Cancel with less than 45 days to go

karaintn

Mouseketeer
I have a vacation package booked for the first week of October, so less than 45 days away. I have paid the balance due. It’s for 4 nights at HRH and 2 Park tickets for 5 people. I now need to cancel and everything I can find on this site and the Uni site tells me there’s just a $200 cancellation fee. My TA says it’s $200+one nights stay. Who is right? If my TA is correct, where is that info coming from?

Thanks!

I have a vacation package booked for the first week of October, so less than 45 days away. I have paid the balance due. It’s for 4 nights at HRH and 2 Park tickets for 5 people. I now need to cancel and everything I can find on this site and the Uni site tells me there’s just a $200 cancellation fee. My TA says it’s $200+one nights stay. Who is right? If my TA is correct, where is that info coming from?

Thanks!

Just found this under "taxes and fees" on the vacation package booking page:

Cancellation Fee for Bookings:
DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL - PENALTIES

46 days or more - Full refund^

45-0 days - $200 fee per reservation, plus fees imposed by hotel, airline and/or other components

^Additional Terms & Conditions apply regarding transactions including air travel, Halloween Horror Nights, Blue Man Group, VIP Tours and Discovery Cove.

Refunds:
Please allow 2-3 weeks for processing refunds.

So, maybe the hotel charges for one night stay as well? I would check your hotel website.

Thanks! I found that page, and I also looked at the HRH policies (which states full refund up till a week out, I think). So I've asked my TA where her info comes from. I'm hoping she's confusing some WDW policy with the Uni policy.

What does it say in your original booking email from Uni and/or her?

Usually there's a deposit held for a package and a night held back for a room-only. Doesn't make sense for it to be both.

Except that SHE might have an extra cancellation fee, and that really had better be in her original booking email to you if she wants it to happen.

Thanks, all. We got it worked out. She said that she got them to "waive" the one night's stay penalty. I'm not sure if there ever really was one, but since I don't have to pay it I'm not going to investigate further.

Thanks, all. We got it worked out. She said that she got them to "waive" the one night's stay penalty. I'm not sure if there ever really was one, but since I don't have to pay it I'm not going to investigate further.
Glad you got it resolved. Hope that you can reschedule at a later date!:goodvibes

I think the only way there would be a one night's stay penalty in addition to the other penalty would be if you were cancelling within 6 days of arrival. That is when Loews has their cancellation fees click in.

The op said she canceled and rebooked for November

It was a happy ending for her!
No penalty fees
I know it worked for her, but I thought at Disney, for instance, it would be cheaper to just change your booking to a date in the future rather than cancel and get charged the cancellation fee (which is higher than the change fee, in the case of Disney). The room penalty, which OP did not get charged, seemed to be on top of the the $200 cancellation fee.

The two companies have different policies

Loews will work with those that need to adjust or make changes on the bookings

I know it worked for her, but I thought at Disney, for instance, it would be cheaper to just change your booking to a date in the future rather than cancel and get charged the cancellation fee (which is higher than the change fee, in the case of Disney). The room penalty, which OP did not get charged, seemed to be on top of the the $200 cancellation fee.

Did she say she didn't get charged the $200 cancellation fee? I thought she just got resolved that she didn't have to pay the one night's balance fee.

I agree with you that if she did get charged the cancellation fee, she should have just got charged a change fee unless there was most to it than is posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter