Cancellation policy at Vista Cay?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, thinking of Vista Cay for a few days. I had been checking on VRBO, trying to avoid some of the listings that have too many fees-I do like that you can read actual reviews on the units. Some places do not have a cancellation policy-in other words, you cancel, you loose all the money. Some (it seems like ones through direct owners), have cancel policies that give you up to 30 days prior to cancel, if you cancel within 30 days of checking in you loose all the $. Due to a family situation (illness), I'd feel more comfortable with being able to cancel closer to the arrival date-like a hotel does. Does anyone have suggestions of where to look for rentals that might have a more generous cancellation policy? I'm thinking if I can't find a unit at Vista Cay that offers that, I would end up booking one of the Marriott properties that are timeshares, but not go through an owner, book directly with Marriott. I would like to try Vista Cay, due to its closeness to Universal. Thanks!! Any suggestions, much appreciated!

Most privately owned properties have similar cancellation policies. They're not hotels and can't fill your space as easily as a hotel can. You can take out your own cancellation policy in case of an emergency with sites like insuremytrip.com .

I actually went directly to the vista cay website that is run by Millenium. (I think that's the name). Their cancellation policy is much better for us-1 night deposit at booking, if you cancel, I think it's within 3 days of arrival you get a full refund.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter