Can someone tell me about "Hotwire"

RamVA

Mouseketeer
I read the post with the link to the hotwire coupon deal, but was wondering who could explain how "howwire" works? Is it like Priceline--do I make a bid as to what I want to pay? And am I committed once they find something? I read something about an hour to change your mind, or "commit" to the sale, but found nothing about this on their home page--in fact, didn't find their home page to informative about how they actually work?

Any info please would be greatly appreciated.

Also, have ALL discounts been pulled for all on-site properties? So cheapest room I could get would be "All Stars, etc. if I could get in? Have decided I really want to go to the pin event, even if it's only for the weekend, but finding any kind of decent deal this late in the game is almost impossible--I know--it's totally crazy!

Thanks guys!
:jester:

Ruthie: I was on their site not too long ago. You might want to recheck the "rules" on their homepage. They make an attempt to explain the process. I would not use Hotwire because you don't know when your flights are (other than the day) until AFTER you book and pay. There are absolutely no refunds. Also, you don't know what airline you'll be on. If you're just looking for cheap and don't care when or how you travel, it might work.

You don't bid; they give you a price. I think what the one hour does is lets you sort of "reserve" the flight for one hour (still don't know when or airline), but the price could change.

Too many variables for me!

I used them to book a friend of mine a hotel room in Boston and got the Back Bay Hilton (a VERY nice hotel) for $55 a night.

Again, 1) you don't know which hotel you are buying, but if you know the area it can pay off - for example all the hotels in Back Bay Boston are nice (Sheraton, Westin, Marriott, Park Plaza) and 2) they give you the number of stars the hotel gets from sources like AAA - they listed where they compile the ratings for their star system from but I didn't really read it.

I agree that for airfare it is too dicey, but if you know the area and pay attention to the number of stars, I'm of the opinion a hotel room is where you sleep and shower so as long as it is clean and convenient, count me in.

In the Orlando area, Hotwire's areas are too broad. They show you a map of what they consider to be the different areas of Orlando, but there are too many hotels and motels around Disney to chance getting a real dog...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter