Canadian Park Hopper?????

Manning2002

Earning My Ears
Hey All...Going to WDW Nov 2/02 and still waiting to buy our park hopper tickets....there are four of us going, anyone know of any GREAT SPECIALS...is Disney going to offer special pricing.....and someone PLEASE...PLEASE...tell me more about Canadian $$$ at par

Thanks Cole

67 Days till we go...

Hi, we're keeping our fingers crossed for this deal too! In the past it's been a 7-day hopper with 4 plus features and last year it inlcuded a character breakfast. It's a buy one, get the next 1/2 price type of deal. I was reviewing the posts on this board last year and the deal seemed to become available around the 3rd week in October, so it may be a bit before we hear yet.

Usually the deal becomes available in October for use starting in mid November to late April, sometimes very early May. We bought these tickets in 2001 and 2002, we love TOTAL DISNEY DAYS! S

Usually the info on the pass deal isn't available until about mid September. Of course there is no guarantee that there will be an offer, but you can check with your local Disney Store (there are 2 in Calgary) around the middle of next month( they don't have info yet). Disney Store sells 5 and 7 day hopper plus passes on a regular basis and even if there isn't a promo, you still save money buying them there because they are sold at a really good exchange rate (for eg. the 5 day hopper is sold at about a 45% exchange rate!)

Hello,
We are going Nov 2-Nov 11th. I have this info on hopper passes:

The Disney store gave we a quote yesterday of 5 days hopper pass adult/380.00 & child/303.00 and 7 day adult/472.00 & child/380.00.

Maritime Marlin Holiday offers the 5 day pass at a higher rate but, the 7 day is a bit cheaper- adult/469.00 and child/379.

I am going to wait and see if WDW offers us Canadians and great specials for that time period. As of yeaterday WDW are offering rooms at par, but because they are at rack rate, the prices we have already are actually cheaper. It's worth checking into!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

CountryDuck,

The prices you got from the Disney Store (Dartmouth I assume), were they for plain park hoppers or park hopper plus (with flex options)? Is there HST on top of that price?

Which resort will you be staying at for your trip?

Inga

Inga

Good questions. I just called back to find out for sure.

They are the prices for the Hopper Pass pluss with taxes include. The manager of the store told me that they have been waiting for over a year because for a new higher price.

I guess the question is now, should I get them or wait to see if the have any specials. They are non refundable.

What should we do?:confused:

We are goiung to stay at the Poly Nov 3-6 and AKL Nov 7-10th.

Well let's get out the calculator...

I believe the 5 day park hopper plus is based on a price of 247US (no tax charged for us Canadians for some reason), which at 380CDN put the exchange rate at about 1.54...not bad. Even if there is a price change (ticket or rate), you are still saving the tax.

If you are able to buy the plain park hopper tickets, this would peg the price at about $333 CDN each.

If the 7 day hopper deal is in place, this would put be about $355 CDN per ticket.....but you get 2 extra days and 2 extra flex options.

You need to decide 2 things: 1) Are you going to use the flex options and 2) will you use the full 7 days on your trip. If the answer is yes to both...I would wait to see of the 7 day deal comes through. We are going in Nov as well, and I think with are going to hold off buying tickets just yet.

I saw on a different thread how to got the rate for the Poly/AKL. Hold on to that reservation with dear life! Great shopping!

Inga

How long are you going for and when? Are you thinking 5 or 7 day passes?

Does this make sense?

Sun Nov 3rd early check in if possible @ Poly- maybe Epcot/pool etc.
Mon the 4th- MK
Tues the 5th-Epcot
Weds the 6th- MK

Have to check out when the fireworks are and alos want to go to a wate rpark depending on weather!

Thurs the 7th -Check in AKL / golf/ pool/
Fri the 8th-AKL
Sat the 9th- AKL
Sun the 10th - MGM/ What ever we missed or want to see again!

Check out 11th- Seaworld/ Drive to Miami to catch plane in PM-

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!:D

CountryDuck,

Our group (4 of us) is going Nov 9-19. At this point I am leaning towards 5 day hoppers for a few reasons :

1) we have seen most of WDW a few times...so, only need to visit (or re-visit many times) the things want to see again

2) Planning on 1-2 days at Universal (can I say there here??)

3) Rest days....learned this the hard way. BUT.....if the 7 days hopper deal is roughly the same price as the 5 day hopper.....I'll buy the 7 day deal.

Enough about me....let's talk about your trip.

Hmmmm.....first time to Disney eh? Hmmmm...kids eh? Ok, hear is my 2 cents (please other comment, opinions are welcome)...

1) Wed/Thurs should be a full rest day or 1/2 Day Downtown Disney. You are staying at two great resorts....take advantage on what they have to offer for a day or two. Your feet will thank you. Pacing the kids and yourself will have long term vacation benefits. I think that is partly what you are doing with Thurs already. 1/2 Water park is good idea as well .....but Nov will be a little chilly.

2) Your last day...checking out with bags, going to SeaWorld, then driving down to Maimi to catch a plane....toooo much for one day. That's a 4 hour drive plus check-in time. SeaWorld is a great park that requires a good day to catch most of the shows. Put this on a different day.

3) AK is another great park, but only requires 1 day to do.

4) MGM deserves more attention on your schedule. Fantasmic is a must to see in the evening.

5) Thumbs up for hitting MK twice during the week. Also plan on an e-night during the week on a non rest day....rest after : )

6) If you only buy 5 hopper, don't use it for just a 1/2 day on your check-in or check-out dates.... do other things Downtown Disney, Golf, pool, etc. On 7 day hopper, you may have no choice but to use on 1/2 days given your trip duration.

7) Plan on coming back to the resort for mid afternoon break (pool for kids), then go out an close those parks.

All and all it looks great.....you are going to have a wonderful time. One question, what is the deal flying in/out of Miami?

Inga

The best deal I've found is this one:
http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/maple.html

the Maple Leaf outlet (no Canuck connection ...btw) is conveniently located in Kissimmee and the prices are the best around.
You can buy them online but why pay upfront when you can pick them up when you get there (the good thing is they never run out!).

wee-haggis,

Interesting......that works out to about the same price you pay at the Disney store (in Canada).

Maple Leaf outlet - 5 day hopper plus - $245US
Disney Store - 5 day hopper plus - $247 (converted from 380CDN)

I'll bookmark that link........Inga

You might consider joinging the Disney Club too. The membership is $39 U.S. (29 to renew), but it pays for itself in the purchasing of tickets.

If you check with your Disney store, they can give you the Canadian price on both regular prices and Disney Club prices.

We have found that the more days you purchase, the cheaper the daily rates get and the tickets never expire.

For example the 7 day park hopper plus is 471 Can, but only 447.31 at Disney club rates.

The club also offers discounts on merchandise and dining.

Camerons

Sounds like we're paying too much extra for plus features which we don't use in Jan/Feb due to the cool weather and closing of Blizzard Beach, etc.

The following are the prices (includes taxes) I obtained over the last while:

5 day Park Hopper Plus at AMA ...
  • $258 US adult
  • $206 US child (ages 3-9)
5 day Park Hopper Plus at Disney Online (does not include shipping)...
  • $261.84 US - no discount
  • $249.12 US w/ Club discount
  • $208.83 US child - no discount
  • $199.29 US w/ Club discount
5 day Park Hopper Plus at the Disney Store ...
  • $379.69 CAN - no discount
  • $361.22 CAN w/ Club discount
  • $302.80 CAN child - no disc
  • $288.97 CAN w/ Club discount
If you take a 1.58 exchange rate, the passes through the Disney Store are the cheapest. Listed on the back of the Club Discounted 5 day Park Hopper Plus passes was the price of $235(US) + tax for the adult and $188 + tax for the child passes.

So how much went on the credit card yesterday at the Disney Store for 7 adult and 3 child passes ... how about $3395.45!!! :( :(

OUCH, F°o°z!!!! Sort of ruins any "savings" aspect you made, when you look at the final tally, like that, doesn't it. :(

Originally posted by TimNDansMom
OUCH, F°o°z!!!! Sort of ruins any "savings" aspect you made, when you look at the final tally, like that, doesn't it. :(

Savings???? :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Just added another Adult 5 day Park Hopper Plus pass to the total last week ... didn't I just hear a rumor that Disney just phased out some of the ticket discounts and raised the prices ... savings .... ???? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I was reading ALL Ears when it arrived on Tuesday and in the news bits section they noted that Disney had increased prices and parking was increased by $1. However no exact pass prices were listed.

I called the Disney store, as we are planning on purchasing 7 day park hopper plus passes (with disney club discount). The new price is listed, followed by the old price in brackets.

7 day plus
adult 471.89 (447.31)
child 358.16 (379.67)

The interesting thing about all this, is unless the girl quoted the wrong price, the new price is exactly what the old price was without Disney club discount.

It will now cost us $100 more for our family of 4 tickets.

Camerons

Well I just called the Disney store again because I thought it was weired that the "new"prices are what the original non club discount prices were.

The person on the phone was great! He confirmed that the prices here had not yet increased. They only sell 5 and 7 day regular and plus tickets and there is a special conversion rate used to make the prices a little lower.

He said he has just come back two weeks ago and a single day admission was $48 US WOW!

So, false alarm it appears that the disney club prices and canadian resident prices at the disney store have not changed, but at the park they went up this week.

Camerons

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter