Can you add a day guest to BCV for pool privlileges?

herrmannpt

Mouseketeer
I'm staying in a 1 BR BCV with my 2 children in October. If we have a local friend come and meet us for the day, can we add her as a day guest to get pool privileges? I'm hoping so since our room will not be at capacity. We want to get the meal plan, so I really don't want to have to add her as a registered guest. I know it is a heavily monitored pool, so just want to make sure it is ok.

All BC/BCV pools are only for guests staying at the resort. If they were on your reservation it would be no issue.

I'm staying in a 1 BR BCV with my 2 children in October. If we have a local friend come and meet us for the day, can we add her as a day guest to get pool privileges? I'm hoping so since our room will not be at capacity. We want to get the meal plan, so I really don't want to have to add her as a registered guest. I know it is a heavily monitored pool, so just want to make sure it is ok.
Stormalong Bay is one of the most popular pools at Disney. IF Disney allowed day guest passes the pool would be overrun with who guests not staying at either Beach Club Resort or BCV and would be unfair to the registered guests.:scared1: As it is, at times it is extremely crowded and very difficult to find a chair. Can't imagine if Disney allowed daily guest passes it would be chaos. ENJOY:goodvibes your stay at BCV, you will love it, one of my FAVORITE resorts and is my favorite pool! :cheer2:

Your friend would have to be on the reservation to get access to SAB.
Since you want the DP, she will have to be on the reservation at least 48 hours before check-in and have the DP paid for for the length of the reservation. If that cost for the DP is worth it to you to add her to your reservation you are good to go and she will be able to enjoy SAB.
Otherwise no.

Yes, this happened to us. My grandson met us for a couple of days and because we had the ddp on our reservation, I could only add him if he had the meal plan for the entire stay. I was told this by the resort manager, so called dvc and was told the same thing by a supervisor. I read here on the boards that I could just add him for the day, but that didn’t work out. If you didn’t have the meal plan you could add the extra person to your room reservation prior to checkin.

Skip the meal plan, put him on the reservation or spend the day at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach.

So some of my party is staying at Boardwalk. Would I be able to add them to a reservation at Beach Club for pool access?

How would that effect the magic bands then?
They would have two magic bands, one for access to the BCV room and the other for access to the BWV room. Use slightly different names on each reservation and make sure they know which band is linked to the MDE account that has their ticket entitlement. That's the only band that will allow them access to the parks.

Also, you can only add guests up to the maximum occupancy for a particular villa type. If the BCV room occupants have a dining plan, everyone added to the reservation will also have to pay for the dining plan.

If you didn’t have the meal plan you could add the extra person to your room reservation prior to checkin.
If you have occupancy space and you don't have the dining plan you can add people simply by a chat with MS. Very simple and take a few minutes. When you add them they will show up in your MDE then you will be able to get a MB for them thus getting access to the pool. Your hang up is the dining plan, which really is not of any savings especially when you get the DVC discount at many restaurants. So if you really want them to be a day guest then cancel the dining plan, use that money to buy target gift cards at a 5% discount and then use your DVC discount for meals. -- my guess is that you will actually save money this way.

I read here on the boards that I could just add him for the day, but that didn’t work out.

Did you try at the resort?

We didn’t have a meal plan so I’m not saying that it will work, but we added my cousin’s husband and brother in law as day guests to my VGF room for ONE day. Went to the desks there at the villas, asked, they did it. Gave them keycards with their names on them and we were good to go.

And they thought I was weird for being formal about it. Said it wasn’t necessary. But I wanted the delay and slight annoyance (so they didn’t get the impression that they could just come play with us during COUSIN weekends).

We are in the minority that we actually benefit from the Dining Plan. This is a one night reservation as part of a split stay (to enjoy the awesome pool). Since both of my kids are under 10, we get the Deluxe Dining plan for one night, use the credits over 2 days and still have mugs for our full length of stay. I also use gift cards purchased through Target to pay for the meal plan to save the extra 5%. With a couple of character meals, we come out ahead for sure. Really don’t want to spend the extra $116 on the dining plan to add her as a guest. Kind of defeats the purpose of the great deal. Appreciate the info on the pool. Sounds like we just need to plan to visit with our guest and skip the pool time...
Your hang up is the dining plan, which really is not of any savings especially when you get the DVC discount at many restaurants. So if you really want them to be a day guest then cancel the dining plan, use that money to buy target gift cards at a 5% discount and then use your DVC discount for meals. -- my guess is that you will actually save money this way.

We didn’t have a meal plan so I’m not saying that it will work, but we added my cousin’s husband and brother in law as day guests to my VGF room for ONE day. Went to the desks there at the villas, asked, they did it. Gave them keycards with their names on them and we were good to go.

And they thought I was weird for being formal about it. Said it wasn’t necessary. But I wanted the delay and slight annoyance (so they didn’t get the impression that they could just come play with us during COUSIN weekends).

Yes, that’s where we started. Spoke to the cm who said it can’t be done, then we asked for a supervisor who said the same thing. Then we went back to our room and I called dvc and spoke to a several cast members to include a supervisor.

Yes, that’s where we started. Spoke to the cm who said it can’t be done, then we asked for a supervisor who said the same thing. Then we went back to our room and I called dvc and spoke to a several cast members to include a supervisor.

SAB is just a different set up than anywhere else.

How is this any different? Those people aren’t staying at BC, they are at BW.

The person staying at BCV has the ability and openings on their reservation to add them. It doesn't matter where they are actually sleeping just that they are a registered guest at BCV. OP could do the same except they don't want to add them to their room (because of also wanting the dining plan) so their friend wouldn't be a registered guest at BCV.

Not seeing how that is any different than a day guest or anyone else not paying to stay at the resort...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter