***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

I called member services to have them restructure our points between our two reservations so if we decide to cancel our May reservation we can bank all those points. They were super helpful. We have until Feb 1st to decide about cancellation. Hopefully we will be seeing some good news by then.

You can remove me from the roll call. We switched to June 2021 at Fort Wilderness!

Happy planning to all of you! I hope things are as normal as possible by May! :)
Good luck!!! I love the fort! That was my original plan for this past May!

Walnut is in hospital for pancreatitis. 😥😥😥

Think good thoughts please! He (and we) have been through so much.
Omg I am so sorry!!!! I know how stressful and awful it feels to have your kitty sick. My olive has kidney issues and was in and out of the vet often for it. Sending you good vibes and wishes 💜

Hey @kylenne! Haven't seen you post for a bit.
Hope you are very busy with good things. Check in when you can! 😀

Sorry guys...I haven't been on the boards for a while because the trip cancelling/uncertainty of when I can go back depression really hit me hard and I had to just avoid Disney news/talk.

And now I see the Poly won't be reopening for our dates. On one hand I'm glad for the refurb but otoh? I feel like I got kicked in the teeth again and I just can't win. I'm hoping they miraculously finish the refurb early and we can still get in because otherwise I have to move our dates away from my milestone birthday or pick another resort for our split.

Sorry guys...I haven't been on the boards for a while because the trip cancelling/uncertainty of when I can go back depression really hit me hard and I had to just avoid Disney news/talk.

And now I see the Poly won't be reopening for our dates. On one hand I'm glad for the refurb but otoh? I feel like I got kicked in the teeth again and I just can't win. I'm hoping they miraculously finish the refurb early and we can still get in because otherwise I have to move our dates away from my milestone birthday or pick another resort for our split.
I feel you. I went from ecstatic that our months of planning and multiple spreadsheets had gotten us the perfect lineup of ADRs and FP+ for our May 2020 trip, to worried about whether the trip would happen and frustrated with the uncertainty, to depressed when it was finally officially cancelled, to somewhat relieved when we confidently re-booked for December 2020, to worried about December, to relieved when we booked for May 2021, and now that I'm starting to have concerns about May 2021, I'm back to being depressed at the constant uncertainty and the loss of the perfectly-planned trip that never was. I know it's still months away, so who knows what will happen by then, but I'm honestly on the verge of cancelling May 2021 just so I don't have to deal with all the stress anymore.

Sorry; didn't mean to be such a downer. My last post was meant to be a "you're not alone" message of support, but it seems to have gone off the rails and into a spiral.

Also... am I weird because NOT being able to plan things is stressful for me?

Sorry; didn't mean to be such a downer. My last post was meant to be a "you're not alone" message of support, but it seems to have gone off the rails and into a spiral.

No, I’m definitely the same way.

I am EXACTLY the same way...just want to lose myself in planning a trip to Disney but feel like I'm just holding my breath hoping May 2021 will be the trip but my sons and I are already talking too about the possibility that it may be Oct 2021 or May 2022...

Omg I am so sorry!!!! I know how stressful and awful it feels to have your kitty sick. My olive has kidney issues and was in and out of the vet often for it. Sending you good vibes and wishes 💜

Thank you! It is so stressful. Nothing else matters at the moment but Walnut.

I just talked with our TA and she said she's totally cool with working with us to move sooner than Disney will start contacting affected guests (4 weeks from arrival she said) but she advised us to wait until after the holidays so we get a more accurate sense of what the spring is going to be like, given how volatile the situation is with things changing so much from week to week. I think it's sound advice so for the meantime we're leaving our reservation alone and I'm just keeping an eye on things as they develop.

I feel you. I went from ecstatic that our months of planning and multiple spreadsheets had gotten us the perfect lineup of ADRs and FP+ for our May 2020 trip, to worried about whether the trip would happen and frustrated with the uncertainty, to depressed when it was finally officially cancelled, to somewhat relieved when we confidently re-booked for December 2020, to worried about December, to relieved when we booked for May 2021, and now that I'm starting to have concerns about May 2021, I'm back to being depressed at the constant uncertainty and the loss of the perfectly-planned trip that never was. I know it's still months away, so who knows what will happen by then, but I'm honestly on the verge of cancelling May 2021 just so I don't have to deal with all the stress anymore.

I am posting in this thread because I totally agree with SMRT-1's post and feel the same way.

We had a perfectly-planned trip for May 2020 that we held onto hope for until the last minute, then changed to September 2020 (right about now), be decided to postpone again due to the uncertainty. We are rebooked for May 2021, but I am absolutely not planning anything yet.

First, let me say that I do NOT disagree with the mask policy that WDW has instituted. But, I know for sure that my 20-month old daughter (who will be over 2 years old in May 2021) will not be able to handle a mask - and I've heard the horror stories of kids being kicked off planes for not wearing their masks. For a while, I was SURE that the mask policy would be gone by next May, but now I'm hearing that there's still a decent chance that it will be in force...

Joining the party!

Like so many others, our April 2020, then October 2020, and now May 2021 trip is finally booked. It got pushed back a year, but now it'll be a birthday extravaganza since I'll be turning 40 during our trip.

We are booked at the Swan 5/8-5/16. Will be keeping an eye on spring discounts as well.

Hopefully all of our trips will be relatively normal by May. Fingers crossed!

Joining the party!

Like so many others, our April 2020, then October 2020, and now May 2021 trip is finally booked. It got pushed back a year, but now it'll be a birthday extravaganza since I'll be turning 40 during our trip.

We are booked at the Swan 5/8-5/16. Will be keeping an eye on spring discounts as well.

Hopefully all of our trips will be relatively normal by May. Fingers crossed!

Hi there!!! :wave:

Welcome to May! What a way to celebrate 40!
I added you to the list.

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter