can you purchase uph passes later,if you make room only reservations?

kylie&haley'smom

Mouseketeer
i have so many ?'s because it's our first trip. from reading on mousesavers it's better to book room only,just in case codes come out.

Hi and Welcome to the DIS! You have come to the right place to ask questions about all things Disney :D Everyone here is very happy to answer any question you might have.

It is possible to purchase UPH if you book a room only. We did it last year for our vacation. We waited to purchase the passes until we were actually there, as we were unsure whether or not we would really be able to make the trip until the last minute. I think you can purchase them in advance if you would rather, just like PHPs. Maybe someone else can answer that part of your question for sure.

Lori

If you buy them in advance, you get a discount, if you buy them when you arrive, you may be able to drop your first and last day as Mary explains...
http://www.mousesavers.com/tickets.html#uhp
But first, make sure this is the type of ticket media you want to get, unless you are going to spend every waking moment at the parks, DQ or PI, you may want to check into the Park Hoppers, the unused days never expire (good reason to plan a return trip:p ). Deb explains it all on her site, just scroll down to read about the UPHs. ~:D~
http://www.wdwig.com/ticket.htm#3

Traditionally, it's been better to book room only and wait for codes, but depending on your circumstances, this year the Fairytale Package seems to be offering the best deal, particularly if you need tickets. This deal means you pay for four days at rack rate and get tickets and lodging for up to 7 days (if you can stay 7 days you're getting 3 free). This is a great deal- almost 43% off rack rate in some cases.

Your other options are to buy an Annual Pass for one member of your group, then buy either a UPH( great if you want flexibility, and will visit the waterparks and PI) or the park hoppers. You'll have to crunch the numbers- depending on the number in your party, the resort you want to stay at, the time of year you're going, you'll see which offers the best.

If you post your info here- number of people, time of year, resort, what you like to do, length of stay, then I have no doubt some of the experts on the boards here will give you some options.

In answer to your original question- we stayed room-only last year and got our UPH's at check-in.

You can wait until later and sometimes you have no choice but to buy them after you arrive.

In our case, only one of us doesn't have an PAP. In order to get him an UPH, we have to wait until we check-in.

I don't know why that is and I don't like it! Not only do we lose any discounts, there's a nasty little rumor that ticket prices are going up as of June 1st! Apparently, it's only "at the gate" prices, but since we have no choice but to purchase after we arrive, it looks like the price is going to be even higher!

I would have never believed they would raise prices again so soon, but since the news is backed up by TDS CM's, I tend to think it's true.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter