Can Someone Clarify.....

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
O.K. I may be losing it here...thought I read on a past post about FOTL and if it's for EVERY ride/attraction...or just the most popular( like fast pass at WDW) I apologize for my ignorance on this...just need to know so I can prepare my little one that not everything is FOTL if that's the case.
Thanks!
RPR here we come!

They have changed it to the express pass on every ride if you are staying at Universal. It used to be front of the line. It's like Disney's Fastpass, where you can get the ticket and walk up to the front of the line. The Universal way now if your staying on site is you always have the fast pass (express pass) while Disney, you can only have one at a time. You could actually purchase the VIP passes for the real front of the line, but it's pretty expensive for the family. There are some rides you can't do the express pass for at IOA/universal but don't worry, it's definitely worth it.
Have your kid take a look a the hour and half wait for Spiderman, then walk up to the express line and wait maybe 15 min at the most. Have a great trip.

So sinc ewe are staying on-site(RPR) ALL rides are FOTL right...none are excluded like in the express pass? Sorry it's late and I'm tired, taking the brain a while to compute info.;)

The only rides/attractions that are excluded from the room key perk are 1fish 2 fish and the pterendon(sp?) flyers at IOA.
BUT- remember that the room (or as some call it, "magic") key perk is NOT true FOTL access, but DOES allow you to enter any ride/attraction via the Express Pass entrance as much as you want, any time you want. It is the fastest and easiest way of getting on any ride short of the VIP tour.

in other words-
true FOTL (front of the line) is when your paid US/IOA Guide brings you in and you get the first available seat now matter how long anyone else has waited on any line.

On-Site Room Key- show this to the employee at the entrance to ANY ride (with those 2 small exceptions) and join the express line with those that have express passes, usually a 5-15 minute wait as opposed to the regular line which can have waits for upwards of an hour for the most popular attractions.
Hope this did not confuse you even more!
:jester:

Thankyou both VERY much!!!!!!! We used fastpass last summer at WDW and really enjoyed it so this will be that much better, not having to work around a specific time frame per ride. Do you know if the line for 1fish/2fish & pteredon flier is a nightmare? My 7 yr old DS is not a thrill rider(yet) and he will be doing these area while his sister an dad DO THE BIG STUFF....We will be there at a crowded time...park days of 7/5,6,&7...actually we will have the 5 day pass and will be on site the whole time. Again thankyou...info was right on target!

You never said if you were on site of off. Univer Express is available to the day guests also. If you go over to one of the machinesyou can have one pass in your had at a time. They have about the same rules as Disney, 2 hours ust pass or use the existing pass that you possess.

The line for One Fish, Two Fish and Pteranodon Flyers can get a little long sometimes because they are "slow loading" rides similar to Dumbo at WDW, but they are manageable.

Suz!

Thanks for mentioning that the only true no line access is the VIP tour...if anyone has any questions on how to do the tour-please call-407-363-8295.

I am not 100% sure, but I think that 1 fish, 2 fish had an express line when we were there in March. We went in a different way and got right on. You will love the express feature. I have not been back to Disney since we stayed on sight 3 trips ago at Universal.

The 1 Fish 2 Fish ride does indeed have an Express Pass entrance, and while some of the ride operators do allow Onsite room keys and Dis passes through there I believe they are not supposed to.
The simple solution is to actually get the Express Pass for this one ride.
This is what we do: When we first arrive at Seuss Landing we go to the kiosk and get our Express Passes for the 1 fish 2 fish. Many times these passes can be used immediately because we get to the park early and this is the first or second area we visit, but if there is any kind of wait we go and use our room key to ride the CaroSeussel and/or the Cat In The Hat ride, then join the Express queue for 1 fish 2 fish.
With the 1-2 punch of an Onsite key and the Express Pass for 1 Fish 2 Fish you can cover all three rides in less than a half hour, while the regualr waiting public is still on line for one ride!
Life is good!

We are staying on site one night, and the next day going to IOA- do we still get the benefit of FOTL on rides???
Thanks,
Stephanie

I have not been back to Disney since we stayed on sight 3 trips ago at Universal.
I'm just curious how long you stay in Orlando when you go on vacation. I know that when I go I spend at least seven days, the thought of spending my ENTIRE trip at Universal kills me, I get so bored with the Universal parks. I have only been to US once and will never go back, and I can do everything more then once at IOA with just one day. I can't see spending an entire vacation doing the same things over and over and over. Just a curiousity question.

At Universal, Feivel's water slide in Woody Woodpecker kidzone doesn't have an express line either but it's not a major attraction either. If you get to one fish, 2 fish early enough you shouldn't have much of a wait but be warned if it's cool out they don't turn on all the water effects until it warms up (good for me, bad for dd:D)

Originally posted by HauntedMansionFan
I get so bored with the Universal parks. I have only been to US once and will never go back, and I can do everything more then once at IOA with just one day.

It saddens me to see posts like this that are obviously meant to garner negative attention. First of all to say you can do everything there is to do more THAN once in a single day shows you either lie outright or just consider the 5 major rides as everything (I strongly suspect the latter)
It is next to impossible, especially without the room key perk to wait in every line to see every show and ride every ride, and I would take a wild guess here and say you did not spend any time in the gift shops, playing the midway games, chatting with the Talking Fountain, splashing in the Cartoon Lagoon fountains, shooting at the bilge barges from Me Ship the Olive, resting in the pleasant cool mist near JP, playing the arcade games in the Marvel Area, getting your fortune told near Sinbad, taking pictures at the many well marked photo-op spots, watching a street show from the balcony at burger digs, checking out the dinosaur hatchery, or riding the non-superstar rides like the Unicorn and Storm force. Did you see the Sinbad show? How about Posiedon's Fury? I'd bet not, you probably judged them lame without a second thought. I'd also bet a quarter you did not have kids with you to slow you down and skipped Seuss Landings altogether.
I was at Magic Kingdom once in 1970 the first year it was opened- we really DID do all there was to do in a single day and if my attitude was like yours I would never have gone back to find out if Orlando was still a big orange grove with a small amusement park.
You obviously do a lot of theme-parking, and it's easy to see Disney is your preference, but you cannot be ignorant of the facts that all good parks grow and change and even if you had one boring afternoon it does not mean the place is so terrible and you are the only one smart enough to stay away. Contructive criticism promotes healthy debate, and I apologize for venting at you but that "did it all and got bored in one day" bit is really just an intentional insult to those of us that enjoy US/IOA. There is no need to put a damper on families that are planning an enjoyable vacation away from the Hou$e of Mou$e.
Peace

First of all to say you can do everything there is to do more THAN once in a single day shows you either lie outright or just consider the 5 major rides as everything (I strongly suspect the latter)
First off, don't judge without knowing the whole story. When I said that I did everything in IOA in one day, I did everything in IOA in one day. Every ride, every show.... this was even before Express Pass was even around in the parks.
bit is really just an intentional insult to those of us that enjoy US/IOA
Secondly, how dare you accuse me of making an intentional insult, the original posting was asking if they could do everything in one day, people were giving their opinion, and I gave mine.
I'd also bet a quarter you did not have kids with you to slow you down and skipped Seuss Landings altogether.
Thirdly, Seuss Landing happened to be one of my most favorite lands, I really enjoyed myself on Cat In The Hat, I couldn't stop lauging through the whole thing, as soon as I got off I went around for a second ride.
It saddens me to see posts like this that are obviously meant to garner negative attention.
Lastly, if any post on this topic was meant to garner negative attention, then it certainly was yours! You have no right to attack my opinion, venting or not. Consider my post venting back or whatever you want, but a note for the future. Don't judge someone based on their opinion on a small post about activited at a theme park. In retort to your final comment. There is no need to attack anyone that enjoys their stay at House of Mouse and dare share their views about your precious US/IOA.

OK, everyone, I'm only going to warn you once on this thread. There is no need to attack other people's ideas, even if they counter your own. Please remember board rules prohibit personal attacks. Any further board violations in this thread will cause it to be closed.

Thank you.

When I go to Universal, I usually fly down for a long weekend. My 7 year old is soooo intrigued by US/IOA that we find plenty to do - actually we haven't even had time to enjoy the pool until our last trip. DS won't even mention Disney - he'd rather visit with Spidey:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter