Can you pay tips with a Disney Gift Card

Darcy03231

DIS Veteran
We'll have the dining plan (DDP). If I can put the tips on a gift card I'll get some discounted ones before we leave.

In the past we have charged tips to our room and then made sure to stop at the front desk and pay our balance with gift cards before our credit card on file was charged. This worked well!

The caveat about using gift cards to tip are the tips aren't pulled from the gift card immediately, as are other purchases dining, merchandise... So if you use a gift card to tip ensure that you keep at least the amount you tipped on the gift card until the next day, otherwise your server may not get a tip or all of the tip.

You can. Just make sure you have a high enough balance because the tip doesn't come off right away unless you're using Tables in Wonderland.

Thanks everyone. I'll pick up some discounted cards to save a bit of money. I don't like to charge to the room. I keep better track by paying as I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter