Car hire - windscreen and tyre cover?

sam_rogers

painting with all the colours of the wind
I'm about to book our car hire for our September trip and can't decide whether to get additional cover for tyres and windscreen. I haven't rented a car in Orlando since 2012 and can't remember if we've ever taken out this cover in the past! I was just wondering what people's views are on it and whether it's recommended to have? We will be using Alamo either booking directly or through an agent.

I wouldn't buy it from the car hire company. It's cheaper to buy individual insurance independently through a cashback site. Annual worldwide cover for 2 drivers with Direct Car Hire Excess Insurance is £49.99 with 12% cashback through Quidco for example. If you have a problem you have to pay up front with the car hire company and then claim when you get home. This is what we buy given that we travel abroad several times a year. Haven't been stung so far but you hear so many horror stories of people returning cars and then having large sums blocked on their credit cards because the company claims damage has been done!

Mrs TT

Last edited:
Hi

Yes I do the same buy worldwide cover from insurance4carhire much cheaper than buying from the car hire co. we rent a lot in Europe as well

regards

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter