Canadian Disney Gift Cards

In the past few days it seems Disney gift cards have started to hit stores in Canada!! I have found them at:

Sobey's & Shoppers Drug Mart.

Just wondering if anyone has located them in other stores? Now we just need some discount offers like our American friends.

I can't even explain the joy that you have brought me, Datney. :rotfl2: I've hit up two Shopper's Drug Marts already. And had to explain my crazy reaction to someone in the gift card aisle.

I have a question for anyone ---

I thought that I was going to see the exchange right at the moment of purchase. So if I go to the Disney card site and check my card it will give me the balance in American funds there, correct?

I thought that I was going to see the exchange right at the moment of purchase. So if I go to the Disney card site and check my card it will give me the balance in American funds there, correct?

Was so excited about the cards, I barely read the posts. I got it. You get the exchange when you actually use it. :drinking1

Was so excited about the cards, I barely read the posts. I got it. You get the exchange when you actually use it. :drinking1
Yes. When you chose to make a payment via gift card and type the card number in, it tells you the US$ value. I was so excited too, now I find myself checking every store I go in for gift cards!

I was just in the shoppers in London Ontario yesterday and did a double take ... this is great!

Disney Stores sell the gift cards.
Is there any reason it's better to buy from other merchants? Are they discounted, or can you earn points / air miles?

I saw $25-$500 cards today at Shopper's Drug Mart. Does anyone know if I can use SDM gift cards (so I can earn Optimum points) to purchase Disney gift cards? Between Optimum promotions (20x today) and my cash back credit card, it could soften the blow of an expensive vacation plan. I'm doubtful, but I figured I'd ask.
edit: or, apparently in November they run points on GC promotions. :earsboy:

Last edited:
I went through Victoria yesterday 2 Rexalls, a Shoppers, and a Canadian Tire. Nada.

Today I went to Walmart in Duncan and found the $25 ones. I’d need 153!!

Then I went to the CT in Duncan and jackpot!! $25-500 ones! I hit my daily debit limit with three cards left I go, so I’ll go back tomorrow and finish it off.

Pretty excited I must say!

This is awesome news! I get 4X the points on my credit card when I shop at Grocery Stores...and still have to pay off my RO for next months trip. So rather than earning $30 worth of travel on my credit card, I’ll earn like $120! Every little bit helps, especially for spending money in the parks! Sobeys, here I come!

This is awesome news! I get 4X the points on my credit card when I shop at Grocery Stores...and still have to pay off my RO for next months trip. So rather than earning $30 worth of travel on my credit card, I’ll earn like $120! Every little bit helps, especially for spending money in the parks! Sobeys, here I come!
Is there a way to prepay a rooms only reservation, or would you just buy the gift cards in advance and use when you get there.

Is there a way to prepay a rooms only reservation, or would you just buy the gift cards in advance and use when you get there.

I was going to call this week and see. I’ll start with a low amount ($20) and see if it works.

Two and a half weeks before our last trip, our house was broken into and aside from some jewelry and prescription drugs, the only thing that was taken was my two $10 Disney gift cards! So, I don’t trust myself to carry thousands of dollars in gift cards around, so I’ll try it and if it works I’ll make the purchase and payments within minutes of each other.

Right! So, I get 2% back on my purchases at grocery stores, so that's not nothing. If SDM rewards don't work out, I might as well save 2% on a vacation! It's better than nothing.

I was going to call this week and see. I’ll start with a low amount ($20) and see if it works.

Two and a half weeks before our last trip, our house was broken into and aside from some jewelry and prescription drugs, the only thing that was taken was my two $10 Disney gift cards! So, I don’t trust myself to carry thousands of dollars in gift cards around, so I’ll try it and if it works I’ll make the purchase and payments within minutes of each other.

Yes, I'd do this too, but also because I'd want to be sure that there wasn't any problems doing so. I'd rather remedy initially than find out when it's trip time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!