***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Farro

Argh.
Welcome to the Madcap May 2021 Crew!!!:flower1: :rose::flower::butterfly:daisy:

Aaaannnddd let's try this again!
:rotfl:

Welcome to everyone! If you are rescheduling a trip to May 2021 or booking a new trip for May 2021, we are happy to see you!

I'm Farro and I'm traveling with my guy!!! We will be celebrating 25 yrs together on our trip! Just the two of us and our cat Walnut 😍 , no kids, 46 (47 at time of trip, shhhh....) We were originally going May 2020, but had a bit of tragedy in our life which lead to cancelling and rebooking for 2021. And I'm so sad for everyone who may have had to cancel due to this horrible virus.

Please feel free to use this thread anyway you see fit! Talk, plan, gossip, laugh, cry (don't cry) and have fun! If you can think of anything else that would be useful in the first post, feel free to let me know and I can add it.

I've already made place-marks for information that will be added as it becomes available, and provided links to some useful threads.

Flower and Garden Festival!!! Dates added!!! :flower2::flower::daisy:
March 3rd- July 5th, 2021
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...f-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/
Flower/Garden Menus!!!
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival-booth-menus-and-food-photos/
Due to Covid-19, obviously we really don't know what the heck is going to be open in May as far as restaurants, rides, etc. Expect masks to still be in use. I would plan for the worst, hope for the best!

***New Attractions for May!!!***
**Beautiful new fountain at Epcot entrance!
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ebrates-the-past-present-and-future-of-epcot/
***Refurbishments during May***
TBD

***ALERTS***:

**Unfortunately Disney is discontinuing free Magic Bands for arrivals starting January, 2021:
https://blogmickey.com/2020/12/disn...plimentary-magicbands-beginning-january-2021/
Here are some great planning threads from these very boards! These contain TONS of useful information:

From the Disney Rumors and News Board, rteetz has a great thread (among many) about all the construction projects currently happening right now at the World - completions, expected completion and lots of commentary from other posters

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...orldwide-read-post-1-updated-2-23-19.3475627/

These next two are from the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies Board.
Robo's thread on everything you ever wanted to know about tickets. Lot's of great questions/answers. https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/

And mesaboy2's thread discussing everything fastpass +! Again, great information and you can ask questions! https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/

******************************************************************************************************

And here it is, The Madcap May Crew Trip List! Just post in the thread your dates and where you are staying (if you'd like) and I will add you to the list.

pooh2001 - 4/24-5/1 Pop Century
Kitty & Covs Covs - 4/30-5/3
DisneyFanJenn - 4/30-5/4 Gran Destino Tower (CSR)
jg130 - 4/30-5/5 Contemporary
CastAStone - 5/1-5/5 Art of Animation - Cars
hulagirl87 - 5/1-5/7 Art of Animation
Melissa58 - 5/1-5/8
JEng711 - 5/1-5/8 Bonnet Creek
sapphirerose915 - 5/1-5/9 hotel TBD
Tbiafore - 5/1-5/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Tinkerbelle83 - 5/2-5/6 Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo
lovegrumpy - 5/2-5/6 Old Key West
Wood Nymph - 5/2-5/7 Yacht Club
ThisIsJason - 5/2-5/8 Animal Kingdom Villas - Savannah view
Yahweh - 5/2-5/10 Polynesian Village and Riviera
BoatDriver - 5/2-5/11 Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower
Connor540 - 5/3-5/6
JoJoGirl - 5/3-5/7 Boardwalk Villas
sun2shine - 5/3-5/9 Pop Century
DL55 - 5/4-5/11 Caribbean Beach Resort
Elle :) - 5/5-5/15 BCV and OKW
magrudersmakes3 - 5/6-5/10 Saratoga Springs Resort
JBurke - 5/6-5/11 Coronado Springs Resort
hbrock4 - 5/6-5/13 Caribbean Beach Resort
MyDearMinnie - 5/6-5/15 Art of Animation
Tess - 5/6-5/14 Board Walk Villas
Penny McMouse 5/7-5/14 Coronado Springs Resort
canyoncam - 5/7-5/15 Pop Century/Saratoga Springs
ejw5 - 5/7-5/15 Beach Club
EpcotPhoenician - 5/7-5/15 Old Key West
disneydreamer781 - 5/7-5/27 Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo
DeaverTex - 5/8
Tessaf - 5/8-5/16 Grand Floridian - RPC
Weezerette - 5/8-5/16 Swan
Haley R- 5/9-5/12 Fort Wilderness
KGolf31- 5/9-5/13 Board Walk Villas
supamaki - 5/9-5/14 Swan
Rach73 - 5/9-5/14 Coronado Springs Resort
Dory II - 5/9-5/15 Animal Kingdom Lodge
robotsneedlove2 - 5/9-5/15 Boardwalk Villas
BGinCali - 5/9-5/15 Coronado Springs Resort
mickey916 - 5/9-5/16 Art of Animation
flea1267 - 5/9-5/16 Caribbean Beach Resort
Katie1174 - 5/9-5/18 Contemporary
Melana - 5/10-5/15 All Star Movies
acfbob - 5/10-5/17 Boardwalk Villas
julesann-5/11
CarolinaGator - 5/11-5/15 Caribbean Beach Resort
mara512 - 5/11-5/19 Polynesian Villas
kimberwee - 5/12-5/16 Grand Floridian
Jacq7414 - 5/13-5/16 Copper Creek Villas
Treewee3 - 5/13-5/19 Grand Floridian Villas
kanerf - 5/13-5/21 BRV, RR, OKW
babydoll65 - 5/14-5/18 Yacht Club
mocame- 5/14-5/21 Pop Century
Jarbo - 5/14-5/22 Beach Club Villas
spurk5532 - 5/15-5/21 Pop Century
Helvetica - 5/15-5/22 Riviera - Studio - standard view
LovingPooh - 5/15-5/22 Old Key West
WaitingForMyPrince - 5/15-5/29 BLT or Grand Floridian Villas
Mr. X - 5/16-5/21 Polynesian Village
A-Rose788 - 5/16-5/23 Caribbean Beach Resort
Liddypool- 5/17-5/22 Yacht Club
PennyW - 5/18-5/21 Polynesian Village
hsmamainva - 5/21-5/30 Off-site
MinD 5/21-5/31 Caribbean Beach Resort
pooki1 - 5/21-6/2 Old Key West
lcc2 - 5/22-5/26 Yacht Club
EsmeCullen - 5/22-5/27 Coronado Springs Resort
wonderchica - 5/22-5/28 CSR/Animal Kingdom Lodge
cgattis - 5/22-5/29 Art of Animation
jlwise - 5/22-5/29 Beach Club CL
patclairesmom - 5/22-5/31 Old Key West
Charade67 - 5/22-5/31 Art of Animation
DuchessandBerlioz - 5/23-6/1 Grand Floridian and Boardwalk Inn
kylenne - 5/28-6/4 Grand Floridian RPC and Polynesian Village CL
tinkerbelletreasure - 5/30-6/4 Caribbean Beach Resort
shosh1530 - 5/30-6/6 Beach Club
Castlequeen5 - 5/30-6/5
G719 - 5/31 (or 5/30) - 6/9

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this!! Nothing set in stone on our end yet.. but we hope to within the next month or 2!! We also had to cancel our May 2020 due to this awful virus. We were going for my sons 4th bday, but now hopefully his 5th. Also since we are postponing more family can come now too!! We arent sure if we want to book rooms or rent DVC points... a lot to think about with a larger group!!!

Thanks for doing this!! Nothing set in stone on our end yet.. but we hope to within the next month or 2!! We also had to cancel our May 2020 due to this awful virus. We were going for my sons 4th bday, but now hopefully his 5th. Also since we are postponing more family can come now too!! We arent sure if we want to book rooms or rent DVC points... a lot to think about with a larger group!!!

My first victim! :rotfl:

Absolutely 100% my pleasure to do this thread! Just tag me when you are ready to add dates.

5th birthday celebration is awesome! And the more the merrier right? :D
I have no experience with renting DVC points, but it is something we are considering for a later trip, we want to try out Riviera!

Hi you two! Long time no see, lol! So obviously nothing is set in stone this far out yet, but we moved our May 2020 trip to May 2021. Tentative dates will be the end of the month so it falls on my actual birthday...the big four oh! The silver lining to all this is I get to probably celebrate my milestone birthday the same time as WDW's. Again depending on availability and discounts/agency exclusive, we are shooting for a split stay like we initially wanted last time, but a Club Level split! Thinking of 3 nights at the GF and 6 at the Poly. Having the extra time to save up coupled with what we feel will likely be strong incentives, we will make it work. And we wanted something special to look forward to with all of this going on right now.

Hi you two! Long time no see, lol! So obviously nothing is set in stone this far out yet, but we moved our May 2020 trip to May 2021. Tentative dates will be the end of the month so it falls on my actual birthday...the big four oh! The silver lining to all this is I get to probably celebrate my milestone birthday the same time as WDW's. Again depending on availability and discounts/agency exclusive, we are shooting for a split stay like we initially wanted last time, but a Club Level split! Thinking of 3 nights at the GF and 6 at the Poly. Having the extra time to save up coupled with what we feel will likely be strong incentives, we will make it work. And we wanted something special to look forward to with all of this going on right now.

Hi!!! :wave:

Welcome again and so glad you are here!

Do over!!!

I know I may have different circumstances for cancelling than most of you probably will, but I sure do understand the disappointment of postponing.

But this thread will certainly be a welcome distraction for me - hopefully everyone - during these uncertain, kind of scary times.

Your split stay sounds awesome!!! And your birthday is the perfect reason to celebrate.
We will be celebrating 25 years together!!! I'm a bit past the big 4-0, will be 47 by trip, but I feel like I'm still adorable, so it's okay. :rotfl:

We are still looking forward to trying out Gran Destino. No clue what the state of the parks will be, yada yada yada, but at least I know we'll have a gorgeous hotel!

Whenever you want me to add you to the list, just tag me and I'll do it.

Happy to see you Kylenne!

Hello! Currently have may2020 but if I could convince GS to let me move my 30% off bounce back offer for definite 2021 May dates I’d be all.over.it!!!!

Last edited:
Hello! Currently have may2030 but if I could convince GS to let me move my 30% off bounce back offer for definite 2021 May dates I’d be all.over.it!!!!

Hi! Good luck on trying to move your discount to next year!

I'm kind hoping out of all this mess that at least next year gets us some good hotel discounts.

I'm also happy we already booked our hotel because I have a feeling next May is going to be pretty crowded! ;)

Hey GURRRRLLLLLL!! We love disney in spring... so if we have to wait a year it is what it is!!!!

So after some discussion with the fam this past weekend, since more of us are able to go next year we have MANY star wars fans, and they want to go to HS 5/4,
So our tentative dates are looking closer to5/1-7th-ish. No clue where we are staying yet, or if we are all staying in separate hotels. Very confusing at this point.. but we will get there eventually!!

So after some discussion with the fam this past weekend, since more of us are able to go next year we have MANY star wars fans, and they want to go to HS 5/4,
So our tentative dates are looking closer to5/1-7th-ish. No clue where we are staying yet, or if we are all staying in separate hotels. Very confusing at this point.. but we will get there eventually!!

I'm really torn myself about dates. We still want to do 10 days, and I'm really sad that we will be missing out on May the 4th this year since that's the whole reason we moved the dates up for this birthday trip despite my birthday being at the end of the month (that and having more time to enjoy Flower & Garden). We would just pick the same dates for 2021, except...2021 is a milestone birthday. I would legit want to be there on my actual day.

On the bright side, maybe things like the Future World construction, Epcot monorail maintenance, etc will be done by the time we go so we'll feel much less of an impact. Getting around Food & Wine was so obnoxious in November for the FW booths.

I'm really torn myself about dates. We still want to do 10 days, and I'm really sad that we will be missing out on May the 4th this year since that's the whole reason we moved the dates up for this birthday trip despite my birthday being at the end of the month (that and having more time to enjoy Flower & Garden). We would just pick the same dates for 2021, except...2021 is a milestone birthday. I would legit want to be there on my actual day.

On the bright side, maybe things like the Future World construction, Epcot monorail maintenance, etc will be done by the time we go so we'll feel much less of an impact. Getting around Food & Wine was so obnoxious in November for the FW booths.

We were going this year (my DH, DS and myself) for my sons 4th birthday on 5/17. Some family members do not celebrate birthdays so we usually try to do a trip instead. So next year we were going to plan the same time frame, but now some family can come so we decided to make it neutral and bot celebrate any bdays when we go so everyone can enjoy!!! It will be less stressful too trying to plan special Birthday meals and chatacter meets. What's great is my dad likes to hang at the resort, my husband is a mix of both parks and breaks, I'm a park head so I'm good to go the entire time with no breaks.. same with my brother and his wife, and my mom used to be a disney drill sergeant but she hasnt gone in years.. so we shall see!! It will be a good mix and I think everyone will get to do what they want with some delicious eating in between!! 😊

And we were planning in skipping epcot this trip, but with ratatouille and hopef8a lot of construction being done we will def go.. plus my dads fave thing is drinking around the world!!

I wonder if they will release package pricing for next year at the usual time. I imagine they will still raise prices as normal and then offer discounts if needed.

We are already locked in at our room only rate for 2021, which is the same as we were going to pay at Grand Destino for 2020, so yay! :D - just can't make any changes to it or turn it into a package.

Alright!!!!!!!!!! My brother just booked to come on the last 5 days of our 9 day trip. He's a blast!!! I'm so excited!!! Yay Frankie!!! :banana::banana::banana:

YAY for this thread and YAY for me being able to say we are staying at Boardwalk 5/22-5/29!!!

Putting my deposit down this week. Rack rate made my heart stop for a second. :rotfl2: But, I know we want Boardwalk garden view no matter what, so I wanted it booked.

We are using our funds from our canceled trips this year to help pay for the resort. I was originally going to book the Swan which was half the price, but alas...we are suckers for the true bubble.

We have 6 day park hopper tickets that we bought in 2016, so that's covered. We will do the parks Sunday-Friday. No parks on arrival or departure day.

I am very excited to start planning. 417 days to go!!!!

Last edited:
YAY for this thread and YAY for me being able to say we are staying at Boardwalk 5/22-5/27!!!

Putting my deposit down this week. Rack rate made my heart stop for a second. :rotfl2: But, I know we want Boardwalk garden view no matter what, so I wanted it booked.

We are using our funds from our canceled trips this year to help pay for the resort. I was originally going to book the Swan which was half the price, but alas...we are suckers for the true bubble.

We have 6 day park hopper tickets that we bought in 2016, so that's covered. We will do the parks Sunday-Friday. No parks on arrival or departure day.

I am very excited to start planning. 417 days to go!!!!

Alright!!! Another one for the crew!

Glad you are here and I'm adding you to the list. Now officially there are 2 of us and unofficially 4 of us. May 2021 is gonna be insane! :rotfl:

I can attach files again!!! Hey look, here's Walnut to cheer you all up!

91196517_2702656543302484_8260475321535430656_o.jpg

You guys, the internet is stealing my money.

I keep getting all these amazing deals from stores and I bought a bunch of tops and couple of summer dresses for the trip!!! Well, I can wear them this summer too, so....that's justifiable, right?

Please indulge me everyone. I'm sooo bored. :p

Soooo, got some packages!!!

Here some stuff for next May's trip! (I told Micky it was for work this summer, but...)

Resized_20200401_133611.jpegResized_20200401_133632.jpegunnamed.jpg

Just bumping for any lost souls looking for a lovely respite! Come join us in May 2021!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter