Can we please do one character meal?! A January '19 PTR! *TR Link Posted 2/12*

I'm here!

I love all of the ADRs you have for your trip! Coral Reef is one of my absolute favorite restaurants. I love the lobster bisque and I usually get the Seared Maui Maui. The Bailey's and Jack Daniels Mousse is tied for first with the Triple Chocolate Cupcake at BOG as my favorite dessert at WDW. Plus you can't beat the aquarium view while you are eating. The restaurant is built in tiers like a theater so there is no bad seat in the place.

I don't think I need to tell you how much I love lunch at BOG considering I just wrote about it in both of my TRs. :rotfl:

I've done H & V one time for dinner and it was during the Christmas season. I'm curious as to what costumes you will get since the theme for the dates you are going is not listed on the WDW website. Hopefully the seafood mac and cheese will still be on the buffet for you because it was outstanding.

I've also only done Y & Y one time but we are going back in October. If you remember, Mom and I loved our meal but it was a bit spoiled when the waitress dumped an glass of ice tea all over Mom. I'm hoping we have a better experience in October. I know most people get the Fried Won Tons for dessert but I loved the Chocolate pudding cake.

Hi! Always glad to have you along!

I do remember all your positive reviews of Coral Reef! And the items you get are already what I am eyeing up to order!

Hahaha we share a deep love of BOG and the turkey sandwich!! :thumbsup2

I am pretty sure it's a Hollywood theme for January-March (at least that's what it has been in the past). I'm looking forward to it..and hopefully the mac and cheese!

I hope you have a better experience at Y&Y! I'm not sure if we will get dessert but I will keep the pudding cake in mind!!

Epcot - Coral Reef (Dinner) - I have always wanted to go here (Hello boy meets world and full house!!).
Yes!!!!!! I still have a crush on Cory Mathews! :rotfl2:

Your ADR plans sound great! I've always wanted to do Coral Reef, too - I mean, even if the food totally stinks, hello ambiance! You can't get much better than that, right?! And, of course, I'm sure the food won't stink, so there's that, too :laughing:

Yes!!!!!! I still have a crush on Cory Mathews! :rotfl2:

Your ADR plans sound great! I've always wanted to do Coral Reef, too - I mean, even if the food totally stinks, hello ambiance! You can't get much better than that, right?! And, of course, I'm sure the food won't stink, so there's that, too :laughing:

Right?? Ugh, love that show!!

Thank you! I've read so many conflicting reviews, so I'm just going to go into it hoping for the best!!

137 days to go!

January 26- Arrival Day

BF is NOT a fan of flying and will be dreading this. His first and only experience on a plane was the trip we took in 2013. Me being the sympathetic girlfriend told him he will just have to suck it up and deal with it :)

We have a 9:15am flight which will have us landing around 12:30pm. I'm assuming we'll get to the hotel by 2 the latest. Hopefully our room will be ready but if not I'm sure we will be hungry and want to grab something at the food court.

I initially thought about going to MK this day, but when all is said and done I don't think it will be worth it to rush over there for just a couple of hours (as of now it closes at 8pm).

I'm toying with the idea of venturing to one of the Mini Golf courses. If so, I'm leaning towards Fantasia Gardens. We LOVE mini golf and it's a staple at every beach vacation we take. I think it would be fun to do this on Disney property and it wouldn't take up too much time so we could still go back to the hotel and relax afterwards.

Has anyone gone mini golfing on property?? Would love to hear some opinions!

137 days to go!

January 26- Arrival Day

BF is NOT a fan of flying and will be dreading this. His first and only experience on a plane was the trip we took in 2013. Me being the sympathetic girlfriend told him he will just have to suck it up and deal with it :)

We have a 9:15am flight which will have us landing around 12:30pm. I'm assuming we'll get to the hotel by 2 the latest. Hopefully our room will be ready but if not I'm sure we will be hungry and want to grab something at the food court.

I initially thought about going to MK this day, but when all is said and done I don't think it will be worth it to rush over there for just a couple of hours (as of now it closes at 8pm).

I'm toying with the idea of venturing to one of the Mini Golf courses. If so, I'm leaning towards Fantasia Gardens. We LOVE mini golf and it's a staple at every beach vacation we take. I think it would be fun to do this on Disney property and it wouldn't take up too much time so we could still go back to the hotel and relax afterwards.

Mini golf sounds like a great plan for arrival day! It's been on our "to-do" list, but we have yet to actually do it. I've heard the Fantasia Gardens course is really fun.

My husband isn't a fan of flying either. It doesn't help that his sinuses, etc don't deal well with the altitude and recirculated air.

I'm with your BF on flying! Not a fan!

My mom and I did the Fantasia Gardens course a few years ago and it's a lot of fun!

Yes!!!!!! I still have a crush on Cory Mathews!

Feeling my age here. My crush was Neil Patrick Harris as Doogie Howser Md. :rotfl2:

BF is NOT a fan of flying and will be dreading this. His first and only experience on a plane was the trip we took in 2013. Me being the sympathetic girlfriend told him he will just have to suck it up and deal with it

:P Ha! I tell that to Jim all the time. Seriously though, has he thought about talking to his doctor about something to take to help? Jim loves his happy pills when he flies. ::yes::

I'm toying with the idea of venturing to one of the Mini Golf courses.

This is something that has always been on my list of things to try but have never done.

YES to mini-golfing! We did the winter side of Winter Summerland last year and although its in desperate need of a refurb, I do highly recommend it! We plan on trying out the summer side this year! I heard Fantasia gardens is a lot harder so if you are competitive you may want to check that one out!

We tried doing that once and there was a fairly good wait and half of our party was leaving that day. So, we didn't have enough time to wait. But I def want to do it at some point.

We love mini golf as well. And I think it would be a great way to start the trip.

We did Winter Summerland a few years ago, and it was SO fun! From what I've seen/read, this was the more "putt putt" type with lots of silly and fun elements where the Fantastia Gardens are a little more difficult. But I've seen positive reviews of both! If you're not going to do a park, it's definitely a good non-park activity to try out.

We have never tried the mini golfing I bet it is fun!

It would be a fun way to check out something different without going in a park.

You will have an early start to your vacation, always nice.

Mini golf sounds like a great plan for arrival day! It's been on our "to-do" list, but we have yet to actually do it. I've heard the Fantasia Gardens course is really fun.

My husband isn't a fan of flying either. It doesn't help that his sinuses, etc don't deal well with the altitude and recirculated air.

It's always been on my to-do list too! But I've always put park time ahead of it. Since going to a park doesn't make much sense I figure it's the perfect opportunity!

Oh no, I'm sure that does make it tough :(

I'm with your BF on flying! Not a fan!

My mom and I did the Fantasia Gardens course a few years ago and it's a lot of fun!

I know a lot of people are like that so I guess I should have more sympathy!

OoOoh yay glad to hear you've tried it and liked it!!

Feeling my age here. My crush was Neil Patrick Harris as Doogie Howser Md. :rotfl2:

:P Ha! I tell that to Jim all the time. Seriously though, has he thought about talking to his doctor about something to take to help? Jim loves his happy pills when he flies. ::yes::

This is something that has always been on my list of things to try but have never done.

Haha hey I loved that show when I was a kid so I can't judge!!

DBF doesn't even like taking medicine when he's sick so I think the happy pills are a no go. Maybe I can convince him to have an early morning beer to calm him down :rotfl:

Same here! I'm hoping to finally accomplish it!

YES to mini-golfing! We did the winter side of Winter Summerland last year and although its in desperate need of a refurb, I do highly recommend it! We plan on trying out the summer side this year! I heard Fantasia gardens is a lot harder so if you are competitive you may want to check that one out!

Yay, I'm glad to hear it's fun!!

We tried doing that once and there was a fairly good wait and half of our party was leaving that day. So, we didn't have enough time to wait. But I def want to do it at some point.

We love mini golf as well. And I think it would be a great way to start the trip.

I am a little nervous that it will be crowded but I guess we would just have to take that chance. Mini golf is always such a fun activity and it makes people like me who are not athletically inclined feel somewhat good about themselves :rotfl:

Here's showing my age.....my crush was David Cassidy and Donnie Osmond! :)

Haha nothing wrong with them either!!

We did Winter Summerland a few years ago, and it was SO fun! From what I've seen/read, this was the more "putt putt" type with lots of silly and fun elements where the Fantastia Gardens are a little more difficult. But I've seen positive reviews of both! If you're not going to do a park, it's definitely a good non-park activity to try out.

Thanks for the insight! I ran it past DBF and he seemed to be into it, so I really hope we get to do it!

We have never tried the mini golfing I bet it is fun!

It would be a fun way to check out something different without going in a park.

You will have an early start to your vacation, always nice.

I would have loved to get in some park time, but it would involve too much rushing and who wants to be stressed on their first day?! This would be a nice way to still DO something :)

I love an early start, I hate wasting a day on travel!

Let's recap some of the things that he experienced then that no longer exist:
-Paper Fast Passes
-Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
-Main Street Electrical Parade
-Wishes
-The Sorcerer's Hat
-Animation Academy
-The Backlot Tour
-Great Movie Ride
-Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade
-Camp Minnie & Mickey at Animal Kindgom
-Maelstrom
-Disney Springs was still Downtown Disney
Oh, sweet memories!!!!! I'm feeling very nostalgic about some of those wonderful things we are missing nowadays!! :(

He said he's ready to go back and I will happily oblige! We also will be spending some days at Universal Studios!
YES, love when they are ready to go back! :) We did Universal for the first time over the summer and really enjoyed it (more than I thought I would be willing to admit!! LOL). I think we may add a Universal day to our next trip, too!

We are going to be staying at Pop Century! That is where we stayed last time together and we both enjoyed it. I have not been there in 5 years so I'm glad to be going back and to see the new refurbished rooms.
Pop is our favorite since we started doing WDW as a family. This summer, we got a refurbed room and liked it a lot. The hardwood floors were kind of echoey but it definitely felt a lot cleaner/fresher in the room overall. I liked all the little nooks and shelves for storing our stuff, and my son was obsessed with his bed folding out of the wall!

DHS - Hollywood & Vine (Character Lunch- Fantasmic Package)-
My hubby's favorite meal at WDW. I love the character interaction here!

I'm toying with the idea of venturing to one of the Mini Golf courses.
We have done Winter Summerland a few times and really enjoyed it! The details are so fun like the snow castle/sand castle, Squirty the Snowman, and cute set ups at each hole. LOTS of great photo ops. It's nice that you can take the Blizzard Beach bus and just walk across the parking lot to get to it, too.

:rotfl2:

I did either Winter or Summerland many years ago and really enjoyed it! But haven't been mini-golfing on property since. That would be a nice way to spend your arrival day - especially if you both love it! :thumbsup2

Oh, sweet memories!!!!! I'm feeling very nostalgic about some of those wonderful things we are missing nowadays!! :(

YES, love when they are ready to go back! :) We did Universal for the first time over the summer and really enjoyed it (more than I thought I would be willing to admit!! LOL). I think we may add a Universal day to our next trip, too!

Pop is our favorite since we started doing WDW as a family. This summer, we got a refurbed room and liked it a lot. The hardwood floors were kind of echoey but it definitely felt a lot cleaner/fresher in the room overall. I liked all the little nooks and shelves for storing our stuff, and my son was obsessed with his bed folding out of the wall!

My hubby's favorite meal at WDW. I love the character interaction here!

We have done Winter Summerland a few times and really enjoyed it! The details are so fun like the snow castle/sand castle, Squirty the Snowman, and cute set ups at each hole. LOTS of great photo ops. It's nice that you can take the Blizzard Beach bus and just walk across the parking lot to get to it, too.

As much as I love the new things at Disney, I too miss a lot of those things! It's nice to look back and reminisce :)

I think it's hard for us Disney lovers to admit we enjoy Universal! But there really is a lot of fun stuff there!

I'm glad to hear you liked the refurbed room. Looking forward to seeing it!

I know Hollywood & Vine doesn't get a lot of love here, but I really enjoy it too! And you're right, the character interaction is great!

Everyone seems to have positive things to say about the mini golf courses! And good to know that we can take the bus there if we choose to go to that one!

WDW mini golf is so fun! We've done Fantasia Gardens and loved it, but we also love Winter Summerland over by BB!

OoOh I think you're the first to say they've been to FG! Glad to hear both courses are fun!

:rotfl2:

I did either Winter or Summerland many years ago and really enjoyed it! But haven't been mini-golfing on property since. That would be a nice way to spend your arrival day - especially if you both love it! :thumbsup2

Yay I'm glad to hear that! I do think it would be the perfect thing for us to do!

January 27 - Universal/IoA

Though I think we can do both parks in one day, DBF would like to do 2 days here. I do enjoy my time here and there are several new rides I have not been on (Jimmy Fallon & Fast & Furious) so it will be nice to take our time and not rush to get everything done in one day! He has never been on Gringotts, King Kong, or Transformers so those will all be new for him too!

I would love for us to eat at Toothsomes. I know it gets crowded at dinnertime so maybe we can do lunch here instead. I also really want to try Voodoo Doughnuts!

And of course butter beer is a must!!

To save on costs, we are going to do one park per day. We aren't Harry Potter fans so skipping the train isn't a huge deal to us. I think this day we will do Islands of Adventure. Since there aren't a ton of rides in this park, I think this would be a good day to take the mid-day break and head to Toothsomes for lunch! The park should be open until 7, though I don't anticipate needing to stay until close.

My initial plan outline:

Hulk- I won't do this but DBF might want to
Spiderman
King Kong
Forbidden Journey
Raptor Encounter? - Not sure if DBF will want to do this or what the line is like for this

Lunch - Toothsomes hopefully

The Cat in the Hat
Poseidon's Fury
Jurassic Park
Ripsaw Falls/Popeye & Bluto's - Depends on if it's warm enough. I think I will make sure we bring extra clothes/ponchos because of how soaked you get on these!
Re-ride any favorites- hopefully Forbidden Journey and Spiderman

I honestly think we can be done by 5pm. Unless DBF wants to walk around CityWalk, we probably will head back to the hotel and just eat dinner there. Maybe we can walk over to AoA on this night to eat/look around. This will be a relatively easy going day I think!

Sounds like a good plan! I just watched some you tube videos on HHN and I wish I was there, even if I am a scaredy-cat, it looks so fun!!

I won’t do Hulk either, I stay on the ground while Andi does this. We really liked Toothsome for lunch.

Me being the sympathetic girlfriend told him he will just have to suck it up and deal with it :)

:rotfl::rotfl: That would be what I'd say too!! My SIL hates flying (she's only flown one round trip flight ever) and refuses. She makes my brother drive, which he equal parts hates/doesn't mind (he works for the railroad and often has to drive pretty far to whatever state their worksite is for the week, although sometimes the crew flies out instead, so he's used to driving but doesn't want to on vacation). She sometimes asks about all of us taking a trip together and I tell her if she wants to do that she'd better change her mind on flying b/c I'm not spending any vacation days driving!! I'm mean!

I think it would be fun to do this on Disney property and it wouldn't take up too much time so we could still go back to the hotel and relax afterwards.

I've always wanted to do this too but never manage to work it into our plans.

We aren't Harry Potter fans

:sad::sad2:

Raptor Encounter? - Not sure if DBF will want to do this or what the line is like for this

We did this the summer it first began I think! It was pretty fun and surprisingly realistic - it snuck up on us and we jumped, LOL

Aww, this is cute!!
Raeven always makes me want to hurry back to USO and now you're making me want to, too!!

The plans sound good so far!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!