can you rate pollution in china and when you went.

As Shanghai is on the coast, it is entirely hit or miss day by day. I was told that the level of pollution in Shanghai is far better than what happens inland.
The air pollution presumably depends on what direction and how fast the wind is blowing. You cannot get a correlation of pollution by month.

My experience:
I was at SDL twice in 2016 (May and August) and on both days the air was clear and sweet at SDL. Very hot, but sweet.
However, on an April trip to Shanghai (before SDL opened), visibility was good but the air had a slight chemical odor. No worse than NYC...I'd give it a 3
OTOH, I returned from my April trip through Beijing (inland location). Worst pollution I'd ever seen - my flight was cancelled due to poor visibility from pollution - a 10 on a scale of 10.

Because Shanghai is on the coast, I'd say your chances of having a bad air day at SDL is small and it should not cause you any concern.

Last edited:
We were there in laye June and it was blue skies everyday. This surprised us! My parents live in Shanghai and have said this last year the air quality has been much much better than before because the government has been shutting down all the factories.

Evidence of blue sky in late June:
tw2G736.jpg

F3kqCmb.jpg

It truly was hit or miss by day.
We lucked out and got a 9/10 rating for all of our Disney days, blue skies, sun shining through, no issues breathing/coughing DURING those days, they caught up to me when we moved over to our days in the city and I spent an afternoon inside to recuperate. The other 2 claimed they were fine and weren't effected BUT they still had some sniffles/sick/allergy type symptoms.

Beijing I'd say we had 6/10 for 2 days, and our last day was about a 2/10 lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter