Cancellation Refund Delays

This problem is continuing to occur with the new resorts (Stella and Luna). I had made a reservation at Stella for November 2025 (yes, more than a year away!) with a $177 deposit, which I cancelled last week. I had also made a reservation at Surfside, and received my deposit refund within 24 hours of cancelling (it did appear and disappear as a "pending" charge before posting, but that's on Chase). When I didn't receive a refund for the Stella reservation, I called 888-320-6065, the number that was very helpfully posted earlier in this thread (thank you!)

After a 30-minute wait on hold, I got a representative who could see that the reservation had been cancelled but no refund issued. She said it is supposed to be automatic, but it wasn't in this case. She said she thinks this might be because the two new hotels are not set up yet for the automatic refund. When she tried to process the credit manually, she said the system was asking for a code that she does not have. She put me on hold to speak to a supervisor, then said she would need to call me back while they worked on it. I am waiting for that call back now.

Just a warning to anyone who needs to cancel a reservation at Stella/Luna: the way things stand right now, it sounds like you will not receive a deposit refund unless you call! Hopefully now they are aware of the glitch and will work on fixing it.

Sorry to hear that is happening with the new hotels. Thought everything was better as I recently cancelled a Aventura reservation and booked one at Cabana Bay with no refund issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter