Canadian resident tickets and magic bands question

nodes101

Earning My Ears
We bought the canadian tickets deal a few weeks ago for a trip in October for a stay at OKW. We've also ordered our magic bands. I'm told we have to activate or register the tickets when we get there and show proof that we are canadian. Is that still the case if we link them to our magic bands? how would that work? Can we do it when we arive at the resort or does it have to be at a park?

Also, we'll be driving down and will actually be in the area the day before our stay starts. I know check in will be around 4pm but i'm wondering can we pickup our magic bands at the resort early in the morning 8ish? so we can go to a park the first day and not miss the entire morning?

Go to your resort in the morning to checkin and to get your MB. If your room is ready, great! Otherwise, you will have the option of getting a text or email when the room is ready and you will be able to go straight to it with your MB as your key when you return from the parks.

If your luggage arrive via Disney Magical Express and you did put the yellow tag on, they will eventually arrive in your room. If you have left luggage at bell service, you can call and they will bring them to you.

For the tickets, you can link them now in the MDE application. With your tickets and resort stay linked in MDE, you will be able to reserve your FastPass at 7AM 60 days before arrival. You will need to present the tickets (print or screenshot on your phone, maybe MB will do) and your passports at the Guest Relation booth near the entrance of the park. No other way to activate them.

You must go to Guest Services with your ID. We used our Canadian passports. There is often a line at Guest Services in the morning so be sure to allow time if you want to enter the park before rope drop. We went last April on a fairly quiet week and were in line approx 25 mins at Guest Services.

Hi..
So glad to see I'm not the only one having these problems. My little one wants The Mal magic band. It's never in stock. When it is and I tried to order it I get all the way to the payments page and then an error has occurred. I have noticed a couple times that my credit card is charged $0. I've called them twice and been on the phone for over half an hour each time with no resolution. So from what I'm seeing on this website I have a. ordered a US funds credit card B, I'm going to try using a different browser C, I've checked my profile to make sure everything is spelled out correctly and nothing's missing in all looks okay. Now I just have to see it out comes back in stock. So my worry is now with my dining reservation date coming up soon, if my credit card is not linking up and allowing me to buy her premium magic band, am I going to have an issue making my online reservations? Because there's some that sell out quickly, and I don't want to miss my window on booking certain restaurants. Has anyone had an issue making online reservations with the same problems they're having with their magic bands? Or is that not going to happen with my dining plans?

Hi..
So glad to see I'm not the only one having these problems. My little one wants The Mal magic band. It's never in stock. When it is and I tried to order it I get all the way to the payments page and then an error has occurred. I have noticed a couple times that my credit card is charged $0. I've called them twice and been on the phone for over half an hour each time with no resolution. So from what I'm seeing on this website I have a. ordered a US funds credit card B, I'm going to try using a different browser C, I've checked my profile to make sure everything is spelled out correctly and nothing's missing in all looks okay. Now I just have to see it out comes back in stock. So my worry is now with my dining reservation date coming up soon, if my credit card is not linking up and allowing me to buy her premium magic band, am I going to have an issue making my online reservations? Because there's some that sell out quickly, and I don't want to miss my window on booking certain restaurants. Has anyone had an issue making online reservations with the same problems they're having with their magic bands? Or is that not going to happen with my dining plans?
I used to have this happen when they released the upgraded magic bands. I booked a room for three, and only tried to order the upgraded magic and for 1-2 of us at a time. It never worked. I successfully ordered 1 magic band for 2 days I had a room for a conference. I ordered magic bands a month ago for my March trip with no issue. I did order an upgraded one for both of us going at the same time. Don’t know if that is what glitched me up before?

Hi all.

I will be redeeming the same Canadian deal tickets for a trip starting on March 4th.

We'll probably arrive at the hotel around 11am and will be eager to get to the parks. After dropping our carry-on bags at bell services, is there any point checking in at the front desk? Or should we just use the e-check-in through the My Disney Experience App and head to the parks?

Sounds like ticket activation has to be at the park, not the hotel, so may as well skip one more line if we can!

Thanks.

My experience in 2017:
We were off Disney Fantasy and arrived at the Beach Club around 10:30 am by DCL transfer. We did online check-in. I think there were two lines, one for those who did online check-in. A CM greeted us with a tablet to confirm our reservation info. Then we finished our check-in at front desk and got our magic bands. Since we arrived early, our room was not ready. We left luggage with Bell Service and went to the park. We visited Universal before the cruise and went to DS to activate our tickets ahead of time, so we didn’t have to activate our tickets on our first day at WDW.

Yes, you can check in, drop off luggage and go to the park before official check-in time. I think Bell Service will take you luggage. But if you need your magic bands, you have to check in with front desk.

Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter