• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can't get a June ADR for Chef Mickey's - what's another good dinner choice?

Jeslynb

Mouseketeer
We have two boys, ages 4 and 6. Dinner suggestions?

We have breakfast at CP booked for one of the days. Would like to do one more character meal, preferably dinner. Suggestions?

Hmmm. There aren't that many dinner character meals, but there is one at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. The characters there would be Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, and the Ugly Stepsisters. This may sound girly, but some of the other dinners are too. There's Akershus (princesses), and Cinderella's Royal Table (princesses). You could do the Garden Grill at EPCOT. From what I understand, it has Mickey, Chip and Dale, and maybe Pluto. That's is all they have for dinner. I would say your best choices with boys are either Garden Grill or 1900 Park Fare. :thumbsup2

In 2008 we went to Garden Grill as an alternative to CM.

The character interactions were great! Chip, Dale, Pluto, and farmer Mickey.

The food, however, was just okay. The starter salad with greens from the Land greenhouses was fantastic, but the family-style dinner was just okay. It was not because it was family style, just wasn't super food. I will say they do a nice job with the kids meal including a decorate-your-own cupcake dessert, plus since it's family style everyone can just pick off the adult and kids plates.

You can book with Garden Grill for now and then keep trying for CM...something may open up.

The restuarant rotates...which was a big hit with my kids. We had gone on the Land ride right before dinner. Then we walked over for our ADR. Fortunately we got the lower level seating (only a two step difference)...but with the lower level you can see some of the scenes from the Land ride...and my kids (ages 3 and 5) loved it. Also, the character interaction is great!!!

I don't even know where the Garden Grille is, so that's good! Always nice to find something new. Thank you!

I also suggest to keep trying. I tried for 3 months to get a dinner reservation a Chef Mickeys for our trip this past Dec. I finally got one 1 week before we left. :)

I also suggest to keep trying. I tried for 3 months to get a dinner reservation a Chef Mickeys for our trip this past Dec. I finally got one 1 week before we left. :)

Good for you!:banana: We booked our May trip a few days ago, kind of last minute, at least by my standards and I've been taking whatever I can get when it comes to ADRs. I took a Chef Mickey's for 9pm....ugh, so not looking forward to that, but I can't go to the World and not dine at Chef Mickey's, kwim? Anyway, I've kept checking back every day since, several times a day, in hopes that an earlier time shall appear. I'm somewhat flexible in times, so even an hour earlier would help tremendously. I'll keep at it. You just never know.

We have two boys, ages 4 and 6. Dinner suggestions?

We have breakfast at CP booked for one of the days. Would like to do one more character meal, preferably dinner. Suggestions?

When are you going? I will be cancelling a June reservation for either 6/13 or 6/20 (I won't know until next week) at 5:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter