Can we just cruise forever?...Fantasy SWDAS - January 27, 2018 - Completed

ukintheus

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to anyone that feels like following along for another family adventure on the high seas. :wave2: :welcome:

On our last cruise together in January 2017 we were on a very fog delayed Bahamian cruise out of Galveston. We had a great time AND we got a 15% discount to use from DCL for our troubles, :thumbsup2 so combined with the OBB 10% we had a nice little discount waiting to be used for something. :goodvibes
We had an addition this time around as we are slowly suckering in more and more family. :teeth: The dates of this cruise worked out for everyone and so it was booked right at the end of March 2017 before our fog discount date expired.

Star Wars wasn't the deciding factor on this one but the timing of this cruise was good for everyone, and we'd never done a Star Wars cruise before, so new is always good! :darth:

Here's the crew for this trip. Scott and I, my Mum, sister Maureen, nephew Paul, and our newbie to the group, his wife, Belinda. Last year Paul came to "try it out". This year he graciously allowed Belinda to come and "try it out" too. :rotfl:

In this photo it's my sister, me, Scott, Mum tucked in front and then Paul and Belinda.
26705243098_9f90620c17_c.jpg

This is the first time I've bought the embarkation photo! It wasn't the best but we weren't good about taking photographs with everyone together, so I had to make do with what I could get. :goodvibes

Seeing as we were all having to fly in for this cruise (Galveston has us so spoiled for a short drive to get there :blush:) there was some coordination to be done but it all worked out pretty smoothly. Paul and Belinda were flying in from England, Maureen was coming from Tennessee and then Scott, Mum and I were coming from Texas and we all scheduled to get there on Friday, January 26th.

Plans are made and the gang is all ready. Time to get this party started. party:

Last edited:
Friday, January 26th - Travel Day

It's always good to see this on the countdown. :flower: I'll miss these, the new DCL app countdown is quite boring compared to the old version. If you haven't downloaded the new version yet (family, I'm talking to you :tongue:) then get yourselves prepared for disappointment. :rolleyes:

28305713889_88c2f272bc_c.jpg

We had an afternoon flight scheduled and Scott and I had the day off work so we spent our morning packing and getting ready to leave. Scott is a great packer! :thumbsup2 I have to give him props for doing such a great job. I tend to let him get all the clothes packed and then I fill in with the other stuff. Two suitcases and two carryons later, we were all set.

25214328247_9dc587f5a9_c.jpg

We left the house at about 11:30 am. Paul and Belinda were already in the air on their flight over from Gatwick. They had a false start as about 15 minutes after leaving the house Belinda remembered she had left her purse (wallet in the USA) at the house, so they had to do a quick trip back to collect it. :hyper: Better to find out 15 minutes away, than a 12 hour flight away! Maureen was on the first leg of her journey, with a connection in Charlotte, so with us on the road we were all finally on our way. :woohoo:

We parked at one of the satellite lots at Intercontinental airport and didn’t have to wait long for a shuttle to get us. A little “strange” note to add here…there were two dead squirrels in the parking spot next to us. :crazy2: So weird, and icky….I didn’t take a photo you will be pleased to hear! :laughing:

I did take a photo of us on the shuttle bus though!

28305713579_ee58f70e42_c.jpg

25214328047_7eecae43ab_c.jpg

We got our bags checked in and got through security pretty quickly. For some reason we were all tagged with TSA pre-check (Scott is Global Entry, maybe that's why? :confused3) and so the line was shorter and we didn’t have to take our shoes off – win!!

We found a place tucked away to get a bite to eat and hang out for a bit as our flight wasn’t until 2:45 pm. We all got hamburgers, although Mum and I split one. But first things first….drum roll please….ahhhh…yes, ladies and gentlemen, here they are…. :Pinkbounc

40053556572_1b40614937_c.jpg

The vacation has now officially begun. :drinking1 The burgers were OK, standard airport fare. I should point out early on that there are lots of things that my Mum says she doesn’t eat these days. Chips (fries) are included in the group of these things she doesn’t eat…..hmmmmm…..:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

28305716909_5cfb3f68e4_c.jpg

After stretching out our lunch to kill some time and using the loo that was conveniently right next door, we headed to our gate. It was about an hour before we were due to leave. Scott’s phone was almost out of battery so he sat by a charging station and Mum and I got a couple of more comfy chairs where we could see the plane and watch them load luggage.

40053556222_1ca337c5fa_c.jpg

40053556612_86c9f1ee1b_c.jpg

It wasn’t too long before they started boarding. We were group 3, so once they began boarding that number we got up and joined the queue and it wasn't long before we were on the jetway.

28305715989_d9465e1048_c.jpg

The jetway was backed up pretty well and so we stood a while waiting to get on but we finally made it, Scott got all of our carryons put up and we got settled in for the 2 ½ hour flight.

39375069764_405423a9f3_c.jpg

We pulled away from the gate on time.

40053555662_9a5c79e342_c.jpg

Dreary, grey skies as we left.

39375069714_7a55ff2875_c.jpg

But blue skies ahead of us!

28305715089_b6ba0cc70b_c.jpg

The flight was uneventful, they gave us some pretzels and a drink to keep us all quiet. ::yes:: I had left my ipad in my carryon and I didn't want to bother Scott to get it, so I browsed just about every piece of paper and magazine that was in the seatback pocket. :coffee: Eventually we began our descent into Orlando.

39375069604_c29a2e7750_c.jpg

Strangely, my text with Paul was working, even though I was in airplane mode. :confused3 It didn’t work with anyone else, but he and I were texting the last 20 minutes of the flight. He and Belinda had got through customs and immigration and had checked into the hotel, showered, and were already at the bar!

28305714819_4d2bb47fd9_c.jpg

We were staying at the Hyatt for the night. It is so convenient, especially this time around with people coming in from different places. It was the highest we have ever paid though at about $300/night per room. The 24 hour race was going on at Daytona, not sure if that made any difference. :car:

Maureen landed at about exactly the same time as we did and there was furious texting going on as we tried to decide who would win the race to the bar! HA HA Scott and I decided that I would go with Mum to the hotel and he would go down and get our luggage and meet us there. Paul and Belinda were waving from the hotel bar as Mum and I walked across the concourse, I never was sure if Mum saw them or not! :rotfl: Once we got upstairs, I went to get us checked in and get the cruise transfer papers sorted out. Right as I got check in finished Scott arrived with the luggage, so he and I took it up to the rooms. By the time we made it downstairs, Maureen was there. We had all made it! :grouphug:

Maureen took this photo so she wasn’t in it….there was a lot of that going on this trip. ;)

39375069534_1cdd7dcee4_c.jpg

The picture taking took a miserable nosedive at this point, so apologies ahead of time for that. This was the only day that I took notes too, so it’s just as well I had them! We had a couple of drinks in the bar and then all went up to our rooms to take our carryon bags before going back down to eat dinner at McCoys in the Hyatt. Paul and Belinda were hanging tough considering they had had a long day of travel. Scott and I had sushi and edemame. Paul had sushi as well. Belinda had a burger, Mum had soup and Maureen had fish and chips. No pictures of anything…sigh…it didn’t even hit my radar to take any! We got finished with dinner at about 9 pm and called it a night. Scott and I did a brief trip to Mum and Maureen’s room to swap luggage tags. Back in our room we had to do a brief shuffle with wine, taking it out of our checked bags and putting it into our carry ons. We were in bed by 9:15 pm, so it was an early night. The plan for the morning was that we would text when we were up to figure out what we were going to do for breakfast. Paul and Belinda were going to be the early risers with a 5 hour time difference and nobody else wanted to be up that early!

Coming up…embarkation day!

Last edited:
Love the title of your report! Why can't we just cruise forever???? :flower1::love:

Reading along.......

I wish we could all cruise forever as well!!!

Excited to be reading along.

I just did the update yesterday for the DCL app - not happy, it is so boring looking now.

Love the title of your report! Why can't we just cruise forever???? :flower1::love:

Reading along.......

I wish we could all cruise forever as well!!!

Excited to be reading along.

I just did the update yesterday for the DCL app - not happy, it is so boring looking now.

Thanks to you both for following along and comments! I haven't had a chance to get back and update but hope to get back to it sometime soon, life got in the way a bit!

Yahoo, another trip report!!!!

Why can't we just cruise forever - indeed!!! :thumbsup2:cheer2::boat:

Hello! Good to "see" you - I've been thinking about you and wondered how you are doing. I'm sure you are still dealing with issues from your Mum's sudden passing, but I hope that things are straightening themselves out a bit. :hug:

Saturday, January 27th – Embarkation Day

We had a pretty good night of sleep and I woke up at about 7:15 am. I always love getting this screen shot. It’s the ultimate payoff for all those months of patiently waiting! :lovestruc

39187607935_84038c292f.jpg

Paul texted at 7:50 am to say that they were going to be leaving for breakfast in the next 15-30 minutes and were still deciding where to go. Another text a short while later had the decision to go up and eat in Hemisphere, the hotel restaurant. We still had to shower and get ready, but we managed to get ourselves moving and we met them up there at 8:30 am.

We really are horrible about taking photographs, but I’m putting them in here anyway. :rolleyes:

40053628882_3dd8f9d137.jpg

There was a buffet and then menu items. Belinda, Maureen and I went to check it out. It was OK, the one thing that put me off was that they had the “fake” scrambled eggs, which I really dislike. They have the same eggs on the ship. Bleckk….o_O

A few went with the buffet, I ordered the Caprese Egg White Scramble and Scott got the buffet. Here’s a great photo with the boys with their mouths full of food. Ha ha!

39187608195_f0d23e1bfd.jpg

A quick photo while we waited for menu items to be brought. I think Maureen got the Eggs Benedict – it’s a pretty safe bet as she would choose it over almost anything on a breakfast menu. :thumbsup2

40053629442_a5f2e304e6.jpg

Scott’s buffet choices - take note of the eggs...don't they look delicious! Ha ha! I forgot to get a photo of mine.

39375117504_297be1f29a.jpg

After a very leisurely breakfast we headed back up to our rooms at about 9:30 am. All of our bags had been picked up by the hotel. We decided to hang out in our room for a little while. Paul and Belinda were right next door, so we opened up the connecting door. Belinda tried to call their two boys, but the youngest , Oliver, who is 1, got too upset and so the call had to be abandoned quickly. Awww..the plan is to bring them along when Oliver is a bit bigger and can really enjoy it....we are thinking probably about drinking age! :rotfl:

Some people watching took place while we killed a bit of time.

40053630122_fbb68db255.jpg

My plan was that we were going to try and get to the cruise terminal at around 12:30 pm to avoid the crowds and craziness and to hit open boarding so that we had minimum waits. In the past we’ve gone early, and then sat around the terminal and, honestly, the extra 45 minutes that it buys you on the ship just almost isn’t worth the hassle.

At about 11:00 am we gathered all our stuff and made our way down to the DCL transportation desk.

39375117974_5c7b9956ef.jpg

It wasn’t very busy at all, I think there was one person in front of us in line, so we were soon checked in. They were still boarding the bus prior to ours so we sat and waited for our bus to arrive and begin boarding. We were Dumbo.

40053631082_f72510411e.jpg

After just a short 15 minute wait, our bus arrived and we were called to start boarding. I love these photos because despite all being grown, somewhat sensible, adults, you can just see how much of a good time we were already having – even with forced photos!

39375118674_2d1088edc8.jpg

40053631652_25c174f682.jpg

39375119154_abd499b158.jpg

40053632132_8f0dd1b841.jpg

It was a quick and non-eventful journey over to Port Canaveral and about 40 minutes later we got our first glimpse of the ship.

39375119874_a26537d730.jpg

Almost there! :hyper:

40053632662_1453ca0747.jpg

The Disney ships are still some of the prettiest cruise ships you see, at least I think so.

39375120434_cb67e67718.jpg

We got to the terminal and dutifully listened to the instructions while waited for the luggage to be offloaded before we could exit the bus. We gathered our hand luggage and headed inside to security. It was 12:25 pm when we got in line. The line did seem to move slowly, I have to admit, but we were right about on schedule and I was interested to see how check in would go with getting there a bit later in the day.

Being a total rebel I ignored all the signs that said you couldn’t take photographs in the security area and took this one….ooooh, I’m such a risk taker. :laughing:

39375131314_b50c29da11.jpg

We had a mix of silver, gold and platinum Castaway Club members but the lady directing people told us what line was shortest – I actually think it was the first time cruiser line, so we jumped in it. At the desk, the lady said she would check us all in at once, so we quickly gathered all our stuff as we had planned to split up to make it go a bit faster, and she slogged through it all. Paul has some kind of work visa that seems to throw them off. :confused3 Same thing happened in Galveston on the last cruise, but they eventually figured it out.

By 12:55 pm we were all checked in and ready to really get the vacation started. 30 minutes wasn’t bad to get through security and get checked in I didn’t think.

A quick stop for a couple of photographs.

39375121384_69de25a357.jpg

40053634202_8a19f1f63e.jpg

Ahhhh….no throng of people around the ears…no need to pull ninja moves to try and bust your way through the crowd. Perfect. :goodvibes

39375122124_448c522a29.jpg

As I said before, we never usually even stop and get the photograph taken before boarding, but I forced everyone to this time, and it came out OK. I will admit that it is a form of torture though to have to put all your stuff down and pose when all you really want to do is get on board. ;)

26705243098_29d7a17905.jpg

We walked on the ship at exactly 1:00 pm……we made it!! party:

40053635412_0e92e53f5f.jpg

They had all the Star Wars stuff in the atrium, this was cool.

39375123244_c768521b83.jpg

We started to head aft as I needed to get some dining reservations straightened out and I wanted to make sure we were going to be on a table by ourselves. Last cruise they put us all with another family and it just didn’t work out and trying to change the table after the fact hadn't worked out either. The lines for dining were pretty long outside Royal Palace :crazy2: so I told everyone else to go ahead and I would just find them when I got done. I didn’t have to wait long in the end as they had a separate line for Palo and I needed to check Palo as well. Salvatore, who has been the Palo manager on the Wonder for a long time was there so we exchanged hugs :hug: and some quick catch up gossip while he helped me get our reservations sorted out. He also was able to get our Remy reservations changed as well. :thumbsup2 I decided not to hang around for the main dining room as the line was still super long.

After some texts to figure out where everyone was, I met them up in Cabanas. On my way through, I asked a CM if they knew from our table number how many it seated. She didn’t, but she said she would find out. Sure enough, as I walked through later she caught me and told me it was an 8 top, so it meant it was just us. :banana:

It was a pretty day and we sat outside enjoying the weather. Paul and Belinda had just left the UK's cold and dreary winter and were happy to be out of bundled up clothes and enjoying the warmer weather. :cheer2:

Scott got a good selection of stuff. I stole a couple of his shrimp. :blush:

40053636922_ec0e7dc4e3.jpg

Time to relax and forget about the real world. :cloud9:

40053636242_77db28eff0.jpg

We played around with our phones and got the app working so we could get the chat started.

39375123674_83a5cacaa7.jpg

By now our staterooms were available so we decided to go and get rid of our carryon luggage. We had 3 rooms together so it was nice and convenient.

Our digs for the next 7 nights.

39375124024_c7a6ec3e93.jpg

40053637672_93aee3deb1.jpg

I had ordered a bottle of prosecco to have in the room. It’s a nice perk to have out of Port Canaveral as you can’t get it in the room before about 7 pm when you sail out of Texas because of the state liquor laws. :drinking1

39375125014_0349c2593d.jpg

The backpack is the Castaway Club gift and we also got luggage tags, I’m not sure if everyone gets those? I’m not a huge fan of the backpack to be honest, I don’t find it very comfy to carry, but I do use it instead of dragging another bag along.

40053639162_239dd23eef.jpg

I put some magnets on our doors, although I didn’t get any pictures. I had ordered some really cute Star Wars magnets off Etsy, a storm trooper, jedi and darth vadar. They had been shipped priority mail 10 days before we left but the “wonderful” USPS was still holding on to them the day we left home. :sad: The magnets I used were nothing special but they really help to know which cabin is yours!

After checking out our cabins we decided to go and take a look around the ship before Muster started. We headed for the front and the sanity of the Cove area.

39375125724_ca8c4c808b.jpg

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out where we’d end up! :lmao: Currents is a great location to have a drink. :teeth:

40053640172_90c6a614e1.jpg

39375126564_476670e733.jpg

We sat in some of the lounge chairs under the shade facing the front of the ship and enjoyed our beverages. I got a Bahama Mama. It was a bit sweet, I was a bit disappointed as it didn’t taste as good as I remembered. :rolleyes: Gotta hate that!! :laughing:

39375128654_47d8482d30.jpg

Happy family!

40053642602_9aec78fae8.jpg

39375128134_e226a73899.jpg

Scott wanted to make sure his beer got in the picture, even if he didn’t. He and Paul had to buy the beer mugs this trip, as Scott had lost one of his beer mug tokens and then had left a beer mug in the stateroom on our cruise last September when we were put into a last minute scramble with Hurricane Harvey. So, tokenless, they were forced to pay for the mugs but he'd had a good run on those old tokens. :rolleyes1

40053643752_6fcb0dd5f0.jpg

The Norwegian Epic had some cool graphics, even if it doesn’t stand out as a “pretty” ship.

40053641402_39442e68aa.jpg

39375127384_174f5c82a4.jpg

39375128544_5c7055ae45.jpg

After sitting for a bit we took our time walking from the front to the back, which, unfortunately for Mum, involves going up and down stairs a bit. I love that you can walk around the entire top deck on the classics.

40053651302_8b82ef50c6.jpg

We (well Paul and Maureen) tested the water and it was decidedly chilly! :scared:

39375129074_af8b2019b9.jpg

The Carnival Magic used to be based in Galveston. I knew it wasn’t in Galveston any more but I didn’t know it had relocated to Port Canaveral.

40053644902_76762b6718.jpg

More ambling along and photo taking before we decided to go back to our cabins and have a few minutes prior to muster as it was now 3:40 pm.

40053646162_8b5a5a716d.jpg

39375129564_a54289e2f7.jpg

Random cabin photo thrown in for good measure.

40053647342_952c58245f.jpg

We didn’t have long to kill before we had to head down to the Buena Vista theater for our muster drill. Luckily we were inside so we didn’t have to stand up. The unfortunate part was that the lady sitting next to Belinda had some personal hygiene issues going on :crazy2: and it made for a very unpleasant time for poor Belinda. She said she tried sucking on mints to see if that would help mask the smell, but nothing was working. :laughing:

We escaped from muster as soon as we could. Mum and Maureen waited for a lift while the rest of us took the stairs along with the rest of the tide of people. We grabbed cameras again and then headed up for sailaway.

39375130024_936dda438b.jpg

The party was in full swing.

25214412057_cb82a19fc5.jpg

25214409057_b3fb2d56f8.jpg

We were really surprised to see Chris on the stage.

39187622235_396c0526b8.jpg

If anyone has ever sailed on the Wonder, you may know him from Bingo. Turns out he got promoted and was the club host on our cruise. Perfect personality for it, and he was great. :thumbsup2

40037507394_f4a33acf5c.jpg

Meanwhile, the ship had already started to move so we made our way to the front. We were hoping to get on the Fishlips camera, but they never panned up to us.

40053628352_d3be3c2c1e.jpg

We toughed it out for a little while, but it was really windy and chilly. Here’s proof how windy it was. Great. :rotfl2:

39187607475_d5f8f03f68.jpg

We took a walk towards the back to look at the Aquaduck and the putt putt course but we were all getting pretty cold, so we didn’t stick around.

40053627222_f1df9db424.jpg

Paul had been REALLY looking forward to a rematch of Backgammon. We had spent a lot of time in Crown and Fin on the Wonder at the game tables they have and so he was itching to get to O’Gills this time. We all decided to go and check it out. It was a horrible moment….we walked in….no game tables. :scared1: The disappointment was worse than a kid getting coal in their stocking on Christmas Day! :laughing: And to make matters worse, they didn’t even have a version of it in a box! It was a sad, sad moment. :oops:

But we made the most of it and ordered some drinks! :flower:

39187606835_6e74fb1cb6.jpg

It was pretty empty in there and so it was nice and quiet.

40053626462_62243ddbf9.jpg

Except for us…we weren’t nice and quiet! :rotfl: Notice the checkers box on the table. They were going to try and make do with that, but it was missing all the pieces! Ha ha.

39187606445_d99bfeef0c.jpg

At about 6 pm the girls left to go to guest services for some KTTW card shenanigans. Our reservation had Scott and Mum in one cabin and Maureen and I in the other. We do that so that both cabins have platinum benefits, but it means we had to get an access only card for Scott and Maureen. It didn’t take long. :thumbsup2

I made Mum sit in the chair to take a photo. Didn’t get one of her actually looking at the camera, but it was a good try.

40053625972_a42a80824c.jpg

We decided to browse the gift shops while they were nice and quiet. First seating was already going on and so was the show, so it was a perfect time to go as they were pretty empty. I bought a few things, including a couple of Star Wars t-shirts and a Star Wars Christmas ornament.

Took this photo of Pluto outside the Walt Disney Theatre. So cute.

39187606085_769ef70e14.jpg

We all chilled out in our cabins and on the verandahs for a little while. At some point we unpacked, although I'm forgetting exactly when. We met our stateroom host and I asked him to open up the dividers so we had all 3 open, it worked out perfectly. At about 7:15 pm we went back down to O’Gills for 50’s and 60’s music trivia. We weren’t great at it, but we got 25 out of 30, which to be honest surprised all of us! :eek:

40053625642_4b44df0ec1.jpg

Trivia finished at about 8 pm and so we hung out for another 15 minutes so that we could just head straight to dinner. Tonight we were in Royal Court.

39187605885_12614645b2.jpg

40053625322_e977b5cfc1.jpg

We met our servers, Javed from India and Luis from Portugal. Both of them were great and we had a great week with them. Our head server was Wira, who used to be on the Magic and had been our head server back in 2013. The bread basket made an appearance and it didn’t take more than a split second for us to start eating it. :rotfl2:

39187605585_ea9f4676f7.jpg

I had the baked Brie.

39375130414_7de36fd781.jpg

Scott had the duck confit.

25214409547_05644e2385.jpg

We both got the Chateaubriand steak.

39375130764_6908a94be2.jpg

I got the grand marnier soufflé.

25214410097_facafc9bb8.jpg

Scott got the apple tart tartin.

39375131054_3ca9e7da2d.jpg

They had 80’s music challenge tonight in the Tube at 10:30 pm but we were all just too tired to go. We all called it a night after dinner, it had been a busy day and we were all pooped. :faint:

It had been a great day (barring the Backgammon disaster :rotfl:), we’d had a blast already!

40053650392_7f847c1f5e.jpg

Last edited:
Love reading your trip reports, it's like I was there :flower1: great fun and remind me of some of the things I forget!! Good job Jen :worship::cheer2::darth::chewy:

Woohoo, looks like a fantastic first day (minus the backgammon mishap of course :rotfl2:) I love that you know so many of the CM's!! And, that they remember you guys as well :thumbsup2

I'm not a fan of the sling bag (got it on the Wonder in Alaska), would much prefer another of the other bags....you know, the tan and beige one....whatever you want to call it (apparently the clocks going forward last night is playing keep away with my brain).

Hello! Good to "see" you - I've been thinking about you and wondered how you are doing. I'm sure you are still dealing with issues from your Mum's sudden passing, but I hope that things are straightening themselves out a bit. :hug:

Thanks so much, it's been difficult but each day is getting better. At least I don't break out into random crying jags anymore :sad1: We went to Hawaii for 5 days in mid February and the day we returned we had to put our dog down :sad: I'm DONE with sad events, that's my three (dad died at the end of 2015). Can I just have an uneventful life now?:confused3 You know, in between cruises :rotfl:

I'm so excited to read this report!! My husband and I were on this cruise. We loved Chris and went to all of his trivia .

Thanks so much, it's been difficult but each day is getting better. At least I don't break out into random crying jags anymore :sad1: We went to Hawaii for 5 days in mid February and the day we returned we had to put our dog down :sad: I'm DONE with sad events, that's my three (dad died at the end of 2015). Can I just have an uneventful life now?:confused3 You know, in between cruises :rotfl:

Aww...that is just so sad. I'm so sorry. :sad: I hope that you can have a better year going forward! At least you don't have long until your next cruise. :sail:

I'm so excited to read this report!! My husband and I were on this cruise. We loved Chris and went to all of his trivia .

He was great, wasn't he? We went to all of them except the special Star Wars one - we knew we would be worthless at that one!

Sunday, January 27th – At Sea Day

We had a pretty good night of sleep and woke up nice and relaxed at about 8 am.

40752647411_d60f3f8cf3.jpg

I popped out of bed and took these. It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day. The ship had a nice rock to it during the night and the seas had some white caps going on.

25881776417_5a8862212a.jpg

25881776217_94e29ce727.jpg

We decided to order room service for breakfast. The others decided to go to Cabanas but we wanted to be lazy. It took about 30 minutes to get to the cabin. Cereal and coffee for both of us. We order extra milk as we like to use milk instead of creamer for coffee.

25881775997_f344853db6.jpg

We sat and had breakfast on the verandah – this is how it looked with the dividers out between the 3 cabins. It was nice and roomy and a great way to hang out without everyone being inside.

25881783277_ddc980c229.jpg

Ahhhh….relaxing and reading – one of my favorite things to do onboard.

25881775797_e853bfb3b4.jpg

We needed to get moving as we had a Palo brunch reservation for noon. I snapped this as I was drying my hair – I’ll take this view any day. So pretty.

25881775577_ef3d174572.jpg

We were all ready a bit early, so we decided to go on up and see if they could seat us and of course they did. We said hello to Salvatore and met our server, Predrag from Serbia, and got seated.

25881774957_2e676551a3.jpg

The buffet offerings all looked delicious. Today was a bit of a challenge walking back and forth as the ship definitely had a good roll going on with the waves.

Dessert table, we didn’t eat them first, but we did take the picture of them first!

25881774587_b177e5f060.jpg

Cheese and antipasto.

25881774317_b1e9da0af7.jpg

Breakfast breads and fruits.

25881774137_9f3e872c00.jpg

Seafood.

25881774027_6c5fa19ecb.jpg

I got a taste of several things…so good.

25881773947_3e1a9a9a93.jpg

Scott’s plate.

25881773827_48a177f687.jpg

I got eggs benedict because I just can’t resist it.

25881773767_eaca1c7401.jpg

Scott got the frittata that comes with no cheese.

25881773467_822b07fee0.jpg

For my menu item, I got the snapper. It was pretty good but not as good as the chicken parm or lasagna.

39858029095_8567973046.jpg

Scott got the veal minus the cheese. On the Classics this is a special order and they have to go and get more meat from the food storage area down below. Today it wasn’t an issue at all so they must keep provisions up in the kitchen.

25881773227_0821b55281.jpg

Dessert next, I got a small sticky bun and shared it with Scott. I couldn’t believe he hadn’t had one before! The lemon meringue stuff in the shot glass is my favorite though.

39858028975_0d25a3ff93.jpg

Scott got his own selection. We were decidedly stuffed at this point.

25881773027_2ae30ef4a9.jpg

A couple of random Palo photos. I didn’t get any of us all together…sigh.

39858028835_2ffd8941b3.jpg

You can see there’s some pretty good wave action going on.

25881772397_e85057dca7.jpg

We wanted to do the brain teasers trivia at 2 pm, so we went straight from Palo to O’Gills and got “our” table.

39858028085_98e5274589.jpg

We did pretty well, but didn’t win.

25881771207_fb63a7bfa3.jpg

I wonder why the boys like this table so much? Ha ha. There was either golf or cricket on most days.

39858027605_8a8b26d8a3.jpg

Scott and I had a facebook group meet and greet at 3 pm in La Piazza so we hung out there. Everyone else went back to the cabins to get changed out of fancy duds.

@mandymouse – Andre was the bar tender!

25881770727_fc8beda1e4.jpg

38942408520_c184fc896c.jpg

A good crowd showed up for the meet and greet.

39858026735_c3e452f51b.jpg

Apparently, DCL hadn’t thought about the fact that they had an activity going on in La Piazza when they gave us that space, and we ended up having to move into the Tube, as we were a pretty rowdy crowd.

25881782477_694569f2ed.jpg

Scott went around and took some photos of the rest of the Tube while it was empty.

40709769182_7ca81771fc.jpg

39858026075_af5c9718f7.jpg

40709767512_3d13121aa3.jpg

39858025095_7fd4cb83d8.jpg

One of the FB group, Seb, brought everyone a light saber stick that you could angle infront of the camera and make the photo look like someone had a light saber in their hand. We took this one trying it out, it was quite cute.

40709770102_955c2f75f8.jpg

We chatted for about an hour and then went back to the cabin to get changed. This was on the bed, we were putting the clocks forward an hour tonight.

38942407590_64aa4ceee8.jpg

Last edited:
I needed to go to guest services as we were missing a Star Wars character meet and greet ticket. Scott came with me and we did some looking around as it was pretty quiet down there.

40709766392_b8fee6ba49.jpg

25881781157_19234ef0aa.jpg

39858024245_700731e0bc.jpg

40709765092_edb9baa521.jpg

We had never got around to playing midship detective agency so we walked up and found the desk. It had a good view of the chandelier.

38942406430_c989cdf963.jpg

We chose the Plundered Paintings games.

39858023135_698d869fb0.jpg

We did a couple of the clues, and were not healthy at all in climbing the stairs – we took the lift!

25881764117_ecf09b9807.jpg

We only did a few before we gave up and went back to the cabin. We messed around with the light stick a bit and had a lot of fun with that.

39858022625_655ff0678b.jpg

25881763627_a059ac0c16.jpg

39858022365_373cf30366.jpg

Sunset was going to be about 5:45ish, and Scott set up his tripod and camera to get some family shots on the verandah. The sunset wasn’t a very good one though – too much cloud.

25881779897_d45fcac89b.jpg

25881763197_08305ee915.jpg

25881762567_920e866d3d.jpg

Scott got bored and did some selfies….these are just a few of them, so funny!

38942405470_c1b02c1aec.jpg

25881778777_8bde7b3048.jpg

After a relaxing time on the verandah having a couple of glasses of the wine we had brought on board, we all went down to play trivia at 7:30 pm. Tonight was 70’s music trivia and much to our amazement we won! We got some nice Disney cruise key chains for our winners prizes.

38942404580_6674b95676.jpg

Trivia always finished at about 8 pm which was perfect timing to have a bit of time before going to dinner at 8:15 pm. Tonight we were in Animator’s Palate.

39858021115_ab7c1eb642.jpg

25881761687_e53a4caaed.jpg

I thought this photo captured the animated Mickey on the menu front pretty well.

25881778097_65556308f9.jpg

Finally a photo with us in it!

39858020485_c6d7fca1b6.jpg

The lighting in Animators isn’t great for photo taking it seems.

25881761217_7ddc57d18b.jpg

39858020125_1edcbbed28.jpg

I think Scott and I must have got the same tonight as I only have a photo of the chicken as an entree.

25881776857_6f18c228f1.jpg

Scott got the ice cream sundae for dessert, and I got strawberry ice cream. I’m not a huge ice cream lover at home, but the vanilla and strawberry on the ship always seem so good.

25881760887_9b95de07bf.jpg

39858019605_70502be48e.jpg

Tonight the boys were given a puzzle to solve. This began a battle between the servers and the boys for the rest of the week.

40752648201_304c854bd8.jpg

Tonight was the Nemo show but we weren’t in a great position to see the screen. I managed to get this shot of the screen which showed absolutely nothing!

38942403970_00b0394bf0.jpg

Tonight was another night when we all just wanted to go to bed, we were all exhausted from such a busy day! When we got to our cabin it was about 10 pm and this little guy was waiting for us.

40752647881_17976b174a.jpg

Coming up….another fun filled at sea day!

So when you went to Palo, you didn't have anyone following you around with your plate, putting the food on it for you? Because we had that on the Fantasy Jan 2017 and it was a bit unnerving lol Haven't had that on the Wonder so I'm thinking they stopped that?

As an aside: I was NOT able to get a ressie for brunch on our upcoming May cruise and I'm devastated :sad: First time ever having a problem getting a brunch ressie so I'm rushing to Palo the moment we board the ship!

Looks like you had a fairly big FB group! Love the 'light saber' that's too cool. Oh my gosh, Scott is hilarious. He really can just entertain himself, can't he? :rotfl2:

So when you went to Palo, you didn't have anyone following you around with your plate, putting the food on it for you? Because we had that on the Fantasy Jan 2017 and it was a bit unnerving lol Haven't had that on the Wonder so I'm thinking they stopped that?

As an aside: I was NOT able to get a ressie for brunch on our upcoming May cruise and I'm devastated :sad: First time ever having a problem getting a brunch ressie so I'm rushing to Palo the moment we board the ship!

Looks like you had a fairly big FB group! Love the 'light saber' that's too cool. Oh my gosh, Scott is hilarious. He really can just entertain himself, can't he? :rotfl2:

No, nobody filling our plates. I was surprised because we had that last time were on the Fantasy too. It was better without. They did have people waiting to help you if you needed it. I bet you can get a Palo reservation once you get on board, don't stress too much - hopefully it will all work out just fine.

The lightsaber things were fun to play around with. I had about 10 of those photos that Scott took of himself, he just is a laugh a minute...maybe....LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!