either...lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter