Can you sell the Canadian Resident tickets?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
If the tickets are linked in your MDE account, am I correct in thinking you can transfer the tickets to someone else if you add them to your list of people on your account? Thereby enabling the tickets to be sold?

Where is the best place to sell tickets? We may be selling our 4. :(

If the tickets are linked in your MDE account, am I correct in thinking you can transfer the tickets to someone else if you add them to your list of people on your account? Thereby enabling the tickets to be sold?

That is definitely a work around that you could use but comes with a level of trust i don't think I have! For that to work i *THINK* they would need to have access to your account. You can keep your information private so they can only see plans that you share. I know before our trip i could have moved our tickets from Airmiles (Pre discounted certificates) to anyone in my Family & Friends List.

As far as where to sell them, i know this is not allowed on the DISboards but not sure where i would try.

Good luck and sorry you're needing to cancel a planned trip

So then once I add Joe Blow and family to MY own MDE account, I can reassign the tickets to them. How do they then go about making their FP+ etc? Do they have to sign into my MDE account, or can they somehow link the tickets to their own personal profile?

If they are not linked to your MDE already, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to sell them and the buyer could then link it to their MDE. I think the problem would be finding someone who would trust that these are valid tickets. I would never spend that kind of money on Disney tickets from a stranger.

Don't forget they theoretically never expire (although they say 2030 in the MDE). If you ever plan on going again, just keep them if you are financially able to do so.

If they are not linked to your MDE already, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to sell them and the buyer could then link it to their MDE. I think the problem would be finding someone who would trust that these are valid tickets. I would never spend that kind of money on Disney tickets from a stranger.

Don't forget they theoretically never expire (although they say 2030 in the MDE). If you ever plan on going again, just keep them if you are financially able to do so.

They are linked unfortunately. I definitely understand many wouldn't want to trust that. That said - using Paypal the purchase is protected and a quick call to Disney confirms the tickets are unused. But I get it. I'll likely try to sell locally since obviously people are more trusting when they know someone. But still wanted to make sure the ins and outs of transferring etc..

Keep in mind it would have to be to a fellow Canadian, they need to show proof of residency before the first use at guest services.

and to bad you have to sell :(

They are linked unfortunately. I definitely understand many wouldn't want to trust that. That said - using Paypal the purchase is protected and a quick call to Disney confirms the tickets are unused. But I get it. I'll likely try to sell locally since obviously people are more trusting when they know someone. But still wanted to make sure the ins and outs of transferring etc..
If you were to head over into the Theme Park forum you could pose the question of how to transfer tickets within your family & friends list and just leave out the whole issue of selling them.... I'm not 100% clear on how close they need to be in your list --- my family includes my hubby, my kids & their spouses. I had it set up so we could all see each others shared plans. We were able to make FP+ (and cancel them, BRATS!) for each other and anyone could make dining reservations that included anyone within the list. I'm fairly certain that you will be able to re-assign the tickets with a few simple clicks but over in the other forum you'll get accurate info.
*** i took pity on you and found the info direct from the horse's mouth so to speak .. AKA Robo
""Transferring" a ticket to another person.
An "unused" ticket can be used by the original ticker holder, or given away to anyone else, or sold to anyone else.
This is true even if the ticket has been connected to a MyDisneyExperience account, but has yet to be used by anyone.
That ticket can still be transferred via MyDisneyExperience to another guest who connects to the original ticket holder's MyDisneyExperience account."

If you're willing to find someone who is prepared to take the extra time needed then they will be a "friend" :P

If you were to head over into the Theme Park forum you could pose the question of how to transfer tickets within your family & friends list and just leave out the whole issue of selling them.... I'm not 100% clear on how close they need to be in your list --- my family includes my hubby, my kids & their spouses. I had it set up so we could all see each others shared plans. We were able to make FP+ (and cancel them, BRATS!) for each other and anyone could make dining reservations that included anyone within the list. I'm fairly certain that you will be able to re-assign the tickets with a few simple clicks but over in the other forum you'll get accurate info.
*** i took pity on you and found the info direct from the horse's mouth so to speak .. AKA Robo
""Transferring" a ticket to another person.

An "unused" ticket can be used by the original ticker holder, or given away to anyone else, or sold to anyone else.
This is true even if the ticket has been connected to a MyDisneyExperience account, but has yet to be used by anyone.
That ticket can still be transferred via MyDisneyExperience to another guest who connects to the original ticket holder's MyDisneyExperience account."

If you're willing to find someone who is prepared to take the extra time needed then they will be a "friend" :P

Thank you!

Forgot to mention that once you re-assign the tickets you can go into your profile and make it private again so no one has access to your information :D

Thank you again! So they would be able to make their FP+ etc... but not see my CC, address etc? How do they sign into my MDE? I'm assuming I have to give them my email and password?

Thank you again! So they would be able to make their FP+ etc... but not see my CC, address etc? How do they sign into my MDE? I'm assuming I have to give them my email and password?
Once they have their own account you will send them an invitation to be part of your Family & Friend list and then re-assign the tickets. At that point you can then make your profile private again and then your information is hidden from them.

There is actually some fairly detailed information on the Disney site about this
MDE Family & Friends List & Privacy settings

Sorry to hijack but I have a similar question....

I have tickets that are not linked, that I was thinking today I may want to sell (to someone I know) but am curious about the guest services step. The confirmation info that I have is all in my name, will guest services question the name on the confirmation not matching the name of the person activating the tickets?

I'm sad to see that you're planning on selling. I know you've been working hard over the last while trying to make a trip work for next year. :(
No way you can keep them for some day down the road?

I'm sad to see that you're planning on selling. I know you've been working hard over the last while trying to make a trip work for next year. :(
No way you can keep them for some day down the road?

We're going to go. There was a complication that came up but we managed to work out. We've had to change our dates and renegotiate lodging but we're still going!

I lost mine. I had a package without knowing it was a package. I booked a room at ASMo and also added the tickets. Then FD came out and I booked at ASSp. When I had my TA try to cancel the ASMo room they took away the tickets too.

I lost mine. I had a package without knowing it was a package. I booked a room at ASMo and also added the tickets. Then FD came out and I booked at ASSp. When I had my TA try to cancel the ASMo room they took away the tickets too.

Whenever you book a room with tickets or dining plan, it's automatically a package. If I want a room-only and tickets from WDW, I book them separately so that it doesn't become a package.

There's nothing they can do?!

If you booked a FD package I believe you likely lost the discounted tickets because FD requires rack rate room and non-discounted tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter