Canadian Trying to get a Chinese visa

kuzco-like

Earning my ears
I hope that someone out there can help me. I'm in the process of filling out the online visa application form for China (from the Chinese consulate, not CIBT...I didn't realize that CIBT works with Canadian passports, too), and I'm stuck on one of the questions. When I select to indicate that I'm traveling as part of a group, and not an independent traveler, the form then requires me to enter the Chinese travel agency's name and license number. I can't find that information anywhere, and neither could Parker at the ABD office when I called in. I know that there have been posts about using Wild China vs Dreams as the inviter. But the wording on this form is so specific that it's looking for a Chinese travel agency. Anyone been through this process and have any ideas? Thanks.
PS: I'd switch over to using CIBT, but I've started the process online, including entering my passport number. I don't know if that might screw up applying through CIBT.

@Karen Stevan can you help out here?

I'll check, but I'm pretty sure on my application it was ABD's name & license number.

Also, let me find CIBT's Customer service number for you. They're great about answering questions, and can tell you if they can take over the application process at this point. I know here in the States, you cannot just do the application online. You have to fill it all out, and then physically take it to a Consulate for them to issue it. That's the main reason I went with CIBT, because there's no Consulate closer than a 3.5 hour drive each way from where I live.

Sayhello

ETA: CIBT Customer Service: 1-800-406-1523 or customerservice@cibtvisas.com

Last edited:
Thanks, sayhello! Yes, I'm "lucky" here that there is a Chinese consulate about 45 minutes away. I went to the consulate website, and navigated to the online form, which you have to fill in before going into the office. I might just have to switch to CIBT, though, if I can't figure out this travel agency thing.

Thanks, sayhello! Yes, I'm "lucky" here that there is a Chinese consulate about 45 minutes away. I went to the consulate website, and navigated to the online form, which you have to fill in before going into the office. I might just have to switch to CIBT, though, if I can't figure out this travel agency thing.
That's a lot of extra money for one darned field!! :( Isn't there any sort of help line or customer service listed on the consulate website??

Sayhello

http://ca.china-embassy.org/eng/lsyw/gzrz/lxwm/

IV. Contact information

Tel: 613-789 3434 ext 232 (3:30pm-5:30pm by operator, during the rest of the day by auto-attendant)

Fax: 613 -789 1414

http://ca.china-embassy.org

Email: consulate.can@gmail.com

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter