• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Candelight Dinner Package and DDP?

Debi

<font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea
I'm booked for December, and we're seriously considering adding the DDP. My question is: can I use the DDP to pay for the Candelight Dinner Package? If so, will it take 1 dining credit or 2? Thanks!

Someone who is going in December needs to call Disney Dining and ask this question. It's a great question, and it's been asked and asked and asked -- but I have never seen an authoritative answer to it yet.

It would also be a helpful thing to add to the body of the outstanding FAQ thread -- not as an additional post, but as an edit to the first post, so people can find it.

Last year (2005), those on the Dining Plan were allowed to use a TS credit to pay for the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. IIRC, the number of TS credits required depended on the restaurant.

Will that be the case for this year? We'll have to wait and see - I doubt there will be any "official" info available until the packages are released for sale. Latest info on that (based on multiple reports from posters who have called WDW-Dine repeatededly in the last few weeks) is that the CP packages will not be released until mid-August.

Best wishes -

P.S. FWIW, I think the CP packages will be available to those on the DP paying with credits. Doubt Disney will make a change from last year and they are now allowing DP credits to pay for the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Just called Disney Dining to make ADRs for our November trip, and I think Carol is right. DD does NOT have any of the CP packages on their screens yet, so they don't know if they will be eligible for DDP.

I think Carol is right, because the CP packages were hugely popular last year on the dining plan and Disney doesn't usually throw out something that works well.

LBurg93 said:
Information on the packages will be released on Aug 26, 2006

How did you find that exact date? I've been subscribed to a thread over on theme park strategy and people have been calling almost daily getting so many different answers. I would love to know that is the date then I can stop making myself nuts daily! (at least till then) :rotfl:

rainy~daze said:
How did you find that exact date? I've been subscribed to a thread over on theme park strategy and people have been calling almost daily getting so many different answers. I would love to know that is the date then I can stop making myself nuts daily! (at least till then) :rotfl:

I called WDW tonight to make ressies for my up coming trip & one of the cm told me that information was going to be released on 8/26/06

FYI Information for special christmas day events will be announced on 6/28/06

LBurg93 said:
I called WDW tonight to make ressies for my up coming trip & one of the cm told me that information was going to be released on 8/26/06

FYI Information for special christmas day events will be announced on 6/28/06

Update: no special christmas day events released yet
Candellight Processional now going to be released on 7/31/06

Does anyone know if you can convert an existing December reservation (with the dining plan) to the candlelight package when they become available?
We have a large party (14) and booked Cellier and Chefs De France at the 180 day mark to make sure we can get a table CP or not.

cdtommie said:
Does anyone know if you can convert an existing December reservation (with the dining plan) to the candlelight package when they become available?
We have a large party (14) and booked Cellier and Chefs De France at the 180 day mark to make sure we can get a table CP or not.

I asked the same thing, it depends upon what they have available.

What is the Candle Light Dinner? I have never heard of that and I am going in December? It sounds like something I would like.

The above is a Christmas concert/pagent held in Epcot (the American pavillion) three times nightly. It starts in late Nov. through Christmas. You will find more information on www.allearsnet.com. The candlight dinner package is a special reservation at certain Epcot TS restaurants at certain price levels which reseves a seat for you in the pavillion. I hope this helps you. :wave2:

rcookiesnmilk said:
What is the Candle Light Dinner? I have never heard of that and I am going in December? It sounds like something I would like.
It's not a candllelight dinner.

It's a dinner package which includes reserved seating at the Candlelight Processional at the American Pavillion. CP is a reading of the Christmas story by a noted actor, accompanied by orchestra and choir with lots of Christmas carols. Very nice program; we saw Cicely Tyson last year and she was great.

CP itself is free, but you have to stand in a long line to get seats. The CP dinner packages give you a nice dinner and reserved seating.

If you pay cash, last year there were three tiers of pricing, depending on which restaurant you chose. I believe all of them were only one TS, which is a great deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the more popular ones go for 2 TSs this year.

Thank you for the information. I am sure it will increase. Disney doesn't give anyone anything for free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter