• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car rental at Disney?

sters

<font color=red>Enjoys visiting resorts at WDW<br>
Is it possible to rent a car at the Disneyland Hotel or somewhere within walking distance of the Disneyland hotel? If so, what companies.

I beleive there is a Thrifty Car rental next door to the Alpine Inn, near the corner of Harbor & Katella.

I've used Budget Car Rental which is about a mile or so South of DL on Harbor. :cheer2: They get all of my car rental buisness.

DO NOT use Alamo!! (especially at LAX) Those SOBs nearly ruined our trip in '94. :mad:

zakerdog said:
OH! OH! I'm booked with Alamo - tell me what happened?

to me Alamo seems to really like to push selling their insurance & can get very picky about dents and marks on their cars-

I had Alamo booked out of LAX 4/6/05- 4/15/05 as they had the best rates-
but......since then I went to nationalcar.com (National Car Rental) and was able to get a better rate at a better car category.

http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html

as you will get all sorts of info on rental cars and the codes you can put online at their websites to lower your rate.

I LOVE National - I signed up for free as a member of the Emerald Isle Club (there's info at mousesavers on how to do this) which allows me to skip the rental counter at the airport and go directly to the Emerald Isle and choose ANY car in that row that is a part of the car category I reserved. No high pressure sales & very fast service.

A friend and I flew into LAX in January '94...2 days after the Northridge Quake.

I had prepaid our Alamo reservation to receive a great discount rate but was told at the counter that unless I was one of their 'Gold Club' (or some other premium group) members, they had cancelled all existing reservations since they could make more money from 'emergency' rentals. We were SOL and it took nearly 8 weeks for them to refund my money. I had a few choice words with the manager who called the police to have us removed. (I was scaring the suits who WERE getting their cars.) We went back to LAX just as the officers were arriving.

In the meantime, we had to find another rental company and ended up losing almost a full day and paying 4x what we were promised by Alamo. This put a serious bite in our trip.

As you may guess, I'm still pretty bitter over the whole affair and have spent 11 years warning people away from them. God, I love the internet. :love:

Sorry about everyone's Alamo experiences. Like another poster, I love National. Even though they are partnered with Alamo, I've never had a bad experience. Budget on the other hand, don't get me started.....

There's an Avis located in the Park Vue Inn on Harbor, right across from the main entrance to DL. There are 2 Enterprise locations fairly close, near the convention center, then another on W Katella.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter