Canceling Dinning Plan ?

te2077

Mouseketeer
We may cancel the dinning plan. I think it may just be too much food for us plus im paying for 3 meals out of pocket on top of our credits. Im going to go to all ears to add up what the costs would be to see if we would actually save or if it would be the same. I havent quite decided yet. Still ironing some things out.

My question is if im still 165 some days out can i cancel the dinning plan without loosing my adr's ? Also does it matter if i change resorts after making my adrs?

Thank so much for the help.

Offsite guests are allowed to make ADRs, you don't have to be in dining plan and won't loose your ADRs.

Your ADRs are tied to your home phone number. THey are not tied to the dining plan or to your resort. You can delete dining plan or change resort without changing ADRs.

Price things out carefully. We have the DDE from a previous trip, and still found that we "broke even" on the DDP. Also, if you keep the plan, be sure that you pay OOP for the cheapest meals (or otherwise get the best deal for your credits).

If it's too much food for you but you are paying for 3 meals OOP you may want to re-evaluate how you are using your credits.

Whatever you decide ... enjoy!

WDWO

Don't forget when you are pricing it out that the DP includes tax and tip (for TS.)

Are you doing any meals that can be shared? At a few places last year, DH and I shared an adult meal and our boys shared a kids' meal, that way it wasn't too much food. We did this at 50's PTC, San Angel Inn, and Marrakesh that I can remember now, there may have been one more. We did leave an extra tip but we didn't have any problems at all doing this.

We have the dining plan and have atleast 3 ts meals that we will be paying for out of pocket (we enjoy the ts meals more than the cs meals). So we have chosen the least expensive meals to pay for out of pocket using our DDE to save some money.

In the past we have not gone with the Dining Plan becuase we thought it would cost too much. However when deciding to either go with free dining or a room disocunt we opted for the free dining as we figured it would probably save us money in the long run.

we decided to keep the dinning plan. However I looked at my credit card today and even though im on the dinning plan i was already charged the full price for CRT breakfast. Its ok because i was going to pay oop anyway, i just didnt think they would charge me upfront for the whole meal since i told them i was on the plan. Is that normal? ill take a statement with me just in case i have a problem when i get there.

I wasnt charged since I told them I was on the plan. They did take my cc# as a guarentee though. I know I checked my statements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter