Can I pay for a room reservation with Visa Gift Cards?

bgenew1

Mouseketeer
I received several Visa gift cards at work yesterday. If I call and make a reservation can the agent apply the Visa gift cards as payment?

Great! Thank you. Now I won't have to take them with me and keep up with the cards and the balances.

On the phone now, and the CM is telling me that they cant take these. They Debit VISA cards. She has put me on hold to check.

Go to Target and use them to buy Disney gift cards and then call back and use those to pay off the room balance.

I thought they took Visa gift cards but could only charge something like 80% of the total on the card...Visa holds back some for tips, etc.

No. It's not a Disney rule, it's a Visa rule. Hotel stays are not allowed. Visa/Amex/Disc "gift cards" don't play by the same rules as store gifts cards. if you don't use them within a period of time (could be a little as one year), then they start deducting fees.

I hate them. I refuse to give them and on the rare occasion I'm given one, I use it asap.

I received several Visa gift cards at work yesterday. If I call and make a reservation can the agent apply the Visa gift cards as payment?

Use them for your groceries, etc. and take the money you would have paid and stash that into your WDW fund.

Like AngiTN mentioned, turn them into Disney GCs then go to https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ and combine them into 1 or 2 GCs. You can combine up to $1000 onto one GC. This way it's a lot easier when calling to make a payment, rather then having them input a bunch of GCs.

Thanks for the suggestions. Just got back from Target where I was able to get Disney gift cards. And thanks for the tip to combine them into one.

Thanks for the suggestions. Just got back from Target where I was able to get Disney gift cards. And thanks for the tip to combine them into one.

Sorry for my incorrect answer above. I missed the "Visa" part. I assumed they were Disney gift cards.

I also went to Target today and purchased Disney Gift Cards with the Target gift cards I purchased with the 10% promo.
The employee checking me out said oh boy you get 5% from using your red card. I said no I don't, because I am paying
for them with Target Gift Cards. I did have other items but only got 5% on the other items. I was aware of the rules by
reading on the boards. I also did this last year when they had the one day 10% gift card promotion.
I will be calling WDW to put the amount on my room only reservation for February. I already combined them into one card.

Sorry for my incorrect answer above. I missed the "Visa" part. I assumed they were Disney gift cards.
Actually, you were correct. Disney will take them, but not charge full value of the gift card. I don't know about Visa's rule about hotels (first read it here in this thread), but I know Disney will take them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!