Canadian resident DLR ticket-adding days after purchase?

22Tink

BC, Canada
I've already purchased a 3 day Canadian resident ticket and now we've decided to add a day. I called this evening and spoke to a ticketing CM who said it's not possible to add a day over the phone and that I'd have to do it at the ticket booth upon arrival. We aren't going till August but the discount expires tomorrow so I wanted to add the day before that. Anyone have any recent experience with this? Should I call back and try a different CM or is it actually not a thing to upgrade over the phone? I had no problems adding days to my WDW ticket last year. I realize they're different but I thought they'd be able to add days at DLR too?

If it’s just a ticket (not a package with room reservation), can’t you just cancel your existing tickets and buy the 4-day tickets?

If it’s just a ticket (not a package with room reservation), can’t you just cancel your existing tickets and buy the 4-day tickets?
I don’t think you can cancel tickets at Disneyland, at least he didn’t give me that option. I know they work things differently than WDW but I was really surprised they couldn’t just add a day over the phone like WDW.

I would try calling again. If you aren't going until Aug, more than likely, you will have to buy 4 day tickets at regular price, and they will refund you the price of your discounted 3 day tickets.

I would try calling again. If you aren't going until Aug, more than likely, you will have to buy 4 day tickets at regular price, and they will refund you the price of your discounted 3 day tickets.
I did call again tonight and got the same answer unfortunately. They cannot make any changes to the ticket over the phone so I’ll have to go to the ticket booth and hope they’ll give me the discount or do the purchase/refund like you said. If not, full price for the extra day. So frustrating that they can’t make ticket adjustments over the phone like WDW. It was so easy to change my WDW tickets last year.

I did call again tonight and got the same answer unfortunately. They cannot make any changes to the ticket over the phone so I’ll have to go to the ticket booth and hope they’ll give me the discount or do the purchase/refund like you said. If not, full price for the extra day. So frustrating that they can’t make ticket adjustments over the phone like WDW. It was so easy to change my WDW tickets last year.
I don't think they'll give you the discount in Aug. They'll let you add the extra day but they'll charge you difference between what you paid and the current 4 day ticket price. So you'll lose the discount unfortunately.

I don't think they'll give you the discount in Aug. They'll let you add the extra day but they'll charge you difference between what you paid and the current 4 day ticket price. So you'll lose the discount unfortunately.
Yep that’s what I’m expecting.

A possible alternative - Depending on your dates there may be a Disneyland After Dark ticketed event. These are limited ticket events so the crowds are lighter but it is one park and not all the rides operate. While the tickets are expensive when you look at the number of hours I doubt they are more than the cost of upgrading a discounted ticket. It does not give you an extra full day park hopper but does give you a different experience. We did Animal Kingdom After Hours not that long ago and you could walk on all the rides. (Animal Kingdom is not as popular as the Safari ride and any animal experiences are closed for this event)

A possible alternative - Depending on your dates there may be a Disneyland After Dark ticketed event. These are limited ticket events so the crowds are lighter but it is one park and not all the rides operate. While the tickets are expensive when you look at the number of hours I doubt they are more than the cost of upgrading a discounted ticket. It does not give you an extra full day park hopper but does give you a different experience. We did Animal Kingdom After Hours not that long ago and you could walk on all the rides. (Animal Kingdom is not as popular as the Safari ride and any animal experiences are closed for this event)
Thanks I’ll keep my eye out for that. We’re going August so we’ll see. We did the Animal Kingdom after hours event last year and we actually really enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!