Can I do Legoland with 2 kids and no other adults?

javaj

DIS Veteran
Doing a Disneyland SoCal trip in a few weeks with 2 DSs - 6yo and 2yo. Most days we'll have one of my sisters or cousins with us, but I was wondering if I could do Legoland on a day where it is just me and the kids. Is this do-able? Any rides we'd miss out on? DS turns 7 in January and hopefully can ride a lot of things by himself if seating is by 2?

Thanks for any input!

Doing a Disneyland SoCal trip in a few weeks with 2 DSs - 6yo and 2yo. Most days we'll have one of my sisters or cousins with us, but I was wondering if I could do Legoland on a day where it is just me and the kids. Is this do-able? Any rides we'd miss out on? DS turns 7 in January and hopefully can ride a lot of things by himself if seating is by 2?

Thanks for any input!

I did legoland in the UK with just two kids and it depends on what rides you want to ride. There may be some rides like the fire engine one where you cannot bring children under a certain height and you can't really get your 7y old to go on his own. But if you plan it right you'll have a great time. Just make sure you know before you go what your gameplan is and explain it real well to your children so they know why you may not choose certain rides.

You'll do just fine by yourself. We just went with a two and a three year old. There wasn't much the two year old couldn't do (including the fire engine.) I think you'll have a great time!

Well, I have to make a cautionary statement. I was amazed at how many of the little rides, the basic rides made for the littlest kids, required an adult to go on with the 6 year olds we had. Now, my DD is tall enough to go on all the rides at Disneyland and we had another 6 year old. I was really frustrated at how few of the rides the kids could go on by themselves, and I even thought to myself that I would never go back with DD and a friend by myself, as they wouldn't be able to go on any of the rides. We were lucky that time that we had a friend and her 10 year old daughter with. The bummer was, though, that she had to help me out almost the entire time and was unable to go on much with her own daughter. There were very few rides that we could do more than two in a seat, as well.
So, while I think there are a ton of rides that both of your children can go on, I would hesitate to go as a solo parent with both of them to Legoland. Heck, your kids could go on more on their own going to Knott's than Legoland.
Though, this link will be able to tell you a bit more about what you would be able to do given the heights of your children....
http://www.legoland.com/park/rides/ridesandattractions.htm

Legoland are a bit finnickey about safety, but there is not much that your kids wont be able to both do. I went with an 11 year old and a 2 year old, and there were only I think 3 rides that my 2 year old could not go on(one of those being the Bionicle teacups which I thought it was silly that she could not ride as every other park allows it with an adult on similar rides, but as I said they are very particular about safety). My kids both loved it. You can definitely do it with only one adult though.

It's all about how tall the kids are, especially the 6-year-old. You're right that a 2-year-old can ride many of the rides with a parent. You will miss a half-dozen of the big ones, which could really upset your 6-year-old.

The big issue is the 6-year-old's height. Most all of the rides, even the dinky ones, have a fairly high ride-alone height, like 48-54 inches. Check the website: If the 6-year-old isn't that tall, you won't be able to ride hardly anything. And almost all the rides pair you off in twos. They are sticklers for measuring you: my 3-year-old came in barely under the 40-inch height and they didn't let him on a 40-inch height ride.

I saw one family with three small children and two parents: the oldest child wasn't tall enough to ride by himself, so the father had to take them each one at a time on the ride -- and this was the little jeeps on a track, not even a rollercoaster.

If you have the option to do this on a day with others, even an older child that can ride with your 6-year-old, that would be better. Legoland is great that a 6-year-old can ride everything in the park, as long as they have a bigger person with them.

The zoo or Wild Animal Park might be better for a 6 and 2 without any other adults.

Please check out the website and figure out what you can really ride, before spending a lot of money!

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter