Can't purchase Disney gift card w/ Target gift card?

I work at a target and no one has told me otherwise, so I still have taken orders! ;) However please remember if a cashier tells you no it is for a good reason. They aren't just trying to ruin your day, they have been told, likely by someone several levels above them, that they cannot process these orders. They could LOSE their job for putting it through for you, so please don't push them to do something or get angry with them if they clearly say they can't. the best thing to do is get clarification from corporate and then show that to a member of management, since even with proof a cashier is likely going to need to call a manager anyways.

It's a shame it looks like this deal is coming to an end... it was a good way to save money :/
I know that not everyone has this option, but I just use the self-checkout. I did it yesterday to purchase $400 in Disney GCs (and some dog biscuits). My only issue was that the GCs are so light in weight that they don't register on the scale when you toss them into the bag. And if you tap "I don't want to bag this item" often enough, the team member monitoring the self-checkouts has to come over and clear the error before you can proceed.

Is the card activated if you do it yourself at self-checkout?

Yes! I've done this once because I was worried about a cashier rejecting me, and it activated almost instantly. I loaded it up in my disney account the same evening.

No
Ebates no longer credits for gift card purchases on target even if purchased with a qualifying item. They fixed that glitch a while ago.

If you mean getting 5% off because you have a red card but use a target gift card to pay in full or any portion then supposedly the order will be cancelled within minutes.

So many great techniques all gone. :( Those will go down as the glory days of getting Disney trips for half-price... When people would think you're wasting your time on gift cards since they didn't know you could save thousands of dollars... Still, this sale wasn't bad, even doing it old school. Using the 10% Target sale, 2% DVA and AP promo for DVC, got 13-mo APs for around $514 after tax. Now our June trip is basically paid off.

I just finished converting my target gift cards to Disney gift cards today. So with credit card cash back, fuel rewards from buying the target gift cards at grocery store, then using them to purchase new target gift cards at 10% off Sunday I have around a 20% discount on my DVC dues for 2017-not as good as my 25-30% savings last year but nothing to sneeze at either.

FYI - In Rochester, NY, I was not able to purchase Disney gift cards with a Target gift card. Self-checkout would not let me ring up gift cards, and the cashier would not allow me to use a Target gift card to purchase other gift cards.
Ended up returning the Target gift card I had purchased with the 10% discount that was offered on Sunday.

FYI - In Rochester, NY, I was not able to purchase Disney gift cards with a Target gift card. Self-checkout would not let me ring up gift cards, and the cashier would not allow me to use a Target gift card to purchase other gift cards.
Ended up returning the Target gift card I had purchased with the 10% discount that was offered on Sunday.
Not sure if it's just store specific or the end of a good thing..
I was afraid this would happen... I went as soon as I could on Monday to buy my Disney cards..

I was afraid this would happen... I went as soon as I could on Monday to buy my Disney cards..
Ugh I was afraid of this possible situation. I wonder if the self checkouts can be programmed multiple ways or if there was a system update since yesterday. I used self checkout myself to convert $1500 to Disney gift cards but did so in multiple transactions to prevent it flagging for approval or anything.

I was able to convert $450 to Disney GC in Springfield VA. No questions asked. I still have $50 to convert (they didn't have enough GC).

How do y'all do $1000+? My Target only had $25 GC so I had a TON and only got $450 worth. Lol man I would've felt crazy getting $1500 in $25 GC..

I was able to convert $450 to Disney GC in Springfield VA. No questions asked. I still have $50 to convert (they didn't have enough GC).

How do y'all do $1000+? My Target only had $25 GC so I had a TON and only got $450 worth. Lol man I would've felt crazy getting $1500 in $25 GC..
My target sells $100 Disney cards
Did 4 transactions ($300 or $400 per transaction)

Mine only had $50 ones (no $25 or $100) so my guess is it is store specific. Might make sense if they know what denomination sells more for specific areas rather than selling $25,$50 and $100+ if all options don't tend to be bought.

I had no problems buying Disney GCs and paying for them entirely with Target GCs scanned from my phone at self-checkout today. This is in Northern California.

I was able to convert $600.00 on Monday at a Rochester (Henrietta) NY store. We bought the gift cards online, it was difficult for the cashier to scan the barcode.

I bought $900 worth of Target GC for $810 and converted them to $900 Disney GC ($50 each - ugh! - that's all they have). It worked with no problem. This is in the Philadelphia suburbs.

I know that not everyone has this option, but I just use the self-checkout. I did it yesterday to purchase $400 in Disney GCs (and some dog biscuits). My only issue was that the GCs are so light in weight that they don't register on the scale when you toss them into the bag. And if you tap "I don't want to bag this item" often enough, the team member monitoring the self-checkouts has to come over and clear the error before you can proceed.
I had the same issue, however, if you purchase 3 at a time and select no bag, it doesn't need to be cleared. It avoided having the person come over and clear the register. Oddly enough the $50 cards never asked me to bag them, it was only the $100 ones.

Can you use the e gift cards from raise at the self check out or only online?

Yes. Load it to your Target online account. Then on the page you review all your gift cards each one says "scan for in-store purchases" Just print the page off and take to the store.

Yes. Load it to your Target online account. Then on the page you review all your gift cards each one says "scan for in-store purchases" Just print the page off and take to the store.
Just did this on Wednesday. Worked perfectly.

Has anyone tried to purchase a Disney GC with a target GC online and adding a cheap item on? For example $100 Disney gift card and erasers for $2 and then using a $100 target GC to pay for it and then paying the difference for the erasers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter