• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you walk to DOWNTOWN FROM Okw?

Yes, there is a nice paved walkway that starts behind building 56 at South Point and follows the Trumbo Canal along the golf course. It passes the old Treehouse Villas on the way towards SSR.

The entire walk is about a mile from OKW to Cirque and will take 15-20 minutes. It is a pleasant daytime walk, but the path is not lighted, so I would not suggest taking this route after dark.

Enjoy!

The path is actually closed at night. There's a sign posted. I forget the exact wording but it's something like 'Pathway closed after dark". It's located when coming back from DD to OKW, and is just past the SSR turnoff. The parts from DD to SSR are lit enough that you could still use that section after dark.

However, if going from SSR to DD it's much shorter to use the new path that you can follow. (Go up to the quiet pool, face DD, turn left, and you'll eventually find it. It goes to the DD bus stop area.

In any case you wouldn't want to walk the OKW path in the dark, even if you had a flashlight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter