Canadian discount passes

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
I've read all the fine print and I see you need to prove Canadian residence to use the passes (at least the first time).
I assume a drivers license will work.
A friend I am travelling with lives in Canada but has a USD passport (dual citizen). Want to be sure the Canadian drivers license will not cause issues?

Also, I assume children do not require this proof? Even with an adult ticket (11 Year old).

Drivers license should be fine. I would take along a recent bill of some sort with her address and name on it as well (just in case). If you got a picky CM they could require ID for your 11 year old but I haven't heard of it happening. So long as their last name is the same as one of the two adults you should be fine.

I have heard that people under 18 need to show their passport as well - I will be bringing all of ours the first day for myself, my husband and my teenage children.

We needed to show passports for everyone, kids included.

The tickets require "Canadian residency", not citizenship, so valid, government issued photo ID is all that is required. The driver's license should be fine. But since kids don't have alternate photo ID, we used passports for them.

Thanks all for the info! The kids will have their Canadian passports so that won't be an issue to have for the first day when we validate the passes.
As for the other traveler in our group, I'll tell her to bring a recent bill or something in addition to her driver's license just as extra proof.
THANKS!!

Does anyone know if you can activate at ANY guest relations? Or just MK/DS?

I was told any guest relations at park or DS
But because mine are attached to a room reservation, they didnt require id and our passes were valid to use right away. (Dec 30, 2017)

When we used them last year it was just MK and DS!

Ugh that sucks. Our first park day will be AK.

I was told any guest relations at park or DS
But because mine are attached to a room reservation, they didnt require id and our passes were valid to use right away. (Dec 30, 2017)

Were they the discounted tickets? We have the discounted ones plus a room reservation but I think technically they are not a package?

The website says this now
  • All adult Guests must present valid proof of Canadian residency that includes government-issued photo ID to exchange the certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park ticket window or Guest Relations prior to first use.
So, it seems like you could do it at AK at the ticket window since it just says 'theme park ticket window'! I would just call and double check, if I were you. We made a point of going to Disney Springs the night we arrived just to get it out of the way and make sure we were good to go.

Thanks @hswillia07 was having troubles tracking that down. I would rather go the night before as well, but we don't land until something like 8pm so by the time we get to the resort and settled I think it will be too late.

You can do this at ANY Guest Services location -- so the 4 theme parks and DS, and any ticket booth. Most Guest Service locations are INSIDE the park so you will need to go to the ticket booth. Which resort are you staying at -- if you are in any of the monorail resorts you could even head over to the TTC and show your ID there since it isn't busy after the morning rush. If you're at any of the resorts on the Boardwalk you can head over to the International Gateway and use those Ticket booths since they are usually fairly quiet as well. There will be at least one ticket booth open until the park closes if you do decide to head to one of those the night you get in. Have a blast!

Were they the discounted tickets? We have the discounted ones plus a room reservation but I think technically they are not a package?[/QUOTE said:
Yes. Call back ask for canadian ticket package. They attach it rather than sending u park vouchers. Check in get magic band go to park :)
Our package is called “Canadian resident ticket magic your way package” it was the package less 20% off the value of the 5 day tickets

I booked a room only reservation and purchased the Canadian tickets separately (through Disney) but I didn’t get a voucher and the tickets were automatically linked. I wonder if that means we won’t have to activate them?

I booked a room only reservation and purchased the Canadian tickets separately (through Disney) but I didn’t get a voucher and the tickets were automatically linked. I wonder if that means we won’t have to activate them?
This is our status, too, and I've been trying to figure out if we need to go activate them. We're staying at POFQ so it's not a huge deal to pop over to DS after check in but I'd rather skip it if we don't need to.

I noticed the wording on the ticket sales site says that all adults using these tickets need to show ID, but several people above reported that kids had to show ID too (not a big deal, just an inconsistency that makes me wonder about the accuracy of any of it).

But then in the general ticket FAQ (which my account says I should refer to if I have questions about my ticket) it says " Once your ticket has been linked to your Disney account, and you have matched the ticket to yourself, all you have to do is go to the theme park or water park, touch your MagicBand or card to the touch point at the Main Entrance and enjoy your visit!"

I guess the question is, has anyone staying onsite gone straight to the park and had it NOT work? We are pondering rope dropping our first morning so if there's any doubt about it working I'd rather deal with it the night before than when we're rushing that morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter