Can someone tell me if you have to mobile order at the QS? food allergy

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
So we are heading over next weekend... long weekend, YAY !!!! and I have made ADR's for the Plaza for lunch one day, and Terralina for dinner at Disney Springs, as well Dinner at Epcot the next night at Spice road table... We thought about grabbing lunch in France, or over in the food court next to Soarin... or we might munch around at the mini food and wine... we prefer sitting somewhere cool to eat...

So with the allergy thing.... I am allergic to coconut, and have to careful of things like coconut oil, flour, milk, water, and extract, and coconut in foods, and it is in alot of sauces, and desserts, as well as some adult beverages... Sometimes I have to ask what is in something, to double check, and they bring out this book and it shows all the ingredient... so I can be sure what to order...

So mobile ordering is not really something that I can do... ? So is this the only way...

If it's yes, I need to figure something else out for lunch... or maybe a late breakfast some where... suggestions...

Thanks in advance...

You will be able to order inside at the register, and probably speak to a chef if neccesary (which it probably will be considering your allergy is not one that's listed in the MDE allergy choices). My understanding is that each quick service restaurant has at least one register open. Just know that your wait may be long, since people who are unable or unwilling to mobile order will also be waiting for that one register, too, and also allergy orders just always take way longer to be prepared.

You are encouraged to skip mobile ordering and speak to someone live for allergy issues. Mine is pretty common as far as allergies go (peanuts). Some things I know are super likely to be ok, other things (baked goods and ice cream shops for example) are too risky and I'll need to speak to a real person to be safe.

DH has celiac disease so has to avoid gluten. It makes us crazy that even though this is his only issue, we often cannot do mobile ordering as allergy items sometimes aren't listed as options. That being said, we had a late QS dinner (7:30pm) at Riviera a couple of weeks ago, and the door monitors let us in and had a chef (he was super nice) come out and explain the options, then let us sit in the restaurant while we waited for our order.

You are encouraged to skip mobile ordering and speak to someone live for allergy issues. Mine is pretty common as far as allergies go (peanuts). Some things I know are super likely to be ok, other things (baked goods and ice cream shops for example) are too risky and I'll need to speak to a real person to be safe.

OP here,
I'm with you, I have to double and triple check on this, especially with baked goods and dessert... as well as certain style of Asian food offerings, as well I always feel so silly asking what kind of oil do you use for frying, or sauteing ... I can't tell you how many time they say coconut oil... and I'm like dang, I really wanted to try that... in some instants I have gotten lucky and they have other oil available and I have gotten to try some pretty wonderful things...

OP here,
I'm with you, I have to double and triple check on this, especially with baked goods and dessert... as well as certain style of Asian food offerings, as well I always feel so silly asking what kind of oil do you use for frying, or sauteing ... I can't tell you how many time they say coconut oil... and I'm like dang, I really wanted to try that... in some instants I have gotten lucky and they have other oil available and I have gotten to try some pretty wonderful things...
You sound like the same kind of person as me. I have had to learn to force myself to ask those kinds of questions for my gluten intolerance and sometimes it goes better than others in the regular world, but I have had some great experiences talking to chefs at WDW.

You may need to be persistent and tell them of your allergy. They didn't let anyone I saw not use mobile ordering. They turned several people away.

Some places like Roaring Fork don’t even have an allergy option on the mobile ordering window so they had me go inside to the register and verbally told me what I could have. We are here now and so far It feels different for me with a gluten allergy. We went to Rose and Crown and I skipped dinner because I only had three options and none appealed (curry, baked fish and plant based hot pie). We have eaten there before and I swear they had more options previously. Maybe pack some extra patience with the allergy. One cast member told me to call the restaurant ahead of time to confirm allergy offerings right now.

This really worries me! I knew that mobile dining would be a pain, but didn't expect any problems at table services. There were several options my last time at Rose and Crown, so they have chunked a lot of choices.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? Not sure how to call the eight restaurants where we have reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter