Can I still take wrapped presents on the plane?

Hunnybee

DIS Veteran
Just wondered if anyone had taken wrapped presents on the airplane. Last trip we took, I wrapped up small items for my DS to open and play with on the way down. That was pre 9/11. I know that last Christmas, they were saying not to wrap gifts because they'd just make you unwrap them. Are they still doing that? Half the fun of the small presents for him is getting to unwrap them! Please let me know if you've had any recent experience with this. Thanks!

No, you are not supposed to take wrapped presents on the plane. However, if you had some small items that were wrapped in your carry-on that went through security, you won't get kicked off the plane. It's not so much the fact that they can't see what they are, as if they need to see it, it adds time to the security process having to unwrap the gift. Another option would be to put them in gift bags that could easily be opened, then closed.

We flew to San Fran last Valentine's Day...I had small gift for my 2 children and was concerned about the security issue. So to ease my mind, I used a cute gift bag to put the gifts in. I just let them be scanned at the security station and we were off. Also, it helped keep our aisle free from too much extras ie. wrapping paper. Hope this helps, and have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter