Can my 6yo order an adult meal at TS?

Dbktmc

Mouseketeer
If I allow my 6yo to order an adult TS meal will that be permitted while we are on the dining plan? I would definitely expect that we would use an adult credit at the meal. (We will have extra credits available to use as we don't have a TS planned for everyday of the trip.) He likes items such as steak, etc... and isn't a huge fan of the kids menus at the restaurants. I'm trying to plan ahead and decide if I will just end up splitting my meal with him.

Last edited:
I have had no trouble using an adult credit for a child to order an adult meal. We did it at BOG, Jiko, Sanaa, and Chefs de France.

If I allow my 6yo to order an adult TS meal will that be permitted while we are on the dining plan? I would definitely expect that we would use an adult credit at the meal. (We will have extra credits available to use as we don't have a TS every planned for everyday of the trip.) He likes items such as steak, etc... and isn't a huge fan of the kids menus at the restaurants. I'm trying to plan ahead and decide if I will just end up splitting my meal with him.

You can, but then what will you do with all of his kid's TS credits?

We always end up with extra credits that we use for quick service meals. I know that it doesn’t make sense financially but we like the fully budgeted aspect of the plan. I know that we could put the money on a gift card and save money but that wouldn’t work for us. My husband and I would spend the week splitting hot dogs because we would never spend that kind of money on food. The sticker shock of the menu prices would ruin our vacation. I wish that we weren’t like this but we have realized that the dining plan is necessary for us even if it doesn’t make financial sense.

One reason I don't like the DDP is how restrictive it is. Back when they used to give an appetizer with a main course, I listened to a server insisting that a guest couldn't order 2 appetizers and no main course, while the guest insisted that it would be better financially for Disney. I also listened to a CM tell a guest that "that particular drink is not on the DDP" Once again, this was before widening drink rules. But I want to eat what I want when I want it.

My family is the same, if we didn't have the DDP my husband would be having the family share quick service meals, and make food in the room for the day due to sticker shock. Because we will have one kid consider an adult and one that is consider a kid, we will be having the "kid" order a meal off of the kids menu, and one off of the adult menu and have them switch. For some families, they can pay as they go and for others, it doesn't work. If we even put the amount of our meals on a gift card while planning we wouldn't use the entire amount, because, my husband would panic seeing the balance go down.

My family is the same, if we didn't have the DDP my husband would be having the family share quick service meals, and make food in the room for the day due to sticker shock. Because we will have one kid consider an adult and one that is consider a kid, we will be having the "kid" order a meal off of the kids menu, and one off of the adult menu and have them switch. For some families, they can pay as they go and for others, it doesn't work. If we even put the amount of our meals on a gift card while planning we wouldn't use the entire amount, because, my husband would panic seeing the balance go down.

THat would be me, cringing at every meal. Gift card or not, I would look at prices. I have done both, pay OOP and pay using my dining plan, and the DDP is the best option for our family. Would we save money OOP?Probably, because I would walk past the snack stations, share desserts even if I wanted my own, order the chicken even if I wanted the steak. I drive my DH batcrap crazy, but after all these years he is used to me.

One reason I don't like the DDP is how restrictive it is. Back when they used to give an appetizer with a main course, I listened to a server insisting that a guest couldn't order 2 appetizers and no main course, while the guest insisted that it would be better financially for Disney. I also listened to a CM tell a guest that "that particular drink is not on the DDP" Once again, this was before widening drink rules. But I want to eat what I want when I want it.
Then the Dining Plan is definitely not for you. For others it works perfectly. Its not an all for one and one for all type of thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter